New York Color Ultra Moist Wear Chiffon

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the lipstick equivalent of wetnwild's Sinless lipgloss. It is so pretty! Chanel glossimer lipgloss in 02 Brilliance is also similar! I kno frosts aren't revered by all but I love them. Pretty w w grey smoky eye. #winning

This particular colour is not flattering for a daily office look. I do not like the finish of it at all, as it makes my lips look very undefined and pale. It is too shimmery/frosted and very white-looking.

Update: Ok, maybe I was being too harsh. If applied very lightly, it can give a cute and sheer pink shimmer to your lips for a more natural look. I used a regular amount (a layer I would use with any other lipstick) it looked like I had pink icing on my lips all day. It's not something I would wear everyday, but I've had worse lipsticks.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have two tubes of this creamy lipstick. I keep one in my makeup bag and one in my purse. This is an ultra pale, silvery pink. I apply this really lightly. Otherwise, I think it makes the mouth look too pale. If you hate frost, don't buy this, because it is most definitely a frosted lipstick. Personally, I think this really balances out a smokey gray eye. I wouldn't wear this with brown eyeshadow or any other earth tone makeup. Chiffon is probably best with cool skin tones, but for $1 buck it couldn't hurt to experiment. I think it would make a great layering lipstick. Although, I haven't used it as that. The only downside to this lipstick is that the bullet doesn't swivel all the way down into the case. It's really easy to nick your lipstick when putting the top back on. Otherwise, this is a great find.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This Lipstick was gorgeous don't get me wrong its just the color was unbelievably bright and shimmery that you couldn't where it without dark lip gloss! I would not buy this product again but if you love a shimmery pink then there you go!

Eyes: Violet

I probably would not buy this product again. The color was so faint and came out so frosty. It was not for me. But if you want a light pink that shimmers then this is perfect for you.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This was very frosty. Its a cool toned pink that doesn't look good on my warm skin tone. Due to the ''ultra moist'' of this it takes a lot of layers to get any color. it glides too much. i really like this lipstick for layering on top of other lipsticks though.

I usually love N.Y.C lipsticks but this one was really light and adds a huge shine to my lips and makes them look like a really light silver, not my cup of tea. haha I also didn't like how it doesn't go all the way back down into the stick, so you always nik pieces off the cap when you use it, and i've used it a few times, sometimes even under some other lipsticks to lighten them or add a glossy effect. I wouldn't get this again though.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a pale, frosty pink. It is way too sheer on my lips and just gives them a frosty gloss appearance. I will try the other colors in this series, but I will not be repurchasing this color.

This is my first lipstick I have ever bought! I tried it on, and it is this beautiful shimmery frost-like pink. It flattered my lips and skin tone and it looked great! I don't know what the other people are talking about, mine smelled like fruit and candy or cupcakes! It is very moisturizing and tastes great! It does need reapplication a lot though.

Normally, I love NYC lipsticks. I have tried the Ultra Moist lipsticks in Petal and Violet Shine and thought they were amazing. Unfortunately, Chiffon did not do anything for me except make me look like I had silver lips. I purchased this lipstick online so didn't get to see the shade in person before buying it. Big mistake. Chiffon is pale, pale pink with with way too much silver frost. Also, the packaging isn't the best. The lipstick doesn't go all the way down in the tube so it's easy to nick it with the cap. Pigmentation really isn't that good yet somehow it still manages to look horrendous. I suppose someone with very light, maybe NW15, skin can pull this shade off but anyone else, no. For reference, I have NC 25/30 skin. If you're looking for a frosty light pink that can work for light to medium skin tones, get this lipstick in the shade Petal instead. That color is much more natural looking. I will probably just use Chiffon in the center of my lips to add dimension and make my lips look fuller or use it as a cream highlighter on my cheekbones. I won't be repurchasing.