Revlon Super Lustrous- Blushing Mauve

Revlon Super Lustrous- Blushing Mauve

on 6/27/2016 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I normally go for matte lipsticks, so I kind of bought this lipstick by mistake (not noticing that it was pearly), but I actually like this product a lot.

The pearliness is noticeable, but very subtle. It reflects enough light to make my lips look plumper without being overly frosty. It goes on smooth and creamy, and the colour payoff is oh, so satisfying. The colour itself I would describe as a pink-leaning mauve with a lovely blue undertone that looks amazing on my cool-toned skin.

There's quite a bit of transfer when I eat or drink anything, but the formula actually has a bit of stain to it, so my lips still look coloured. As a matter of fact, this colour is decently long-lasting, even with a layer of lip balm underneath.

The packaging is a bit disappointing. The gold tube looks dated and like something my grandma would own. Also, the smell isn't exactly pleasant. It kind of has this fruit punch scent to it with some very chemical-like undertones. I can only really smell it in the tube though, and not on my lips.

Overall, this was a mistake I'm happy I made. And for its price (around $12 in my area) its a really good product.

on 4/14/2016 6:13:00 PM

I picked up this shade while it was on sale for $5, it was a last minute impulse purchase. This lipsticks usually cost around $8 or so for me, in Canada, even more if I buy them full price from Shoppers because everything just seems to be pricier there, haha.

I hadn't noticed when I purchased this that it was a pearl finish, but this isn't an in-your-face pearl finish like a different shade is... I'm looking at you soft silver pink. This shade is a much more subtle pearl, I find it just gives a hint of sparkle, so it is much more wearable.

I always apply a lip balm before putting on a lipstick, even if they aren't matte, so going from that this is very easy to apply - over my lip balm. I don't find it to be patchy and it does go on smooth, although maybe that's just over the balm. This lip colour will come off on people/food/cups, just so you know. I find that this one does leave a faint stain and without eating or picking at your lips it'll last a good few hours.

Like the name suggests, this is a mauve colour. I'm assuming they called it blushing because it is a pinkier mauve. I feel like in the tube it looks quite a bit more purple than what it applies as, so this is definitely a colour I would recommend you swatch and if possible, try on in the store. Advice that I need to take more often, haha. I personally really love the colour, I would just love it more if it wasn't a pearl finish.

The packaging is pretty standard for Revlon lipsticks. It's a little black tube that has a window on the top so you can see the lip colour, and you can see a gold band that reads "REVLON" in thin black letters with the cap on. When you take off the cap it's more gold and you twist to have the product come up, the bottom has a sticker with the name, finish, number, and the stickers colour is what they believe the products colour is. It's simple, it's easy, and there are no complaints from me. I don't find that it has a detectable smell or taste, which again, gives me nothing to complain about.

My overall rating is a 4 and I personally wouldn't purchase this again just because of the pearl. I feel like if I looked hard enough I would be able to find a similar colour in a creamier/satin/velvet finish, which is my preference for a lipstick. As a pearl lipstick though, it is not bad in the slightest and I will continue to use it until I run out.

To Read all 34 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had been on the hunt for a MLBB (MY Lips But Better) lipstick. I had been eyeing this up and also Sassy Mauve (I also did a review for Sassy Mauve) for a long time. I don't know why I waited so long to get both if them!! I like both shades a good deal, and they both fast became 2 of my favorites lipsticks, but I think I like this one, Blushing Mauve, a touch better. It made my lips look a little fuller.

Great shade. Definitely looked cooler on me than Sassy Mauve, which is odd to me bc Sassy Mauve always appears cool. I am NC20.

This lasted not quite as long as the Sassy Mauve, but I still got a good 4 hours wear out of it-which for me is great! This applies very nicely, it wears very nicely, it does not turn funny colors as the day goes on, and did not feel tacky gummy or anything....just feels great on the lips the entire time I am wearing it.

In short, applies well, it stays true to color, it wears well, and has no scent that I can detect...just a pleasure to apply and to wear.

Would recommend and would re-purchase.

on 11/26/2014 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This color looks almost exactly like my own lip color except it gives that pearly shine finish. The color payoff is pretty good but as I said, because of my own lips is quite pigmented, this color just adds the shine to my lips. The formula is not as hydrating as the creme line and I do prefer creme over this. Although I love the color (looks super natural and easy to wear on the go), I will probably find a similar shade in the creme line.

on 10/22/2014 3:25:00 PM

Nice muted peachy pink. On most pics I saw this looked like an almost nothing pink with sheen. But on me (I have this issue with a lot of shades) it comes off very orange toned. So if like me, you have trouble with lipsticks turning orange or brown on you...this is going to do it too. I am NW20, almost black hair, brown eyes, mauvey lips, deep winter.

on 10/21/2014 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ugggh, this is just light frosty pink on me. I hate it.

on 6/30/2014 10:23:00 AM

I bought a couple of these because I was looking for a Mauve color to wear for a special occasion. I picked this up along with Sassy Mauve. This is truly a Chameleon color. Some are getting warmer peachy tones, some reviewers got warmer rosey browns. I am a lite to medium tone neutral but lean a little more cool skin tone. This on me is a lite mauve but leans a little bit berry tone on me. Perfect tone down but there color. Almost a MLBB for me. I own several of this line. I know it from my mother and grandmother. IT's creamy, doesn't dry out and has such a varied line you should be able to find a color right for you. The fact it's in stores from Walgreens to Walmart means your price tag should be reasonable as well and quick to pick up for a last minute winner. I like the packaging for the fact that you can see the actually lippy in the tube because the top is clear. Bottom line if you are budget conscious but like the some of the higher end lippys check the revlon line and you tube Gurus to see if you can find a dupe here. Bet you will

To be honest, I wasn't initially sold of this lipstick shade when I saw it in the tube. However, the Revlon saleslady used it on her lips and I realized that it's a pretty rosy brown shade - perfect for MLBB!

Just like any other Revlon lipstick of the same variant, it has the same creamy consistency. I love how nicely it glides along my lips and how my lips feel soft and smooth during and after application.

I also appreciate how the shade is the exact match of my natural lip color - just the creamier and more pigmented version, of course - thus improving how my lips' appearance.

I initially used this over a Maybelline Baby Lips balm, which was a bad idea because the color became muted or diluted and it did not last long enough. In my opinion, it is best for this lipstick to be worn alone or under lip gloss..

I think this shade is a good match for any skin tone. Good to be worn with lip liner/lip gloss.

on 5/6/2014 8:13:00 PM

I think calling this mauve is a little weird because it's really peachy and warm, but whatever, I love this lipstick! Isn't what I was expecting but the color is so pretty, and leaves a nice stain. When I first apply it, it looks pretty makeupy but after an hour of weird it blends really nice and leaves that awesome stain and it looks fairly natural.
Good lipstick to wear when you want to feel pretty! Nice, gives you a polished feel, colorful, but not too much.
Bonus only paid $4 for my tube on sale :D

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This Lipstick, Blushing Mauve in particular, is amazing!!
price-I picked this up at Target, it was $5.87 if i remember correctly, but with the $2 off any revlon lip product you can still print off Coupons.com, it was only $3.87, which was an amazing price, especially for this quality.

packaging- the packaging is simple and sleek, and the base is big enough to be able to easily take off in a hurry (unlike the lip butters). the very top of the lipstick is see through so if you have multiple you can pretty easily find the color you're looking for, and the sticker on the bottom is color coded as well. It doesn't look cheap.

color- i bought blushing mauve because i was looking for a MLBB color, which this definitely is. My natural lip color is pretty deep, and as i am very fair and cool toned its hard to find a color that won't look ridiculous and clown like on me. but this is perfect! it is a natural looking rosy color. It is pretty pigmented as well.

staying power- this doesnt last a super long time, but its good enough and it fades nicely, and it doesn't leave patches of color throughout the day. It leaves a subtle stain as well. its not hard to reapply as it goes on creamy.

I also love how nicely it goes on, and its definitely not drying and feels nice on your lips. Recommend it 100%!