Omega 3 supplement

Omega 3 supplement
Omega 3 supplement Omega 3 supplement

on 5/17/2017 2:15:00 PM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

I wasn’t going to write a review until I was at least 3/4 months into taking this product but my god, as I was applying my make up this morning I realised how, dewy, hydrated and healthy my skin looks; I am only 4 weeks in so this is a very pleasant surprise.

I take the PerriconeMD’s Omega 3 product, and yes, it’s expensive but I have zero side effects, no fishy burps, I don’t have to freeze them neither do I have any horrible skin issues as a result. It is worth paying just that little bit more for such quality in my opinion.

I haven’t noticed any faster hair growth but I don’t expect that at this stage. But my hair is noticeably shiny, more manageable and softer, sometimes too soft really. I definitely don’t need to use as much conditioner anymore which is an added bonus. There’s a significant reduction in hair fall also.

One of the best reasons is I have so much more energy to do things. I have so much more focus and concentration and I can get a lot more done at work.

I realise this is a long term solution and will continue to repurchase based on these early good results.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Take your omega-3's ladies!

Here's the simplified synopsis: Your darling little bodies have fatty acids in the cell wall of each of your cells. Omega 3's are just one type of fatty acid. (Another type you've probably heard a lot about are Omega 6's.)

Omega 3 and Omega 6 compete for similar jobs in your body. Omega 3's can usually get the upper hand... if you eat enough of them.

And why would you want to do that? Wellllll... guess what happens when you have too many Omega 6's running around in there?

INFLAMMATION. (ewwwww.....)

Yup. Upping your Omega 3's and reducing your Omega 6's can positively impact ANY condition that has ties to inflammation.

That means we're talking about: eczema, psoriasis, acne, high cholesterol, heart disease, diabetes, Crohn's disease, asthma, hayfever, rheumatoid arthritis... the list goes on forever.

Are YOU getting enough Omega 3's? Probably not. Most Americans have 16 to 30 times MORE Omega 6's in their diets than Omega 3's. That's bad news.

The GOOD news is: you can fix it! You can INCREASE your Omega 3's through supplements and DECREASE your Omega 6's by refusing to eat anything cooked with a fat that is liquid at room temperature (ex: soybean oil, corn oil, olive oil, etc.).

Grapeseed oil, for example, has 696 times more Omega 6's than Omega 3's... so every time you put stuff like that in your mouth, you're creating excess inflammation throughout your body. Not a good idea.

Like all good things, you can overdo it - so DON'T take more than 3 grams (3000mg) of Omega 3's in a day.

If you're looking to balance yourself without supplements, you'd want to eat plenty of leafy greens, ground flax seed, fruits, beans, veggies, and the maximum allowable fish intake per week for your gender, age, and weight.

Remember it takes TIME for all the cell walls in your body to change out Omega 6's for Omega 3's. So be PATIENT. You should start seeing results within four weeks and will definitely see results 12 months after correcting your diet!

Happy eating!

on 6/16/2013 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I started taking this a few months ago for a variety of reasons, including better brain function and all the other goodies that this wonderpill does. I used it consistently and noticed a lot of improvements in my mood and energy levels.

I have never had acne and don't really break out from things. My whole life I got a small zit or two before my period and that was it. I could sleep in my makeup, wear stuff that broke everyone out, and treat my skin like dirt and it would be fine. Then mysteriously a few months ago my skin went berserk. I woke up one morning with more than 10 huge zits all over my face. I had my first cysts ever on my chin and forehead. I changed up my entire skincare routine, I tried everything, I went to a dermatologist, I started tretinoin, I stopped wearing foundation, NOTHING worked. I was so depressed. After changing out every single product I used on my skin and continuing to get horrible scarring acne, I was about ready to give up. I even stopped eating dairy with no help.

Finally after months of awful breakouts and acne, I tried cutting the fish oil. I finally stopped getting breakouts within a few days of stopping, and finally several weeks later I am mostly healed on my face. I have pitted scars on my forehead and dark purple scars on my chin, as well as stringy white scar tissue around my nose. I don't have sensitivities to much of anything. No special dietary needs, "weird food things," so this was really weird for me. I have been reading around and apparently fish oil has caused a lot of people to break out. I would go into these with caution.

on 6/4/2013 10:04:00 PM

Glad I only took it for a short time. I made my face super oily during the day, and I am starting to have a lot clog pores and small bumps all over my face. I will never try it again....

on 12/2/2011 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I think it is funny how people expect a supplement to work within a week. Let's get serious, in order for you to see or feel results you have to take the supplement daily and follow the dosage for a few months. I take Natures bounty fish oil 1000mg omega-3. The directions say to take 1 soft gel 3 times daily, preferably with a meal. Fish oil is awesome! It has helped me grow out my hair. My hair is healthier, stronger and LONG. I also take B-12 for hair growth. Everyone should take fish oil whether its for beauty or health purposes.

on 9/8/2011 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

feel very strongly about warning anyone else with oily acne prone skin that this us a definite no no! my skin was going well until I used this - within 2 days of use I completely broke out - along my chin and forehead big big time ! overnight really and as others have mentioned deep within the skin - seems more like sn allergic reaction - I've not used or had a different diet or amyyhmg - this oil was the only thing different - have actually noticed a fishy smell too to be honest and an unsettled stomach - so disappointed coz this was supposed to do the opposite to my skin - now I've gone 100 steps back !! hoping to clear it out of my system very soon and not feel disfigured for very long -

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This should be the number one beauty secret out there. While makeup can do a great deal for us, you can't beat Mother Nature and her offerings. I guess this is why my skin usually looks great. My mom had forced fed me these forever. I remember being 6 and forced to drink the Barlean's fruity liquid version. Then she changed that when I was 13, and starting giving them to me in the GNC gel pill form. I always asked why I had to drink these and she would always tell me: So you can stay a pretty and bright girl. Then she would later tell me that my dad's side has a history of cardiovascular problems, and these would help decrease my chances. I have stuck to using these ever since. They have never been absent from my medicine cabinet. As a result my I have a sharper memory than most (and have the grades to prove it lol), a lot of energy, super soft and even skin, great eye sight, and my hair grows nice and moisturized. Meaning I get no more "scab hair" when I try to stretch my relaxers. The benefits of these are way too much to put in one review. The biggest benefit, to me at least is, that I don't have to worry about eating fish often. I used to when I was younger, but now I barely have the time and the money to invest. Seafood can get expensive!

To those who don't like the pill version, there is a liquid version. In my opinion Barlean's makes the best ones. They have very delicious flavors. I used to take the kids version, and later on the smoothie flavored kinds. They're really good. I've become keen towards the gel ones because I can carry them around. I don't have to worry about spillage or missing any because I was afraid of spills. I love taking these with Country Life's Maxi Hair pills. These have a high concentration of B-12 vitamins. Since taking them both I no longer need a separate multi vitamin, and my periods hurt less. Before I was one of those girls whose periods hurt like $&^&! And it has helped with my depression. I've had it for years, but these help me feel better throughout the day. I recommend these to anybody. You've got nothing to lose, but a lot to gain as I and everyone reviewing these can tell you.

on 5/7/2011 10:06:00 AM

Tip for people who hate the burps: Sometimes the burps are less bothersome if you take the n-3 supplement before bed.

on 4/4/2011 6:05:00 PM

I've been taking fish oil since my 20's to help with arthritis. My nails aren't any great shakes, but my cholesterol level is pretty good, in spite of my needing to lose about 30 lbs.

However, my skin has always been good. And while I've been diligent about wearing sunscreen my entire life, and can count on one hand the number of times I've gone to bed without washing my face, two days before my 45th birthday, I got carded. I give at least partial credit to the fish oil.

I've been taking Webber Naturals omega 369 fish oil supplement for about a week. I started because I wanted help to control my acne (I have very mild acne). I recently read that omega 369 supplement can actually cause acne instead of prevent it and that it's best to just take omega 3. I stopped taking the omega 369 because I've been getting tiny pimples with little white heads on them (I NEVER get these). I bought Nature's Bounty to try which is JUST omega 3 fish oil so I'm hoping to see some improvement!