Omega 3 supplement

Omega 3 supplement
Omega 3 supplement Omega 3 supplement

4.1

I've been using fish oil pills for a few weeks now, and they seem to have made my hair healthier.

on 1/28/2007 12:47:00 AM

i heard from a doctor that you can put them in the freezer and swallow the caps frozen. by the time they melt they are part way down and you won't burp fish taste for the day. just thought i'd mention it....

on 4/3/2007 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Forget serums! This stuff makes my skin glow NATURALLY. I use less body lotion. My hair is more moisturized, softer. Highly recommended, comes with a plethora of additional health benefits to boot. A natural antidepressant, etc.

Do keep them in the freezer.

I had been using 'Super Omega 3-6-9' soft gel by NOW, for over 3 years, but the last 2 years I'm using Dr. Murray's RX Omega 3 fACTORS (It's Pharmacuetical Grade). This is a FANTASTIC & important part of my daily beauty/health/ well being regime.
It works, it really works. My Skin is much clearer, nails stronger, hair grows faster. Dr. Weil and many others have talked about the important benefits of Omega for many years. Make it a part of your every day life too :-)

on 6/10/2007 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I've been taking Nature Made fish oil supplements (drugstore) for about three months now. My rheumatologist recommended fish oil (along with some other nutritional stuff) for treatment of arthritis. What I have noticed that I wanted to share with y'all is the incredible improvement in my nails! They have been weak and peely for years now and nothing topical has helped, but they are now strong and naturally smooth & shiny. I even mentioned this to the doc and he said that improvements are often seen in skin, hair and nails w/long term use of fish oil. (Haven't seen big changes in skin & hair yet, just nails, but it's a dramatic change.)

on 6/11/2007 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Those pills rock!!I used them to balance my system and my health has dramatically improved.my skin nails ad hair look very healthy and my stress episodes are less.no beauty product could ever do this to me but these derinetely are a must

Ever since I started taking Omega 3 supplements, I saw an overall improvement in my health both physcially and mentally. Also, my skin doesn't break out like it use to on my back. Omega 3 is an essential fatty acid. Keep in mind, there are different brands that offer different strengths. Always make sure the lable says it was checked/screened for heavy metals and make sure there is vitamin E in the pill. It keeps the oil from getting rancid. Omega 3 is available in both pill and liquid form.

on 6/11/2007 10:38:00 AM

*Omega-3 Fish Oil Supplement Alert-*
*Heavy Metals, dioxins, PCBs*

I use Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega because all fish oil supplements should be molecularly distilled in order to ensure *the absence of impurities including PCBs, heavy metals and dioxins* and this one is. I was sitting at the doctor's office and read an article about many Omega supplements not being purified--as soon as I went home, I checked mine and was relieved. You can check this out on the website: www.nordicnaturals.com.I know there are a few other brands out there that are distilled in this way and surpass national standards for purity--please check yours! I purchase mine from a natural foods store, but they can be ordered.

This formula has EPA, DHA as well as Omega-9 and has a lemon flavor to keep away fish breath. They are a bit expensive, but worth it IMO. Less dry, more glowing skin. I started using them last year and it was the first winter I didn't get chapped lips so I am convinced that these really do work.

This particular formula has:
Vitamin E: 30 I.U.
EPA: 650 mg
DHA: 450 mg
Other Omega-3s: 180 mg
Omega-9: 56 mg
Two soft gels/day is suggested but I usually do every other day.
**Wanted to add that this supplement is often on the med list for individuals with depression/bipolar-works on irritibility

on 6/11/2007 4:59:00 PM

Like centerfuse, I also take Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega and have been for the past year or so. It has made a difference in the reactivity of my skin - I don't have monthly breakouts like I used to. I have also noticed that my frame looks even leaner now...I was usually at 18-19% body fat, and since I started taking the omegas, my body fat slipped down to 13-15%, and that's with the same diet and workout routine. I intend to keep taking this stuff...no fishy aftertaste either! UPDATE: I really think everyone should be taking this supplement...it's fantastic for imparting a nice glow to the skin, and as I had mentioned before, it seems to have cleared my monthly breakout issues for the most part. My skin is softer and smoother since taking this. The whole body fat ratio thing is still holding too. Amazing...and since I have a genetic background filled with heart disease and high cholesterol, I get some relief from knowing that this will probably keep my lipid profile looking as great as it is (total chol. 140, HDL 79)...anything to stay healthier! I haven't noticed a huge difference in the cracking joints or soreness in my joints, but perhaps the issues would be worse by now if I hadn't been taking these supplements. I noticed someone mention an improvement in dry eye symptoms...well, I really wish that was the case for me...maybe if I take 2 capsules per day instead of one, but my eyes are dry, dry, dry...in conclusion, though, the dermatological and cardiovascular benefits of this supplement are enough for me to continue taking it!

on 6/11/2007 5:05:00 PM

omegas are really a great addition to anyones daily vitamin/supplement routine. No, I dont think I would freeze them.

Popular Other Products