2.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 years ago

I got this after trying the micro pencil in Chocolate and finding it ran too red for my dark brown brows. I figured with the big selection of shades including auburns, that this would really be a medium brown. Nope. This shows up as auburn brown on me. It is pretty much the same as Chocolate in the micro pencil, but with a thicker "lead" in it. Both products have the same waxy-opaque colour and texture. If the colour had worked for me, I would be happy, but unless you are looking for reddish warm tones in your brown pencil, I'd say pass on this. Of the NYX brow products I've tried, I think the only real winner for me have been the powder and the gel. I am still on the hunt for a natural looking pencil to fill in sparse areas on my otherwise unremarkable brows.

About reviewer (133 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

5 years ago

This product is just.. eh. Packaging looks really cheap and plastic, so I rated it a 2/5. Also, this color has an orange undertone to it so it looks really awkward in my very dark brown eyebrows. Okay pigmentation, and not hygienic packaging since there's no cap on the brush. Wish the tip was not as thick, but I can't really complain because of it's price. Over all I wouldn't repurchase or recommend to a friend but if they don't care about their eye brows as much as I do, it should be fine. - @makeupdupe.s on instagram // helpful? Like!

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinOther, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

from

5 years ago

100% HG product for brows. Best formula/product for brows I have ever come across. Will repurchase over and over

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair

HairBrunette

5 years ago

I wasn't impressed with this brow pencil. I was using 'define a brow' by Maybelline and I just wanted to try something different to see what else is out there. The pencil tip is what i really don't like. It doesn't have a very pointy tip so it is hard to get a defined shape that I am trying to achieve with my brow pencil. I also didn't like how the packaging is a little bit deceiving. The lid color looked a lot darker than the actual pencil color. Since it's all packaged up you can't see the actual color of the pencil so I ended up buying one that was too light for me. This product is just meh... there are way better brow pencils at the drugstore, I will not be buying this again I probably will end up throwing it out. The formula is dry and scratchy and I just don't like it.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

The NYX eyebrow pencil is incredible. I bought mine in Light Brown, for $9 from Target (Australia). Light brown is perfect colour to complement my auburn hair. It's smooth and waxy, and definitely worth the money I paid. I would pay Anastasia Beverly Hills prices for this product.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

5 years ago

This product was horrible and hard to apply to the eyebrow, it was also very chalky and there was no colour payoff. Definitely thumbs down to this product

About reviewer (87 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Kinky, Coarse

3.0

5 years ago

Yes, I'd repurchase. But in another shade. Last pencil I bought was too dark, so I was looking for something lighter. I have dark brown hair and brows. Packaging is good, product itself it firm but still spreads easily, not greasy or chalky. Lasting power is good. But like many others have noted, it is a bit red. I can get away with it just barely by ensuring that none gets on the skin outside of my actual brow, on the skin is where it really stands out. I you're drawing on a brow, you may not like this particular color.

About reviewer (224 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

6 years ago

Let me start by saying I have dark blonde brows that are thin and tend to look gray. I dye my hair dark brown so I need to add a little something to my brows to help them blend with my hair color and keep them from disappearing. I grabbed this because I liked the twist up feature. I usually use the Maybelline twin pencils in blonde, but I'm tired of sharpening them. The cap on the taupe option looked reddish so I grabbed the medium brown. It's auburn! I was shocked when I opened it and swatched it on my hand. I was expecting a warmer brown shade but nothing this red. I tried it anyway and it looked ridiculous. Really ridiculous. It smeared almost immediately just by using the little brush thingy on the end of the pencil. There is no way I'd wear this in public! Back to Maybelline I go!

About reviewer (151 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

3.0
from

6 years ago

I really like the packaging of this product. The top clicks on securely and the brush on the end is soft, but firm. It's also priced right. The product has good staying power as well. What didn't work for me is the shade is MUCH too red. It would work great for someone with auburn hair or brows. I have black brows so this was not right for me. I also did not like that the pencil itself is a rectangular shape - I mean instead of coming to a point, it comes to a rectangle! I prefer a brow pencil that allows you to draw a fine line. This one is good for filling in large areas, but made it hard to do the "tails."

About reviewer (387 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

6 years ago

I bought this thinking it would be a true medium/lightish brown, especially since it's the lightest colour in this line, as far as I know. Well, I was wrong. This is a VERY red-brown. I have a light chocolate brown colour in my hair right now, and I could not wear this, because my eyebrows were red. If you have an auburn hair colour, this may work for you, but if your hair is brown and you like your eyebrows to match your hair colour, don't buy this colour.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool