Omega 3 supplement

Omega 3 supplement Omega 3 supplement

4.1

on 5/17/2017 2:15:00 PM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

I wasn’t going to write a review until I was at least 3/4 months into taking this product but my god, as I was applying my make up this morning I realised how, dewy, hydrated and healthy my skin looks; I am only 4 weeks in so this is a very pleasant surprise.

I take the PerriconeMD’s Omega 3 product, and yes, it’s expensive but I have zero side effects, no fishy burps, I don’t have to freeze them neither do I have any horrible skin issues as a result. It is worth paying just that little bit more for such quality in my opinion.

I haven’t noticed any faster hair growth but I don’t expect that at this stage. But my hair is noticeably shiny, more manageable and softer, sometimes too soft really. I definitely don’t need to use as much conditioner anymore which is an added bonus. There’s a significant reduction in hair fall also.

One of the best reasons is I have so much more energy to do things. I have so much more focus and concentration and I can get a lot more done at work.

I realise this is a long term solution and will continue to repurchase based on these early good results.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have been taking omega 3s on and off since I was 17. I have only been taking them daily for the past 6 mo or so with no breaks......the reason I would take breaks in the past was due to boredom or not seeing miracle results. But now at 25, I have to say - any results are a big deal. So I'll continue taking them. Especially now seeing the longterm results in my friends.

I use Nordic Naturals.
--------------------------------------------------------
I always try to wait a while before reviewing products just incase the initial opinions change as my skin (or body) adjust to it. Sometimes my thoughts on a product change later on due to several other variables, but I always make sure to update/edit my reviews. My body has had long enough to decide if it hates these. Luckily for me, there's been no negative effects. I haven't seen DRAMATIC positive results, but there has been enough of an impact that I will continue taking these.

Pros:
-My eyes are less red and less dry. Usually they hurt after a long day of staring at my computer screen but that is no longer the case by bedtime. They both look a lot clearer to me. Omega 3 is a common recommendation for dry eyes.

-Inflammation of my acne & post hyperpigmentation has decreased. KEEP IN MIND I am very diligent about my skincare and use products that target these type of issues already. I had already gotten rid of my acne for the most part. Nevertheless, I've still noticed a slight difference. My skin is (minimally) plumper. I've found that using a moisturizer helps my skin tolerate alpha hydroxy acids. It was a shock to me when I started noticing the omega 3s also could help in this manner. I never thought a supplement would protect my skin's barrier from within. Yet I am definitely able to apply my favorite glycolic acid toner daily now with 0 peeling.

-Recent new growth of hair is coming in a little bit healthier. It's been healthy since 2013 (I lost a ton in 2011-2012ish). But I'm noticing extra shine since adding these in...which is probably due to the neutral pro/con mentioned below.

Neutral pro/con:
-My (already oily) sebum production has started producing more oil. These supplements, based off what I've read on the science behind them affecting hormones, should be regulating my oil levels. :\ I was surprised that they actually increased it. This is bad news for my matte make up finish and greasy scalp. But... I'll make it work. The reason I consider this to be a neutral point rather than a straight up con is because I am a big believer that being oily skinned is a blessing in disguise when it comes to anti-aging and hair health. Think of it as a built in moisturizer. That's a huge reason I decided against ever going on Accutane despite every derm pressuring me. Note: If you are dry skinned naturally, omega 3 should help normalize your skin/oil production.

My biggest piece of advice is BE PATIENT and make sure you're getting an adequate dosage. It takes a few months for these to really get in your system.

Again - these haven't been miracle results but they're significant enough that I've noticed them. I'm sure they could be a miracle product for others. The person with the best skin I know in her 50s swears by these and I've seen INCREDIBLE results in others.

on 10/11/2015 6:59:00 PM

Hey girls!
A little bit about my skin:
I'm almost 21, and though I had not too awful acne during my teens, my lower half of my face went i n s a n e when I turned 20. (My chin had breakouts, my jawline as well) It's to the point where my upper half is perfectly fine but the lower half of my face is insanely red (due to pimples)
Anyhow! I've tried a lot of topical gels/creams, but they honestly didn't work. I didn't know what the cause was, and frankly, I still don't know what's causing this, but I did find a way to help it out: Omega 3 supplements.
A month or two ago, I was on makeupalley just reading reviews of random stuff and a little missy mentioned Omega 3. I started googling & understanding why my pimples were so darn red. The lady who commented before me explains very well why we need Omega 3.
I started taking the supplement about 3 weeks ago, and in the past week, I've noticed how less red my acne spots are! My mom is always aware of how haywire my skin is, and she's commented multiple times how much my skin looks better. I know at first I was very nervous in taking these supplements, because some peoples skins are insane after taking these, and others see a positive impact. Personal opinion of mine: try it out. It's okay if your skin doesn't agree with it; at least you'll know that you tried a new solution. You'll take care of your skin, and eventually the pimples from the omega 3 oil will leave.
Good luck ladies!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Take your omega-3's ladies!

Here's the simplified synopsis: Your darling little bodies have fatty acids in the cell wall of each of your cells. Omega 3's are just one type of fatty acid. (Another type you've probably heard a lot about are Omega 6's.)

Omega 3 and Omega 6 compete for similar jobs in your body. Omega 3's can usually get the upper hand... if you eat enough of them.

And why would you want to do that? Wellllll... guess what happens when you have too many Omega 6's running around in there?

INFLAMMATION. (ewwwww.....)

Yup. Upping your Omega 3's and reducing your Omega 6's can positively impact ANY condition that has ties to inflammation.

That means we're talking about: eczema, psoriasis, acne, high cholesterol, heart disease, diabetes, Crohn's disease, asthma, hayfever, rheumatoid arthritis... the list goes on forever.

Are YOU getting enough Omega 3's? Probably not. Most Americans have 16 to 30 times MORE Omega 6's in their diets than Omega 3's. That's bad news.

The GOOD news is: you can fix it! You can INCREASE your Omega 3's through supplements and DECREASE your Omega 6's by refusing to eat anything cooked with a fat that is liquid at room temperature (ex: soybean oil, corn oil, olive oil, etc.).

Grapeseed oil, for example, has 696 times more Omega 6's than Omega 3's... so every time you put stuff like that in your mouth, you're creating excess inflammation throughout your body. Not a good idea.

Like all good things, you can overdo it - so DON'T take more than 3 grams (3000mg) of Omega 3's in a day.

If you're looking to balance yourself without supplements, you'd want to eat plenty of leafy greens, ground flax seed, fruits, beans, veggies, and the maximum allowable fish intake per week for your gender, age, and weight.

Remember it takes TIME for all the cell walls in your body to change out Omega 6's for Omega 3's. So be PATIENT. You should start seeing results within four weeks and will definitely see results 12 months after correcting your diet!

Happy eating!

on 10/18/2013 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The great omega 3 it has benefited me since I was a baby I was given halibut liver oil squeezed in my bottle as an Infant it was a tiny little gelatin pearl it was High in omega 3 and vitamin a and e within two days my cold had miraculously cleared up as an adult still taking the halibut liver oil as well as hair skin and nails which is very high in omega 3 I found my skin is looking a lot healthier and my eyes are looking a lot clearer but apart from the good points it has boosting The appearance its amazing for your health I have noticed since I have upped my omega 3 in take my mood levels are beginning to stabilize and am feeling a lot less depressed and less anxious omega 3 is amazing and I couldint imagine My life without it.

on 10/10/2013 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I initially started taking omega 3 fish oil at the recommendation of my eye doctor to treat my dry eyes (!). I had also been struggling with adult acne for many years. About two weeks into taking fish oil my skin was so much clearer and breakouts stopped. My skin continues to remain acne free as long as i take omega 3 fish oil. I have been taking it for more than 5 years. I initially took it with flax oil & vit E, but now only take omega 3 fish oil. I take the liquid form made by nutri- supreme. This gets absorbed and digested better than capsules. When i first started taking it, i took capsules and i felt like i was burping up the flavor the rest of the day. With the liquid there is no after taste. I take about 1 1/2 tsps about 4x a week after supper. I drink juice after to mask the taste.

Also my hair got less dry and frizzy. The one who cuts my hair keeps commenting on how quickly my hair grows.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I wanted to share my experience taking an Omega 3 supplement every day for 3 weeks now. Ever since I turned 37 I noticed a change in my skin and hair. My skin became more sensitive, blotchy red, and dry. My longe, high and low lighted blonde hair became thinner, oily at the roots, and dry on the ends. Before i turned 37, i never even washed my face before going to bed, let alone moisturize or use a retinol product. The only makeup i used was the neutrogena healthy skin foundation over an olay face moisturizer to even out my skin tone in the morning. I washed my hair with a drugstore shampoo and conditioner every morning that had sulfates and silicones in it. I never used a hair mask. My hair was pretty normal, as well as my skin (never exfoliated). This past year I have been coming on this sight to find the best skin products to use on my aging skin. I have now implemented a pretty good skincare regimen. I also rotate between 3 sulfate free shampoo and conditioners in the shower. I had an Omega 3 supplement in my linen closet i bought last year that i never successfully stuck to taking every day so in the closet it went. I read an article one day about how good Omega 3s were good for your skin and hair so I took it out one week before christmas and started taking 1 capsule 3x daily. I got my hair done on christmas eve and bought a new shampoo and conditioner called Amazon Oils my stylist wanted me to try (my salon has their own line of products). After Christmas i began to see that my hair was really really soft...almost too soft if that makes sense. I have thinning hair so i want my individual hair strands to be as plump as possible for volume. No matter what volumizing product i tried before blow drying my hair(including the free one i got from my stylist), my hair was still too soft. I though "Wow this new shampoo and conditioner i bought from the salon must be making my hair this soft," so i told my mom about it because she goes to the same salon. A week later I noticed my skin was less blotchy red and less dry...almost perfect to the point where i didnt need my full coverage foundation. Thats when i realized that it must be the Omega 3 supplement im taking that is making my hair and skin so soft! I would have never expected this effect on my skin and hair from taking it. Since starting the supplement, my hair is soooo soft. My face is just as soft and it isn't dry, red, blotchy anymore. I can even skip moisturizer if I wanted to....the same with my skin on my body! Super soft! I wanted to share this with everyone because maybe you are having the same problems with your skin and hair as you start to age. Omega 3s might help! I take the Natural Factors brand from iherb.com and cut back to taking 2 a day cuz taking 3 a day left my hair too soft. I don't get fish burps. I havent noticed my hair growing in faster and fuller yet or less hair fall...just really soft. i'm hoping if i continue with my omega 3s, i will notice fuller hair. i will keep you updated on that. They have regulated the oil production for my face and scalp though which is a plus. I dont have oily roots anymore and i dont have to wash my hair every day. i also only have to use a light tinted moisturizer with sunscreen on my face, no more full coverage creme foundation to hide redness and even out skin tone or a heavy moisturizer cause the omega 3s took care of all that for me! Try it and see if it works for you...you have nothing to lose if it doesn't.

on 12/29/2011 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

There are so many health benefits, there is no reason why anyone should not give Omega 3 Fish Oil a try. Too many benefits for me to post all of them in this review. It's a relatively easy and inexpensive way to improve your health

I take the Vitacost brand Mega EFA Mini Gel Omega-3 EPA & DHA Fish Oil. I have a hard time swallowing large pills and most fish oils capsules are huge. 1 serving is supposed to be 4 capsules, but I take 6 daily. Besides being small, this brand has a high DHA ratio compared to other brands. High DHA is important to me since it seems to have the most benefits.

This supplement is def cumulative and it took about 2-3 months for me to start to feel physical improvement. Surprisingly when I went away last Oct and didn't take them for a week, I could have sworn I felt a decline. This could be mental, but I felt it in my joints upon my return.

The only con for me is that I have to keep them in the freezer and take them with food to avoid fish burps.

on 12/2/2011 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I think it is funny how people expect a supplement to work within a week. Let's get serious, in order for you to see or feel results you have to take the supplement daily and follow the dosage for a few months. I take Natures bounty fish oil 1000mg omega-3. The directions say to take 1 soft gel 3 times daily, preferably with a meal. Fish oil is awesome! It has helped me grow out my hair. My hair is healthier, stronger and LONG. I also take B-12 for hair growth. Everyone should take fish oil whether its for beauty or health purposes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

However , omega 3 truly can do wonderful things to your body and your skin,
Providing you choose the right brand, and keep a healthy life style. My skin is glowing my mother asked if I was pregnant!! I asked her why and she said well I saw you eat a pickle and your skin is glowing lmao. Yes you can freeze them and take them to help with fish burps thats how I give them to my son(his needs to stay refrigerated anyway) but I give him better ones then what I have since he has psoriasis and helps with that(his are 21.99). I got the natures best brand from cvs for myself(under 10 bucks)odorless 1200mg that says controls fish burps on it, I have tried the really cheap ones I tried(under 5) are horrid they those ones made me smell lol The natures best ones I dont have that problem.
..ok here we go

Here are the main omega 3 skin benefits
- reduces wrinkles,no, it won't "make a 80 years old look like teenager in 5 days" , but it will definitely help
-Most people relay on creams only... Why not nourish your skin from inside out?
- prevent dryness, and made my skin perfectly moistureized .
- fight against skin problems like acne and eczema and helps my sons psoriasis.
- Reduce dry, flakey skin, by preventing dehydration of cells
- Promote glowing skin and improve skin tone
- Prevent sagging skin
- Make your skin plumper and more youthful
- Maintain skins elasticity

HAIR
Essential omega-3 fatty acids moisturize your scalp from the inside. Lack of adequate amount of Omega 3 fatty acids can lead to dry scalp,dandruff,dry hair,and hair fall. My hair is longer and I get dry scalp less often

HEALTH
-Help build healthy cell membranes
- Reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
-Provide anti-inflammatory effects on our joints
- Reduce your risk of depression
- Lower cholesterol
- Lower triglycerides
- Lower blood pressure
-Lower the risk of certain cancers and reduce prostate tumor growth
- Improve immune function
-attention deficit hyperactivity disorder(ADHD) this has also helped my son he has this condition and it seemed to vanish after about 4 months
-joint pain I no longer hear clicking sounds when I work out

Popular Other Products