Omega 3 supplement

4.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

However , omega 3 truly can do wonderful things to your body and your skin,
Providing you choose the right brand, and keep a healthy life style. My skin is glowing my mother asked if I was pregnant!! I asked her why and she said well I saw you eat a pickle and your skin is glowing lmao. Yes you can freeze them and take them to help with fish burps thats how I give them to my son(his needs to stay refrigerated anyway) but I give him better ones then what I have since he has psoriasis and helps with that(his are 21.99). I got the natures best brand from cvs for myself(under 10 bucks)odorless 1200mg that says controls fish burps on it, I have tried the really cheap ones I tried(under 5) are horrid they those ones made me smell lol The natures best ones I dont have that problem.
..ok here we go

Here are the main omega 3 skin benefits
- reduces wrinkles,no, it won't "make a 80 years old look like teenager in 5 days" , but it will definitely help
-Most people relay on creams only... Why not nourish your skin from inside out?
- prevent dryness, and made my skin perfectly moistureized .
- fight against skin problems like acne and eczema and helps my sons psoriasis.
- Reduce dry, flakey skin, by preventing dehydration of cells
- Promote glowing skin and improve skin tone
- Prevent sagging skin
- Make your skin plumper and more youthful
- Maintain skinís elasticity

HAIR
Essential omega-3 fatty acids moisturize your scalp from the inside. Lack of adequate amount of Omega 3 fatty acids can lead to dry scalp,dandruff,dry hair,and hair fall. My hair is longer and I get dry scalp less often

HEALTH
-Help build healthy cell membranes
- Reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
-Provide anti-inflammatory effects on our joints
- Reduce your risk of depression
- Lower cholesterol
- Lower triglycerides
- Lower blood pressure
-Lower the risk of certain cancers and reduce prostate tumor growth
- Improve immune function
-attention deficit hyperactivity disorder(ADHD) this has also helped my son he has this condition and it seemed to vanish after about 4 months
-joint pain I no longer hear clicking sounds when I work out

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I can't live without these. Before I started taking these, I had the crappiest skin. I was breaking out in cysts everywhere and I was finally fed up. My friend has this amazing, perfect, glowing skin and I had to find out what her secret was. She told me it was these pills. I did a little research and decided to try them. Within the first week of trying them, my skin clearly improved. My family noticed and was like, "Oh! Nice skin! So what are you doing?" I happily told them it was these pills. My friends are starting take them as well. They really work. As an added bonus, they make your hair and nails grow like crazy. I'll probably never stop taking these. Love 'em!

on 1/16/2008 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

These are very helpful videos on Omega 3.

Why you need Nordic Omega 3 fish oils (1-5).

Choosing the right omega 3 oil

I will update this.

More info: What are the side effects of fish oil supplements?

Fish oil supplements are dietary supplements that contain oil from cold water fish such as mackerel, salmon, black cod, albacore tuna, sardines, and herring. The active ingredients in fish oil supplements are essential fatty acids known as omega-3 fatty acids. They typically include eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).
The most commonly reported side effects of fish oil supplements include fishy odor on the breath, upset stomach, and greasy stools. A more serious side effect can be an increase in LDL-cholesterol, a harmful form of cholesterol. Large doses of fish oil supplements may also cause weight gain and decrease the absorption of vitamins A, E, D, and K from the stomach. If you have diabetes, use caution when taking fish oil supplements, as they’ve been known to increase blood sugar.

Cod liver oil should not be used as a fish oil supplement because it contains very high levels of vitamin A. High doses of vitamin A can cause headache, dry skin, itching, and liver damage.

References:Fasching, P. "Fish Oil Supplementation Versus Gemfibrozil Treatment in Hyperlipidemic NIDDM. A Randomized Crossover Study," Hormonal and Metabolic Research 28 (1996).Gray, D.R. "Fish Oil As An Adjuvant in the Treatment of Hypertension," Pharmacotherapy 16 (1996).

on 9/25/2007 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The jury is still out on this one.....after reading so many rave reviews I bought 2 bottles of Nature Made brand Omega 3 fish oil pills.....i cannot attest to the overall health benefits just yet, as I have only been taking them daily for two weeks. However, to my dismay, it seems as though these pills have broken my face out...i have generally clear skin, and only two days after taking the pills terrible, painful bumps have developed on my chin....a place i don't even usually break out. It really upsets me because I am very into taking good care of myself and i thought this would only help me in my quest for great health. These pills may be great for my insides, but they are reaking havoc on my face! Ladies, when it comes to taking these pills, PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!!!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm 21 years old with combination skin. I'm very athletic but I have weak joints that sometimes sound like cracking or grinding and it hurts. My face is oily in the summer months and sometimes flaky skin around the mouth and chin area and for some strange reason starting this Summer, I developed cystic acne along my jaw line! (because of hormones/ constant face touching maybe?) I stumbled upon this review just by curiosity. My best friend was recommended fish oil pills from his optometrist to lower the cholesterol around his pupils. I bought a bottle from my local drugstore CVS NATURE MADE for 6.99 USD containing 100 soft gels. Most important they're Mercury-free! The pill is 1" long has a slight odor but not terrible or unbearable (i don't even get fish burps so I think that varies from person to person). I've followed the directions on the bottle to take 1-2 gels twice daily. So far I'm taking 2 with lunch and 2 with dinner. It's been about two weeks now and I'm still in shock how different my skin is.

The Results:
-silkier hair
-skin is glowing and supple
-lesser dark spots
-even skin tone
-joints and knees are lubed and no longer cracking
-no more dry eyes

Might I add, my skin is firmer! Because of the suppleness and smoothness of my skin, I need less make up. Before when I had very little sleep, I would wake up with tired and dull skin. I'm a working student so I'm up a lot and sometimes get no sleep. Every day for the past two weeks I've woken up with a radiant face. My cravings for sweets are less. It's almost as if my brain had subconsciously rejected anything sweet. The list of benefits continue as I plan to add this into a daily routine. Just by changing my diet and adding more veggies and fruit, while taking the fish oil, I've lost 2 pounds every week. I feel full of energy and my skin looks great and I'm able to play tennis without hurting joints. I highly recommend this to anyone with skin problems and bad joints.

Oh, p.s. There are many articles out there that rave Fish Oil Pills help control anger management, bi-polar disorder, depression. Click continue for supplement picture. continued >>

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I have no idea why we are reviewing fish oil on makeupalley, but I'll jump in :) (what's next, calcium? just kidding!) I've been taking these consistently (daily) since 2002/2003 or thereabouts, so I feel I really can speak to its benefits and safety. No problems and it's all good! I second all the previous comments. Good for skin, hair, eyes, and mental health! I take Vitamin Shoppe brand which is mol. distilled and has adequate amounts of EPA/DHA. I don't have problems with "fish burps" or anything like that. Two pills daily--one in the AM and one in the PM. UPDATE: I saw in a later review that someone recommended taking omega 3-6-9 and suggested that those of us who don't "aren't doing our research." On the contrary, I have done a lot of reading on this and the scientific consensus seems to be we get plenty of omega 6 in our diet already; it is omega 3's that most of us are "deficient" in, causing all sorts of problems. So I know that taking an omega 3-6-9 is not necessary, or a good idea, even! Omega 6 is contained in vegetable oil which is pretty ubiquitous in the American diet; and we get enough omega 9 as well from olive and canola oils, so just stick with plain omega 3 supplements!

Popular Other Products