Omega 3 supplement

Omega 3 supplement Omega 3 supplement

on 1/17/2010 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Kinky, Medium

Hands down, marine omega-3 fish oil is good & necessary for health.

on 10/16/2009 1:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I started supplementing with Carlson's Finest Fish oil (liquid) 4 months ago. Within a month my combo/oily face became super oily. I thought it was my imagination but I stopped taking it for a few weeks and lo and behold my face went back to normal. Strange but true- fish oil (and flax/primrose) makes my skin VERY oily-which I am not interested in - more oil= more breakouts:(

I don't know how long the XL Sam's Club bottle has been in my house but i took these pills faithfully for two months in the summer. It might be my imagination and other factors, but my skin went back to its dull, acne-prone ways.. For me, these might have a placebo effect. I eat fish at least 3x/week but I'm hoping to see some better skin and hair in this upcoming month. I have to buy a new bottle very soon.

on 12/18/2008 7:30:00 PM

I take one of these twice a day, and it has really helped keep breakouts down to a minimum and my skin just looks much more glowy and even-toned. I stopped using them for a short time when I ran out and I could tell a major difference in my skin, so I started taking them again. I buy the Nature Made brand, and I have not had any problems with fish burps (as I have had with some other brands). Overall, I'm very pleased and will continue to use daily.

on 12/7/2008 11:00:00 PM

I love Omega 3 Fish Oil... Although the pills are fairly big, even if it's gel-form, I take it not only for beauty reasons, but health as well. I need to start taking them twice a day since I snagged a bunch on clearance at Target. :)

on 11/5/2008 8:36:00 AM

any other acne prone ladies out there feel that omega 3 capsules make their acne worse or just me?maybe ill give them another shot....

on 7/22/2008 7:31:00 PM

I take either an Omega 3 fish oil, or plant oil blend (which contains fatty acids that convert to omega 3), I used to have dry skin on the body - borderline dermatitis like, and chronic peeling lips. After supplementing for several months, the most significant difference was the end of the peeling lips, and the skin on my body does not dry out as much. If your body has been deprived of omega 3 then its true effects will not show on the skin, omega3 will be used internally to repair or heal other organs and to enhance other bodily processes.

I do think it is best to take enteric coated capsules for fish oil, as it has to be assimilated in the intestines. But as for plant oils it is best to take them sublingually - if you can tolerate it!

Modern diets do not contain many omega 3s or GLAs, ALAs etc, there is a lot of omega 6-9 from eating dairy, egg, meat products so it is not necessary to supplement a 3-6-9 blend. Omega 3s are delicate and cooking and processing destroys most of these fatty acids, so definitely supplement if you want to optimise skin regeneration.

on 2/22/2008 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

One word: MIRACLE. My skin is horrible: always feels dirty/greasy in only a few hours after washing, oily, shiny, and acne prone. I can no longer say this about my skin. After working for hours the second day after using fish oil, my skin was not shiny at all and still felt clean. I couldn't believe it but it's only been a few days and it's still working for me. My hair has been soft and it usually gets greasy as well throughout the day but not anymore! I am so happy that my sister told me about this. She started taking fish oil because she is pregnant and read an article about it helping the baby's IQ. Her friends had noticed a huge difference in her hair and skin and she recommended it to me because we have similar hair and skin types. LOVE IT! Of course, may not work on everyone but it's worth a shot. I got the smaller package for only $6 , buy one get one free. Next time I'm going to purchase the bigger pack!

I've been using Omega 3 for three weeks. Im taking Nature Made and the results has been really good especially for my skin (i take 4 times a day). The pores on my nose appear smaller and my skin smoother. I use to take birth control pills which made my skin really bad with huge acne on my cheeks and chin which became painful. I got off the pills and after two weeks my acne hadn't healed yet. So I started taking these and my face is clear. I have a nice glow and I love it! I havent notice anything dramatic with my hair and nails yet but I will definitely update after a couple months on that.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

my sister -in-law is a registered dietician and knows about vitamins. she also recommends taking borage-flax-fish oils. borage oil is filtered before becoming a capsule. it is anti inflamatory and diabetics use it. gamma linolenic acid in borage oil is more important versus fish oil. fish oil can cause rashes. my vitamins comes from eckerds.

Popular Other Products