Omega 3 supplement

Omega 3 supplement
Omega 3 supplement Omega 3 supplement

4.4

on 6/4/2013 10:04:00 PM

Glad I only took it for a short time. I made my face super oily during the day, and I am starting to have a lot clog pores and small bumps all over my face. I will never try it again....

on 12/18/2008 7:30:00 PM

I take one of these twice a day, and it has really helped keep breakouts down to a minimum and my skin just looks much more glowy and even-toned. I stopped using them for a short time when I ran out and I could tell a major difference in my skin, so I started taking them again. I buy the Nature Made brand, and I have not had any problems with fish burps (as I have had with some other brands). Overall, I'm very pleased and will continue to use daily.

I've been taking Omega 3 pills for 4 months now and i'm so glad i did! My nails are stronger, leess brittle and so is my hair. Skin's more supple too!

well i cant make a hundred percent claim for beauty benefits yet (my hair is a bit on the oily side and a couple of zits i dont usually get have popped up, but nothing dramatic, I think my body is just adjusting still), but anyone saying its a placebo effect for period cramps is wrong. I didn't even KNOW that was one of the possible side effects until I noticed for the first time in 10 years I had no cramps, and trust me they're usually doozies. So i thought weird, maybe I should google if there's a link...and turns out there might be! So im telling you there is, I havent changed anything else exercise or diet wise at all!! If thats not it, this is the world's weirdest coincidence. Will update if my hair and skin calms down a bit although I am using a new shampoo that might be wats doing it anyway. In the meantime my liver and stomach will be happy for every less ibuprofen I pop every month!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I take Costco Brand 1000 mg. Fish Oil capsules... 3000mgs daily... with my largest meal of the day (usually dinner). By taking with food, this alleviates the 'fish bleches.. I have been doing this and recommending this to family and friends for years! Fish oil is an anti-inflamatory for the body.... it helps with arthritis pain, acne, migraines, and overall well being. If you want to feel great.. and look luminous... this is the way to go. I am almost 44 and have NO wrinkles or dull skin.......But what's better is I have little to no peri-menopausal symptoms ...My long-standing PMS is basically non-existent with the exception of a salt craving the day before and ... a little cramping. My lab reports are all spot on and I really do attribute it to fish oil. A diet rich in fruits, veggies and lean protein and little to no junk food helps too. My incredibly wise mother always told me to nourish my body with the good stuff and plently of sleep & H2O;;;;; this is the secret to true beauty.

on 3/14/2008 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

So many benefits to using this product. I have been taking 2000mg a day of Omega 3 for 7 months now. I have found it's made my nails stronger, reduced dryness, and my hair strands are thicker and it grows faster (it's taking a little longer to dry my hair). My skin is very oily and acne prone & my acne breakouts have reduced and my skin looks a bit more glowy.

I have found it's great for moodiness as well and works well for depression. If you have high cholesterol, it works to reduce your LDL cholesterol levels. I have heard of people who have used this as managed to lose a little weight (I don't think it's done anything for me in this area but your results may vary)

Bottom line is that it's great for your well being and body overall. I buy the large bottles from Wal-mart & they work just as well as the name brands. You really have nothing to lose when trying this.

I am going to try adding Evening Primrose Oil to my vitamin regimen as well (this contains Omega 6) and see if I get addtional benefit...............stay tuned!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I feel I need to weigh in here, given the fact that these have altered my life so dramatically. I am 50 years old, chugging through the last stages of perimenopause, and most significantly, I have severe arthritis in both knees. So severe in fact, I was considering getting a handicap placard for my car.

Rewind the tape to November 2006, when I was in a health food store, and asked the woman on duty what I could do for my severe perimenopause mood swings. She turned me onto Nordic Naturals Omegas 3,6,9. They worked!

Long story short: within a month, my arthritis pain was greatly diminished to the point I rarely needed pain killers -- and I had been popping handfuls a day, followed by a Maalox chaser.

As I resumed exercise, I found that I had breakthrough pain, and learned that it was the EPA in fish oil that was the anti-inflmmatory. So, I bought the high EPA fish oil from then on.

In addition to the reduction in pain, my hair is thicker and shinier, my nails are stronger and shinier, and no one -- NO ONE believes I am 50. I actually had to tell someone to touch my face, because she was sure I was wearing foundation when I wasn't. The fine lines under my eyes are GONE. That leaves me to believe that someone with oily, acne-prone skin might break out.

There is evidence that fish oil can help with heart health, skin health, eye health, colo-rectal health, and mental health -- especially depression. There is clinical proof it can mitigate some of the symptoms of autoimmune diseases. (See the Maroon and Bost book on Fish Oil)

Buy the kind with lemon oil added and store in the fridge for less fish-belching. Give it at least three months before you reject it.

Side effects can be rugged. Fish oil can make GERD worse, and can make you bruise easily. In my case, my blood has thinned, which is good for my heart, but bad for clotting. Cuts bleed longer than usual.

I prefer Nordic Naturals and GNC Ultra -- hence my "3"'s, in the rating. Those scores depend on the brand you buy. Don't buy cheap.

on 10/3/2007 1:51:00 PM

Unfortunately, I too had not so much luck with the fish oil. Started taking them over a month ago and within two weeks I started to get deep pimples on my chin and nose which is not typical for me. I even took extra measure to buy the pure Omega 3 from Nordic Naturals. Gonna have to scrap the oil idea. The lesson learned?....Don't get hopes up to high just because a product has glowing reviews and if you are acne prone? This may not be the answer. Back to the drawing board I guess :-(

on 9/25/2007 4:04:00 PM

Omega-3--Natural Factors--I have been taking this for over a month now. I do get "fish burps". However, it doesn't bother me. I only get them when I do not take the supplement with food. My hair has gotten VERY shiney, and I am always getting compliments on it's color and texture. My nails are looking GrrrrREAT. I also started taking a multi-vitamin for women at the same time, so it could be a combination of the two. Originally, my hair was shedding profusely and my nails looked bad, my skin was erratic (and still kinda is due to hormonal imbalances). However, I do think that the fish oils and the vitamins have helped me. I have taken them consistently and missed maybe a couple doses in the past month. I noticed less hair shedding about 10 days after beginning the 2. *The Natural Factors brand recommends 1 pill 2X a day taken with a meal. If I eat salmon for a meal, I only take one pill. I have had NO oily skin, NO oily hair--if anything, this has been a miracle for me.

on 9/24/2007 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I had acne before and I was able to clear up my skin with benzoyl peroxide. My skin remained clear for almost a year. Then my acne came back during my previous quarter of school.

My forehead was super oily and red from the acne. I had it worse on the sides of my temples. I tried many things including Alpha Hydroxy Souffle 12%, it didn't help me (although I'm glad it helps others).

I read good reviews on this product and decided to take them. I use Nature Made Fish Oil Pills, and take 2 capsules everyday. I've been taking them for close to 3 months and I have noticed a big difference. There's a lot less oil and pretty much all my acne disappeared on my forehead. However there's still some remaining on my temples. I have to see if they will go away.

It took me close to 3 months to see results. Don't expect it to be a quick fix. It's worth it though!

Popular Other Products