Omega 3 supplement

Omega 3 supplement
Omega 3 supplement Omega 3 supplement

4.4

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I use Cod Liver oil, I use about 1 or 2 tablespoons a day. My nails, skin and hair are all healthier and my colesteral levels are much better.
For people who have trouble with Fish Oil perhaps Hemp Seed oil would work for them.

on 8/27/2010 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use Puritan's Pride Omega-3 Supreme fish oil. It contains 950 mgs. of fatty acids (DHA & EPA) per each 1360 mg. capsule of fish oil. I take 2-3 capsules daily--this much only because a cardiologist suggested fish oil as a treatment for a heart irregularity (PVCs) I was experiencing. I was amazed that the PVCs improved in three weeks and were gone by seven weeks. I had been experiencing them for over six months and prescription changes were not helping at all. I rarely have fishy burps but some people have to adjust to fish oil. Change brands if you burp too much. Purtain's has periodic Buy1/Get 3 Free sales.
My chronic acne problems did not seem to worsen or improve when I began using fish oil. Hair, nail condition, vision, mood or skin oiliness...no change. Fish oil lowers triglycerides but can raise total cholesterol in some people. That happened to me but the ratio of HDL/LDL stayed about the same. UPDATE: I have switched to the Nature Bounty 1,400mg. Fish Oil that I have only found at Costco. With this I can take one capsule daily and get much more omega acids because it is very concentrated.

on 1/25/2010 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Crazy cystic acne within 3 weeks of starting the gel capsules--from one of the best vitamin companies---both my neurologists use the same formulation.

It must be a valuable supplement since so many "brain" drs take it, but if you break out from iodine in multi-vitamins, or from excessive seafood, this will put mountains on your face.

Five weeks after stopping the product and my face is still breaking out. At least it is slowing down.

on 9/25/2007 8:05:00 AM

Because of my cholesterol problem and the inability to tolerate any statins, my last resort was to take fish oil on the advice of my doctor. Not only is it great for nails, hair, and skin hydration, my cholesterol levels have changed significantly. My doctor is pleased with the results and so am I but I need to take three or four, three times a day. The results are amazing.

on 7/6/2007 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have been taking 3-6-9 fish oil capsules for a couple of years now, partially for my osteoarthritis, but have noticed a positive difference in my hair and nails and skin, nice bonus!

on 6/26/2007 1:01:00 PM

I think fish oil IS a beauty product. I have been using Barlean's for several months, and notice a huge difference in my skin, hair and nails. My nails used to break very easily...even from washing my hair! No more of that, thank God. Because of my hypothroidism, I lost a lot of hair, and what was left was really dry and brittle. Like Barbie hair. I used to be afraid to brush or comb it. Now I can brush and comb just fine without a lot of breakage. If you want to add some other good oils to your diet, Evening Primrose Oil and Flaxseed Oil are wonderful, and coconut oil is helpful for a lot of things. Look them up and see if they might help you.

on 1/28/2007 12:47:00 AM

i heard from a doctor that you can put them in the freezer and swallow the caps frozen. by the time they melt they are part way down and you won't burp fish taste for the day. just thought i'd mention it....

Popular Other Products