Omega 3 supplement

Omega 3 supplement Omega 3 supplement

4.4

on 5/17/2017 2:15:00 PM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

I wasn’t going to write a review until I was at least 3/4 months into taking this product but my god, as I was applying my make up this morning I realised how, dewy, hydrated and healthy my skin looks; I am only 4 weeks in so this is a very pleasant surprise.

I take the PerriconeMD’s Omega 3 product, and yes, it’s expensive but I have zero side effects, no fishy burps, I don’t have to freeze them neither do I have any horrible skin issues as a result. It is worth paying just that little bit more for such quality in my opinion.

I haven’t noticed any faster hair growth but I don’t expect that at this stage. But my hair is noticeably shiny, more manageable and softer, sometimes too soft really. I definitely don’t need to use as much conditioner anymore which is an added bonus. There’s a significant reduction in hair fall also.

One of the best reasons is I have so much more energy to do things. I have so much more focus and concentration and I can get a lot more done at work.

I realise this is a long term solution and will continue to repurchase based on these early good results.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I tried the Nordic Naturals brand fish oil pills. Within a few days, my hair were shiny and looked great, but after a few weeks, my skin broke out with a lot of zits. I was also trying a new blush at that time, so I thought that was causing it. So I stopped both the fish oil pill and the new blush. It took me a whole month to have my face cleared. After some time I started to use the filsh oil again as liked my shiny hair so much, but the same results, I started to broke out pretty bad after a couple of weeks. I stopped using it and my face is clearing up

well i cant make a hundred percent claim for beauty benefits yet (my hair is a bit on the oily side and a couple of zits i dont usually get have popped up, but nothing dramatic, I think my body is just adjusting still), but anyone saying its a placebo effect for period cramps is wrong. I didn't even KNOW that was one of the possible side effects until I noticed for the first time in 10 years I had no cramps, and trust me they're usually doozies. So i thought weird, maybe I should google if there's a link...and turns out there might be! So im telling you there is, I havent changed anything else exercise or diet wise at all!! If thats not it, this is the world's weirdest coincidence. Will update if my hair and skin calms down a bit although I am using a new shampoo that might be wats doing it anyway. In the meantime my liver and stomach will be happy for every less ibuprofen I pop every month!

on 3/14/2008 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

So many benefits to using this product. I have been taking 2000mg a day of Omega 3 for 7 months now. I have found it's made my nails stronger, reduced dryness, and my hair strands are thicker and it grows faster (it's taking a little longer to dry my hair). My skin is very oily and acne prone & my acne breakouts have reduced and my skin looks a bit more glowy.

I have found it's great for moodiness as well and works well for depression. If you have high cholesterol, it works to reduce your LDL cholesterol levels. I have heard of people who have used this as managed to lose a little weight (I don't think it's done anything for me in this area but your results may vary)

Bottom line is that it's great for your well being and body overall. I buy the large bottles from Wal-mart & they work just as well as the name brands. You really have nothing to lose when trying this.

I am going to try adding Evening Primrose Oil to my vitamin regimen as well (this contains Omega 6) and see if I get addtional benefit...............stay tuned!

on 2/5/2008 6:40:00 PM

Fyi- I was looking up the ingredients in Borage Oil and it should be (Herbicide and Pesticide-Free). Herbcide can cause rashes.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbicide#Health_effects

"Some herbicides can cause a variety of health effects ranging from skin rashes to death. The pathway of attack can arise from intentional or unintentional direct consumption of the herbicide , improper application resulting in the herbicide coming into direct contact with people or wildlife, inhalation of aerial sprays, or food consumption prior to the labeled pre-harvest interval."

I hope this helps someone who is experiencing rashes from taking Omega pills.

on 10/26/2007 10:00:00 AM

I got my Omega-3 Fish Oil pills from Sam's Club in a Member's Mark jar of 400 for about $9.00 plus S&H. I wanted to try these pills for all of the health benefits I've been reading about. I've been taking them for a little over a week and I have noticed that my skin has broken out a lot more than normal in the places my skin was already oily (I have combination skin that gets an occasional breakout and my chin and nose are my two main trouble spots). However, I'm not going to discontinue taking the pills just yet. I'm hoping that my body will adjust and that my skin will end up improving. I also have really bad ridges in my thumb nails and it seems like they are growing in less ridgy. I'll definitely update my review after some more time has passed.

on 10/9/2007 6:32:00 PM

So far it's suppressing my appetite! Not effect (it's early yet though) on hair, nails, skin. I started taking this (1 pill, 2 times a day) almost 2 weeks ago. Careful, an overdose of this stuff can cause stomach bleeding.

Editing--ugh, it's now suppressing my appetite to the point where food makes me nauseous. I'll be cutting my dosage to see if it helps.

on 9/25/2007 4:04:00 PM

Omega-3--Natural Factors--I have been taking this for over a month now. I do get "fish burps". However, it doesn't bother me. I only get them when I do not take the supplement with food. My hair has gotten VERY shiney, and I am always getting compliments on it's color and texture. My nails are looking GrrrrREAT. I also started taking a multi-vitamin for women at the same time, so it could be a combination of the two. Originally, my hair was shedding profusely and my nails looked bad, my skin was erratic (and still kinda is due to hormonal imbalances). However, I do think that the fish oils and the vitamins have helped me. I have taken them consistently and missed maybe a couple doses in the past month. I noticed less hair shedding about 10 days after beginning the 2. *The Natural Factors brand recommends 1 pill 2X a day taken with a meal. If I eat salmon for a meal, I only take one pill. I have had NO oily skin, NO oily hair--if anything, this has been a miracle for me.

on 9/24/2007 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I had acne before and I was able to clear up my skin with benzoyl peroxide. My skin remained clear for almost a year. Then my acne came back during my previous quarter of school.

My forehead was super oily and red from the acne. I had it worse on the sides of my temples. I tried many things including Alpha Hydroxy Souffle 12%, it didn't help me (although I'm glad it helps others).

I read good reviews on this product and decided to take them. I use Nature Made Fish Oil Pills, and take 2 capsules everyday. I've been taking them for close to 3 months and I have noticed a big difference. There's a lot less oil and pretty much all my acne disappeared on my forehead. However there's still some remaining on my temples. I have to see if they will go away.

It took me close to 3 months to see results. Don't expect it to be a quick fix. It's worth it though!

on 9/10/2007 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

fish oil, without question, is one of the best supplements that you can take for myriad reasons besides healthy skin and hair. It also affects visual acuity, hearing, increases the function of neurons in your brain, and decreases platelet aggregation, which leads to all organs in your body being better perfused with blood, and in that respect all increases muscle tone. It has (anti-cardiac)arrhythmic properties as well, as well as helping to regulate blood sugar. It increases your good cholesterol, while lowering the bad.
The main thing you need to avoid is omega 6!! Do NOT buy omega 3-6-9!!! In this country, we have a serious imbalance of omega 3 to omega 6. We have way too much omega 6 in our baked goods, fast foods etc. You are only hurting yourself by increasing your omega 6 intake!! In countries that are not industralized, where there is not this unnatural omega 6 to 3 ratio, there is no acne!!!! There seems to be a correlation between acne and this abnormal ratio! Buy only omega 3!!!! Get books from your library on omega 3 and research it!