Omega 3 supplement

Omega 3 supplement
Omega 3 supplement Omega 3 supplement

3.6

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Take your omega-3's ladies!

Here's the simplified synopsis: Your darling little bodies have fatty acids in the cell wall of each of your cells. Omega 3's are just one type of fatty acid. (Another type you've probably heard a lot about are Omega 6's.)

Omega 3 and Omega 6 compete for similar jobs in your body. Omega 3's can usually get the upper hand... if you eat enough of them.

And why would you want to do that? Wellllll... guess what happens when you have too many Omega 6's running around in there?

INFLAMMATION. (ewwwww.....)

Yup. Upping your Omega 3's and reducing your Omega 6's can positively impact ANY condition that has ties to inflammation.

That means we're talking about: eczema, psoriasis, acne, high cholesterol, heart disease, diabetes, Crohn's disease, asthma, hayfever, rheumatoid arthritis... the list goes on forever.

Are YOU getting enough Omega 3's? Probably not. Most Americans have 16 to 30 times MORE Omega 6's in their diets than Omega 3's. That's bad news.

The GOOD news is: you can fix it! You can INCREASE your Omega 3's through supplements and DECREASE your Omega 6's by refusing to eat anything cooked with a fat that is liquid at room temperature (ex: soybean oil, corn oil, olive oil, etc.).

Grapeseed oil, for example, has 696 times more Omega 6's than Omega 3's... so every time you put stuff like that in your mouth, you're creating excess inflammation throughout your body. Not a good idea.

Like all good things, you can overdo it - so DON'T take more than 3 grams (3000mg) of Omega 3's in a day.

If you're looking to balance yourself without supplements, you'd want to eat plenty of leafy greens, ground flax seed, fruits, beans, veggies, and the maximum allowable fish intake per week for your gender, age, and weight.

Remember it takes TIME for all the cell walls in your body to change out Omega 6's for Omega 3's. So be PATIENT. You should start seeing results within four weeks and will definitely see results 12 months after correcting your diet!

Happy eating!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Why don't people waste money on delicious fish? A nice tuna steak and salmon fillet instead of a little pill. There is some research to say that nutrients or vitamins do not work optimally in an isolated state - like when put into a pill.

on 12/11/2007 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm currently using Spring Valley's Fish, Flax, Borage Oil softgels. The bottle states: contains Omega 3, 6, 9. I buy these at WalMart. It's essential to get all three 3, 6, 9 omega's in your diet, not just omega 3. Since using this about 3 months ago, I have noticed significant difference in my overall health, especially energy. It has caused my hair to become more oily, and don't consider that any major problem. It has also brought back "some" oil into my dry perimenopausal skin.

Like with most supplements, I don't care for the taste ( I can't swallow pills ) and leaves a less than desirable after taste. That was the same with the regular fish supplements, except there was more burping. I also use Spring Valley's CO-Q10 supplements and WalMart's Womans Essential Daily vitamins. Still, you can't live on McDonald hamburgers and expect a supplement to be the cure all. Healthy eating is first and foremost!

Update: Since my review, I have noticed some people expect this to be the "cure-all" for various health issues. Give me a break. That's not going to happen. You can't rely solely on a supplement/vitamin to replace a prescription or poor eating habits ( probally both ). Hence, my comment about McDonald hamburgers.

I experience solar keratosis and my supplements ( listed above ) have aided in clearing some of that. Still, I have to use sunscreen, eat right and get proper rest/sleep. If, my keratosis were to get worse, I would have to rely on a prescription, not a supplement. I would hope that the negative reviews, aren't judging the positive one's. I feel, we are only relating our experience, and not promoting a "miracle" product.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Gave me horrible, sore, non-surfacing, red, cystic acne like I have never experienced before. I thought it may have been my typical pre-menstrual stuff, then I made the fish oil connection when I realized that that was the difference this month. I am stopping these pills immediately. It truly made it look like someone hit my head with a baseball bat in one spot. I have never had skin this oily- I felt like a before oicture for ProActiv. The only positive aspects were that my nails did grow fast, but it made my hair overly-oily as well. Omega 3 is not for me. =(

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ok the fish oil i got said take 2, 3 times a day, 6 tablets a day! and there were no obvious results, yes my skin and hair went like and oil slick and i broke out, but i mean no good effects! Eeew and they said they were odouless but have you smelled them, its not like fish but its gross
DONT waste your money

on 7/6/2007 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have been taking 3-6-9 fish oil capsules for a couple of years now, partially for my osteoarthritis, but have noticed a positive difference in my hair and nails and skin, nice bonus!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

The taste/ smell of these don't bother me. I use Vitamin Shoppe Brand and recently noticed that if I don't take these every day, I break out a lot more and each aspect of my combo skin is worse-- more dry/ flaky, more oily. Fish oil is very good anti-inflammatory medication. When I remember to take these my skin looks so much better.