Omega 3 supplement

Omega 3 supplement
Omega 3 supplement Omega 3 supplement

4.7

on 3/25/2008 1:41:00 PM

I have been on Omega 3 supplements for several years, and have seen a HUGE difference, not in my cholesterol levels (which are still borderline-high) but in my triglyceride levels. They've gone from 300 something down to 180, which made both me and my doctor very happy.

As for the skin/hair benefits, I haven't been off Omega 3's since I was a lot younger, so I can't tell if that's been affected or not. I also have rheumatoid arthritis, and I HAVE noticed a bit of an anti-inflammatory effect from the Omega 3's in that I've been able to lower my dosage of arthritis meds.

I am probably going to add the red rice/yeast extract to try to bump my cholesterol levels down next.

Overall, I'd say it's probably effective for certain specific conditions, but it's for sure not a cure-all.

on 2/5/2008 6:40:00 PM

Fyi- I was looking up the ingredients in Borage Oil and it should be (Herbicide and Pesticide-Free). Herbcide can cause rashes.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbicide#Health_effects

"Some herbicides can cause a variety of health effects ranging from skin rashes to death. The pathway of attack can arise from intentional or unintentional direct consumption of the herbicide , improper application resulting in the herbicide coming into direct contact with people or wildlife, inhalation of aerial sprays, or food consumption prior to the labeled pre-harvest interval."

I hope this helps someone who is experiencing rashes from taking Omega pills.

on 10/9/2007 6:32:00 PM

So far it's suppressing my appetite! Not effect (it's early yet though) on hair, nails, skin. I started taking this (1 pill, 2 times a day) almost 2 weeks ago. Careful, an overdose of this stuff can cause stomach bleeding.

Editing--ugh, it's now suppressing my appetite to the point where food makes me nauseous. I'll be cutting my dosage to see if it helps.

I think this is my first review. I felt that I needed to post this because it has worked so well for me.

I'm 45 years old x-sunworshiper. I have combo skin on my face and dry skin on my legs and arms.

I've been taking the fish oil pills for a about a month now, and the difference is incredible. I can actually get a shower and get dressed without applying a body moisturizer - something I would NEVER do before.

My skin is glowing and so soft. No more scalely legs. I wish I would have known this beauty tip years ago. It would have saved me a ton of money on lotions!

Sorry it doesn't work for some people, but everybody is different right?

LOVE this sight!!!!!!

UPDATE: My hair got a little greasy, which by the way is amazing, because it was strawlike before. The new hair coming in is very healthy. Don't need as much conditioner as before either. And.... I've cut back to one pill a day. I fluctuate between Omega Fish and a Flaxseed/Omega combo. Less pills, less moisturizer, less conditoner, better skin and hair? What's not like?

on 9/10/2007 7:58:00 AM

In the winter I get really super dry itchy skin. I started taking these as a way to control my cholesterol. Little did I know that it would make such an improved statement when it came to my skin. My face is radiant and I don't have the issues with dry skin that I used to. People that I haven't seen for a long time have been coming up to me and asking what I have been doing differently. The only thing I can think of, is taking these pills. If you want radiant glowing skin, start taking these. You will not see results overnight but after a few months you will look in the mirror and ask where your former dull skinned self went.

on 8/30/2007 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

who woulda thunk!? i bought a bottle of orange flavored omega-3 fish oil from my local health food store ($13 for 60 pills of their brand) and i am hooked! not only is fish oil good for your insides, its good for emotional health and skin/hair/nails!! for about 6 weeks, i have taken 2-3 pills per day with lots of water, and have noticed my hair is growing shiny and fast, my nails are strong. i *think* my skin looks nice too! this is a way underrated beauty secret so i'm SHOUTING to all MUA'ers - use omega 3 fish oil pills! my suggestion: take only the kind that is purified/filtered - the super cheap ones are not and therefore, all the chemicals/bad stuff the fish have ingested will go right into you. give them plenty of time to work, probably several months. also, make sure you take them with a big glass of water, otherwise, fish burps will get ya. ;-)

on 8/14/2007 5:17:00 PM

I get the CVS brand when they have them for BOGO 50% off. I researched online and CVS brand is mercury-safe.

My skin is SOOOOO much better when I take these, plus my hair is shinier.

i found out about omegas through a nutritionist that use to work i our building. I was intrigued because I found that it helps with cravings for sweets and fatty foods, also helped with emotional/mood stuff. Its just a bonus that it helps with hair, and skin.
nails grow stronger too, because of the gelatin used in the pill coating.
i wouldn't not recommend just any brand, sense this stuff can even be bought rancid..if your not careful. Its worth the extra bucks to get the better quality brands. GNC has a couple to choose from.

on 6/13/2007 1:52:00 PM

I have been using Nordic Naturals Omega 3-6-9 Complete since January after an allergic reaction caused my hair to fall out and a terrible skin rash. After a week I noticed my nails which never grow had become long and strong with white tips. My hair has grown very fast, and it is extremely soft. My skin is clear, and the scars left over from the acne I suffered as a teen are gone. My skin looks dewy and fresh everyday, something I never experienced before. And it does help with PMS-no more cramps or mood swings. Try Nordic Naturals because they flavor their gel caps with lemon so there is no bad aftertaste and I can take them on an empty stomach with no icky feeling. Excellent supplement!

I have been taking fish oil for about 3 years now and it has helped my skin, hair, nails, and mood. I get HORRIBLE PMS and am extremely irritable if I lapse in taking it, and my skin tone turns ruddy. I have experimented with dosage and I take 6-7 caps daily for these benefits. I had been worried that I might gain weight from it, but my weight has been consistent all this time and I don't eat less because of fat/calories from the pills.