Omega 3 supplement

4.3

on 6/16/2013 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I started taking this a few months ago for a variety of reasons, including better brain function and all the other goodies that this wonderpill does. I used it consistently and noticed a lot of improvements in my mood and energy levels.

I have never had acne and don't really break out from things. My whole life I got a small zit or two before my period and that was it. I could sleep in my makeup, wear stuff that broke everyone out, and treat my skin like dirt and it would be fine. Then mysteriously a few months ago my skin went berserk. I woke up one morning with more than 10 huge zits all over my face. I had my first cysts ever on my chin and forehead. I changed up my entire skincare routine, I tried everything, I went to a dermatologist, I started tretinoin, I stopped wearing foundation, NOTHING worked. I was so depressed. After changing out every single product I used on my skin and continuing to get horrible scarring acne, I was about ready to give up. I even stopped eating dairy with no help.

Finally after months of awful breakouts and acne, I tried cutting the fish oil. I finally stopped getting breakouts within a few days of stopping, and finally several weeks later I am mostly healed on my face. I have pitted scars on my forehead and dark purple scars on my chin, as well as stringy white scar tissue around my nose. I don't have sensitivities to much of anything. No special dietary needs, "weird food things," so this was really weird for me. I have been reading around and apparently fish oil has caused a lot of people to break out. I would go into these with caution.

on 12/29/2011 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

There are so many health benefits, there is no reason why anyone should not give Omega 3 Fish Oil a try. Too many benefits for me to post all of them in this review. It's a relatively easy and inexpensive way to improve your health

I take the Vitacost brand Mega EFA Mini Gel Omega-3 EPA & DHA Fish Oil. I have a hard time swallowing large pills and most fish oils capsules are huge. 1 serving is supposed to be 4 capsules, but I take 6 daily. Besides being small, this brand has a high DHA ratio compared to other brands. High DHA is important to me since it seems to have the most benefits.

This supplement is def cumulative and it took about 2-3 months for me to start to feel physical improvement. Surprisingly when I went away last Oct and didn't take them for a week, I could have sworn I felt a decline. This could be mental, but I felt it in my joints upon my return.

The only con for me is that I have to keep them in the freezer and take them with food to avoid fish burps.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love the way my skin feels when I take Omega 3. A+

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I consider fish oil a beauty staple. I prefer to get nutrients from whole foods, but this is a great addition to food given that I can't afford wild caught fish as frequently as I'd like. In general when I consume a lot of essential fatty acids my dry hair looks better and my sensitive scalp is somewhat soothed. I also notice that my oily skin is a bit more balanced, and as this happens, I break out less. I do want to mention that this only happens when I consume both omega-3 and omega-6 fats, whereas a big imbalance in either direction can make matters worse. I eat hemp seeds and/or oil to help with this because they have a decent amount of omega 6, including GLA (the anti-inflammatory kind). I've also taken evening primrose for their GLA. But as long as I keep the two types of fatty acids in balance, my skin and hair looks incredibly healthy and oil/moisture is balanced.

on 10/16/2009 1:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I started supplementing with Carlson's Finest Fish oil (liquid) 4 months ago. Within a month my combo/oily face became super oily. I thought it was my imagination but I stopped taking it for a few weeks and lo and behold my face went back to normal. Strange but true- fish oil (and flax/primrose) makes my skin VERY oily-which I am not interested in - more oil= more breakouts:(

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

(Cross-posted here cuz this is basically just wild fish oil, with a coupla extra ingredients).
For Genuine Health o3mega+ glow (Genuine Health is rated among the highest brands for the quality of their oil, safety standards, etc: http://www.genuinehealth.com/o3mega-research)

I heard about them on the awesome Gala Darling's site when she was asked to cite some secrets to her good skin. I always trust what she puts on the site so I decided to go & buy them next time I was in Canada.
UPDATE: My dark circles (not hereditary) have up & left!
I have been pulling a lot of late nights & my sleep cycle's all messed up (jet lag, unpacking, stress), so I didn't expect "radiant" to be a good word for moi right now. But it is :)
Miracle product!
ORIGINAL:
Was gonna wait 4 weeks to review this, but I'm so happy with this after 2 weeks I might as well go ahead.
BTW, don't bother spending money on this stuff if you have no plans to reduce your intake of saturated fat. The reason is that both the good & the bad fats compete for absorption. End result would be minimal if you don't health-ify your diet.
If you want detailed info into WHY this product works you can see this link
I always research stuff like this before buying, and I was satisfied with this company. If you're wondering, why not just eat fish? It's cuz the kind that's usually available contains heavy metals/pollutants. The stuff in this has been FILTERED (molecular distillation) to remove the bad stuff.
Anyway I've been taking 4 a day as it says on the bottle. And btw this whole past week I've been super stressed & busy since I just moved to a new country. (That's why I bought this stuff). My skin is so so so perfect. Normally I'd expect acne with stress. I've also been taking Stress Formula tablets by Nature's Sunshine, so that might contribute.
"Results you can expect with o3mega+ glow include:
Increased moisture, firmness and tone (yep!!!!)
Reduced appearance of fine lines and wrinkles (don't have any yet..)
Extra protection against harmful UV sun rays (really? great!)
Naturally glowing, radiant skin (yepppp)"
It's really expensive, in my opinion: $22 for 60 capsules. :'( But yeah, ppl spend more on external skincare, and according to Paula whatsherface, that doesn't always work. Why not spend on stuff that works, right?
Active ingredients include fish oil, rosemary extract, EPA, vit E, lycophene, vit C, bilberry extract, and 0.25 mg zinc. You can google any of these, to see the research done on health-giving or skin benefits.

on 10/29/2007 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I began using this product two months ago. I purchased a Walgreens brand Omega 3 fish oil coated type (no fishy burps!) and began with consuming one a day and then moved on to the recommended dose of two/day after a week.

IT IS A MIRACLE!!!!!!!!

I have good hands but my nails NEVER used to grow properly (the index and middle finger nails especially...even with nail hardener, they'd eventually start flaking and then chipping off)...I've now got strong hard nails that grow BEAUTIFULLY....I've already been getting compliments on my hands its only been a month and a half. I have also noticed that my hair is growing MUCH faster and seems to retain a nice sheen to it. I can't believe the changes I've seen in such a short period of time. My skin (naturally oily) may have had a bit more sheen to it the first week or two, however as its getting colder and drier outside anyway, I haven't noticed anything significant.

The only downside to this product thus far is that I've got to go for haircuts and shave my legs far more often but its definately worth it. I'm completely amazed at how wonderful this supplement is!!!

The only factor I'd change is that I would next time by a more expensive pill if it was somehow assured to be mercury free as this toxin can build in your system and cause problems later in life.

on 9/26/2007 7:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been taking Omega 3 (from 3 sources -- fish, flax and borage) for ages, in order to take better care of my heart. I cannot say as though I've ever noticed any physical difference with any of them, however. But I did want to post because I've read that many are complaining of "fish burps" (hee hee) and I know how to prevent this, thanks to my doctor. Are you ready? KEEP THEM IN THE FREEZER! No fish burps. Works like a charm.

on 9/25/2007 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I take the Jamieson brand of omega 3 supplements - specifically the ones high in DHA (versus EPA) marketed for 'brain health' because my naturopath prescribed them. I was buying the Nordic Naturals rasberry essence brand but Jamieson provides a more affordable/accessable option for me. The one difference I did notice was that my nails stopped flaking/breaking off. My skin is slightly better and I've never had anything fishy as a result any high DHA omega 3's.

on 7/21/2007 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I take 3000-6000mg of combined DHA & EPA Omega Fish oil daily, my hair & skin have never looked better. I know that seems like a huge amount, but it was doctor recommended in my case. I buy some brand at Walmart with MEG 3 on the packaging...