Omega 3 supplement

Omega 3 supplement Omega 3 supplement

3.6

on 10/11/2015 6:59:00 PM

Hey girls!
A little bit about my skin:
I'm almost 21, and though I had not too awful acne during my teens, my lower half of my face went i n s a n e when I turned 20. (My chin had breakouts, my jawline as well) It's to the point where my upper half is perfectly fine but the lower half of my face is insanely red (due to pimples)
Anyhow! I've tried a lot of topical gels/creams, but they honestly didn't work. I didn't know what the cause was, and frankly, I still don't know what's causing this, but I did find a way to help it out: Omega 3 supplements.
A month or two ago, I was on makeupalley just reading reviews of random stuff and a little missy mentioned Omega 3. I started googling & understanding why my pimples were so darn red. The lady who commented before me explains very well why we need Omega 3.
I started taking the supplement about 3 weeks ago, and in the past week, I've noticed how less red my acne spots are! My mom is always aware of how haywire my skin is, and she's commented multiple times how much my skin looks better. I know at first I was very nervous in taking these supplements, because some peoples skins are insane after taking these, and others see a positive impact. Personal opinion of mine: try it out. It's okay if your skin doesn't agree with it; at least you'll know that you tried a new solution. You'll take care of your skin, and eventually the pimples from the omega 3 oil will leave.
Good luck ladies!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Dear everybody,
hey....okay i dont know for sure but i think fish oil might be the reason ive constantly kept losing my hair for the past 3 years. i had full density before. crapp. look i dont know for SURE if its causing it but its probable because of the high mercury and toxins in fish oil. ummm...i really dont know what to do. cuz i just realized that i didnt have any problems until i added fish oil. i cant believe it took me so long to realize this. im so angry. im going to do a further investigation and i promise ill get back to you guys.

also, please dont let my review stop u from taking fish oil. omega 3 is wonderful and your body absolutely needs it. please just be careful okay? be wary of anything out of the ordinary.

will get back to you in a week or so. take care <3

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love the way my skin feels when I take Omega 3. A+

I've been taking Webber Naturals omega 369 fish oil supplement for about a week. I started because I wanted help to control my acne (I have very mild acne). I recently read that omega 369 supplement can actually cause acne instead of prevent it and that it's best to just take omega 3. I stopped taking the omega 369 because I've been getting tiny pimples with little white heads on them (I NEVER get these). I bought Nature's Bounty to try which is JUST omega 3 fish oil so I'm hoping to see some improvement!

I have heard only good things about omega fish oil, such as that it help prevent cardiovascular disease, cancer, strokes, arthritis, Alzheimer's, respiratory & neurological disorders including bipolar & depression, as well as well as promote younger-looking skin and glossier hair, so I was happy when my mom started buying the oil pills. I'm young, so I'm not sure how beneficial it is when it comes to preventing diseases and making me look good, but it's worth a shot. I mean, it's relatively cheap compared to most of the high-end cosmetics that I have to buy with my own money. I have noticed that my skin's been looking more radiant, and that my hair's been falling out less, but that could also be because I've been getting more sleep lately.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I tried to make this review easier to read by using bullet points and double spacing, but the MUA just smooshed it all together, sorry about that.

Let's talk about Fish Oil...

-Cool Benefit #1 -Fat Loss

-One study done by the Nutritional Physiology Research Group in Australia showed that omega-3 enriched fish oil combined with exercise provides significantly greater fat loss benefits than exercise or fish oil alone. And this study was performed on real live fat people, not chubby rats.

-Omega-3s can increase insulin sensitivity, which leads to less fat storage and more fat release. Omega-3s also increase the heat of your cellular "furnaces," making these little organelles burn up more energy. Not only that, omega-3s allow the body to burn fat at times when fat burning is normally inhibited, like after a carby meal.

-Cool Benefit #2 -Overall Health and Longevity

-So let's start with the big stuff: heart disease and cancer. These population thinners, in one form or another, wipe out about 50% of us.

-Omega-3 fatty acids make the blood less likely to form clots that cause heart attacks. They can also protect against irregular heartbeats that cause sudden cardiac death. Omega-3s can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease through these mechanisms too: decreased triglyceride levels, decreased growth of atherosclerotic plaque, improved arterial health, and lower blood pressure.

-Additionally, omega-3s might be able to zap existing cancer cells by starving them of linoleic acid. They can also upregulate the genetic material necessary for the destruction of cancer cells andblock adhesion of cancer cells to other healthy cells.

-CLA may also be important here. In animal studies, CLA seemed to literally erase certain types of tumors. In human studies, subjects using CLA showed a marked decrease in triglyceride levels and a significant drop in fasting blood sugar levels. CLA may also bind to receptors the same way as some anti-diabetes drugs. It's even been shown to reduce arterial plaques by 30 percent.

-Cool Benefit #3 -Mental Health & Brain Health

-Some recent research has shown that taking a daily fatty acid supplement may boost the effectiveness (or even replace) antidepressants in some people. Depressed people who added omega-3s to their treatment showed less anxiety, fewer sleeping problems, less overall sadness, and fewer sexual problems.

-Even for non-depressed people, it may offer mood elevating properties.

-Other research has shown that a daily dose can dramatically improve the behavior of unruly children and help develop their concentration and language skills.

-Has been shown to reduce tension and stress in adults.

-The "mood stabilizing" effects have such potential that omega-3s have been used in the treatment of bipolar disorder.

-May help improve memory.

-May also help in the treatment of Alzheimer's, ADHD, and autism.

-Researchers in Scotland have found that people who take FFA score 13% higher on IQ tests.

-Cool Benefit #4 -Miscellaneous Grab Bag O' Goodness

-Since asthma, like heart disease, is also a disease characterized by inflammation, functional fatty acids could help.

-May help improve digestion and elimination.

-May help increase sex drive.

-Omega-3s in fish oil protect the eye from two serious eye diseases: age-related macular degeneration and dry-eye syndrome.

-May help boost the immune system.

-Supplements were found to protect the skin from harmful UV rays and reduce sunburn.

-May improve texture of skin, hair and nails.

-Has been shown to do the dishes without complaining and save you a bunch of money on your car insurance.

-Yeah, I made that last one up.

I wanted to love these, as I know they are supposed to be good for skin, heart health, brain health, etc. etc. I thought they were working fine until I noticed increased breakouts along my chin. I even had some cystic acne develop. I never linked these breakouts with the fish oil until reading other reviews. When I stopped the fish oil, things quickly improved. I will not take these again.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Fish Oil is bad. It causes pimples on my calves. And makes me burb. Breath stinks too. My cat is always in my face trying to give me kisses but that grosses out my boyfriend so I'm gonna stop taking them.
As far as skin, nails and hair goes I still prefer everything that's fake. Thanks.

I've been taking Omega 3 pills for 4 months now and i'm so glad i did! My nails are stronger, leess brittle and so is my hair. Skin's more supple too!

on 11/16/2008 10:50:00 PM

OMG!! This is the Best thing EVER! I've been taking Omega 3 Fish Oil Pills for over a year. Before that i used to have such dry hair and brittle nails but not anymore. My face is radiant, my hair is fabulous and my nails are amazing. I will continue to take these for life!

Popular Other Products