Crystal Crystal Roll-On Body Deodorant

3.9

Purified water (aqua), natural mineral salts, potassium alum, cellulose

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I had always wanted to try this type of deodorant and when I found one on clearance at Kroger for only 9 cents, nine little pennies, well of course, I am going to get that. You can look at it on the bathroom shelf for 9 cents. They must have made a mistake on the price- it was unopened, perfect condition. I wish now I had left it on the bathroom shelf, because this was pretty horrible. I always use Sure Unscented stick, which works great. This deodorant may work for some, and it would be nice to be able to use something more natural, but it did not help me with anything, no odor protection at all; and I know this type of deodorant isn't intended stop the perspiration that much, but all I got from it was an itchy, red and burning rash! I did not apply it until several hours after shaving, so that was not a factor. An absolute miss for me, but least I got to try it for almost free.

I use this after my nightly showers to keep me from smelling like onions. In the mornings I apply this and then the crystal stick deodorant while my underarms are still wet from the liquid deodorant. I rub it on for approximately 12 seconds on each underarm. Together this works better than normal deodorant for me, but separately they do not work for that long. which is why I only use this alone at night and it works well enough alone for the night time use. I would encourage others to apply it in this manner and see it it works for you.

To Read all 84 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/2/2016 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This deodorant didn't work for me at all. After years of using drugstore stick deodorants I decided to try something aluminium-free and bought Crystal roll-on deodorant with lavender & white tea scent. This deodorant does not keep me neither dry or odor-free. The scent wears off within an hour and then I just sweat and smell as if I had not used any deodorant at all. Quite disappointed in this product, but it might work for someone else. I'll keep trying aluminium-free options out there.

on 4/15/2015 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a great, all natural product that I use daily. I like to apply it right out of the shower before bed as it has no scent to bother me while I'm sleeping yet it does a good job keeping me feeling fresh. I use the Crystal Essence roll on in the AM and these two products keep me feeling and smelling fresh and clean all day. I like that there is no residue or nasty white build-up with either of these products and the scent of the essence is nice and light unlike conventional deodorants which give me headaches on account of the fake smelling strong scents. If I know that I will be going to a stressful event or social gathering (stress city for this introvert) the next day, I team my evening application of this product with PIP (Protection in Probiotics) spray as I do notice that stressful sweating requires the extra protection of this additional product as stress must change the body chemistry on some level. I did deduct some lippies for the packaging as I find myself storing the roll-ons upside down when they start to run low...minor inconvenience but perhaps something for the company to work on.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Much better than the Kiss my Face version. The product scent didnt turn sour like KMF. I havent tried Crystal's rock or spray, but will definitely check it out!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Here's the best way I've found to use crystal salt deodorant:

In the shower, after washing/shaving/whatever floats your boat, use the crystal ROCK (the stone) on your underarms. Really rub it on there and get a good coating under both arms. I usually do this while I'm still in the shower. It's quick and you're already wet so why not. Don't rub your underarms dry - just leave them to air dry. It barely takes any time at all. Just do it while you're getting dressed or combing your hair or whatever. Then, whether it's right after or the following morning, add the crystal deodorant roll-on (the liquid stuff) on your underarms once they've dried.

The double-pronged approach is keeping me fresh through a gross, humid summer, so that's really saying something. I don't really have a B.O. issue most of the time, but I do sweat a lot. However, I sweat LESS using this than I did using antiperspirant.

Oh - and the first time I tried to use this, two years ago, I felt like I sweat a TON. However, I was transitioning off of perfumey chemical antiperspirant. Now, I've been using a different natural deodorant for over a year, and switching back to this has been easy peasy and I actually sweat less. I think your pits can take some time to "detox" if you've regularly been stuffing up your sweat glands with aluminum.

Anyway. I love this. Layer it up - rock salt and roll-on - and you're game for a long, busy day - even if it includes a crazy-intense workout at the end of it!

Note: The roll-on doesn't last anywhere near as long as the rock salt, so I gave it two lippies for price instead of one. Also, you don't HAVE to use both products, but I feel like I stay fresher that way.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this stuff a lot! I kept a roll on & the rock around for the longest time but ran out of the roll on so now am just using the rock. It's very effective & a kinda neat concept!! I've had the rock for over oh idk maybe 6-8 months & it's about half used up. It's so economical, good for you, widely available, green, and it works, so what's not to like!!??

on 1/10/2014 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have a love-hate relationship with this. I've been using Crystal and similar deodorants for 5 years now because I love the idea of it, but it doesn't always work for me. Some days I smell great. Some I smell awful. Some days my right armpit stinks while the left smells fine! I've tried applying a little and a lot. I dry this one with my hair dryer before getting dressed. No matter what I do, the results always seem random to me.

One more thing, the liquid version will run out much faster than the solid, so it's not as good of a deal as the rock version. Nevertheless, I probably would repurchase this, unless I decide to try something else.

on 12/7/2013 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this product! I have purchased this over and over again. I normally keep one unscented & one chamomile:) This works great for me. It does not leave any white residue or yellow stain on clothes. I've just moved to somewhere that has humid summer:( from all-year-around sunny & dry weather. I now have to see how this works next summer in muggy/sticky condition…. Crossing my fingers.. An update to be made soon;)

on 12/1/2013 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

WOW

This has worked better than any antiperspirant I have EVER used in my life no joke. I am trying to stay away from Aluminium and I have tried other brands of deodorant that left my arm pits PEELING from the propelyne gylcol. BAD NEWS. Not only do i NOT smell like body odour using this, but my pits have stayed dry (interesting) and no white film on my clothes.

i am going back to the market and buying the rest of them for fear that I will lose out on another great deodorant