Omega 3 supplement

Omega 3 supplement
Omega 3 supplement Omega 3 supplement

4.3

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't think I'll ever be able to go without these pills again! Before I took them I had a really hard time growing out my nails. They were prone to splitting and snagging when they reached a certain length, but now my nails are extremely long and healthy and don't bend on light pressure. I have significantly less pimples and better skin everywhere on my body. My hair is noticeably thicker and shinier as well. When I stopped taking them for a week my pimples came back and some hair fell out...guess I gotta keep taking them.

on 12/24/2007 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

These didn't do anything for me other than make my hair greasy. I might try another brand, due to all the glowing reviews, but right now, I'm not happy. UPDATE: After trying out a new brand from my health food store, I've actually noticed a big improvement, just during the past week. My skin looks amazing, and my nails are beautiful. I also have noticed a great improvement with my mood, my attention span is better, and I feel all around happier. These are beauty pills! :) I keep mine in the freezer, otherwise the fish burps get me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to take fish oil pills for the mood-stabilizing effect. Which I thought was negligible, but you really have to have a lot of high-concentrate, good quality product, according to my Googling skills. I never saw any effect on my hair, skin, nails. I DID notice a gigantic libido uptick, temporarily. Then I read on a cancer patients' message-board that Fish Oil Pills are sometimes used to counter the libido-killing side effects of cancer treatment meds and chemotherapy. The upshot is: I'm wondering if you're all just mood-stabilized and twitter-pated. ;) Just kidding. I'm really glad it works for people, even if it doesn't work for me. You can't argue with results.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

After reading the reviews on this I was so excited about taking these! Well after a few days I noticed some bumps under my skin and they turned into HUGE cystic acne zits. They were painful to touch and impossible to get rid of. I immediately stopped the pills and within a week my skin was back clear!

on 9/23/2007 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been taking Nordic Natural's The ultimate Omega for almost a month now, but I haven't seen very significant results like I've read. I'm giving it a couple more months to see the difference. But I'm confused as to which one to buy...there are so many of them out there. I'm now starting on the Vitamin Shoppe Mega Fish oil EPA-DHA (since yesterday)...does anyone else use this brand? Are these Omega 3 capsules...or is it a concentration of 3-6-9...does anyone know? I'm not sure what keywords to look for when buying these.

on 7/30/2007 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I tried Omega 3 Fish capsules a couple of years ago, after reading many articles about the health benefits, but I couldn't stand the smell of them so I stopped before I noticed any changes. A couple of months ago I found out they make a new coated type that doesn't dissolve until it gets past your stomach, so I decided to search those out. I found Spring Valley Purified Fish Oil Omega 3 Enteric Coated capsules, plus they were BOGOF at CVS so I bought a couple of bottles. I take 3 or 4 of them a day (1000 mg each), and after six weeks, I've gotten many complements on my skin. It looked better to me, but I didn't think it was that noticeable until other people started to mention it. There is no fishy taste or scent; in fact, these actually smell like vanilla, believe it or not. They're pretty huge pills though. I have not noticed any difference in my hair or nails however, but it hasn't even been 2 months yet, so it's a bit premature to comment on that. For less than ten bucks, these pills are a great deal. I noticed some people have tried to put the oil directly on their skin, topically, but I doubt I could handle the smell of that even for a short period.

on 6/27/2007 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Fish oil made a huge difference in my complexion. It's and anti-inflammatory and does just that. My skin is smoother and has a #glow#. I'm less oily and crabby too.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I use the GNC Multi-Oil pills after trying various cheaper generic alternatives. The straight fish oil caps gave me a terrible aftertaste even after freezing them - they do thaw, it just delays the aftereffects.

It seems really odd to me that taking an oil supplement would help with breakouts and oiliness, but it does. This is that very rare product that makes a noticeable difference in my skin. I don't even have "problem" skin, but I inevitably break out if I run out of this.

on 6/12/2007 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Interesting! I did not know fish oil pills being reviewed here. I wrote this for my mom and grandma. I buy plenty of finish oil pills for both of them every year! Both of them like it a lot. My grandma said she feels she is healthier physically (She is 83 this year, I guess it is hard to notice differences for the skin, hair and nails), she said she doesn't get cold easily compared with otherwise. My mom said her skin looks smoother when taking these pills... I never know young people can take these pills too...well I will give it a shot then..

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I truly believe that fish oil pills make a difference in your health and skin. I have been taking them for quite a while, and my favorite brands as posted below is nordic, but for a cheap alternative, trader joe's sells some good ones. My eye doctor recommended them to me to help my eyes gain more lubrication naturally and they worked. It also improved the texture of my skin. Its better to take them whie you eat something so you don't get that fishy aftertaste or burps, lol.

Popular Other Products