Omega 3 supplement

Omega 3 supplement
Omega 3 supplement Omega 3 supplement

4.1

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have been taking omega 3s on and off since I was 17. I have only been taking them daily for the past 6 mo or so with no breaks......the reason I would take breaks in the past was due to boredom or not seeing miracle results. But now at 25, I have to say - any results are a big deal. So I'll continue taking them. Especially now seeing the longterm results in my friends.

I use Nordic Naturals.
--------------------------------------------------------
I always try to wait a while before reviewing products just incase the initial opinions change as my skin (or body) adjust to it. Sometimes my thoughts on a product change later on due to several other variables, but I always make sure to update/edit my reviews. My body has had long enough to decide if it hates these. Luckily for me, there's been no negative effects. I haven't seen DRAMATIC positive results, but there has been enough of an impact that I will continue taking these.

Pros:
-My eyes are less red and less dry. Usually they hurt after a long day of staring at my computer screen but that is no longer the case by bedtime. They both look a lot clearer to me. Omega 3 is a common recommendation for dry eyes.

-Inflammation of my acne & post hyperpigmentation has decreased. KEEP IN MIND I am very diligent about my skincare and use products that target these type of issues already. I had already gotten rid of my acne for the most part. Nevertheless, I've still noticed a slight difference. My skin is (minimally) plumper. I've found that using a moisturizer helps my skin tolerate alpha hydroxy acids. It was a shock to me when I started noticing the omega 3s also could help in this manner. I never thought a supplement would protect my skin's barrier from within. Yet I am definitely able to apply my favorite glycolic acid toner daily now with 0 peeling.

-Recent new growth of hair is coming in a little bit healthier. It's been healthy since 2013 (I lost a ton in 2011-2012ish). But I'm noticing extra shine since adding these in...which is probably due to the neutral pro/con mentioned below.

Neutral pro/con:
-My (already oily) sebum production has started producing more oil. These supplements, based off what I've read on the science behind them affecting hormones, should be regulating my oil levels. :\ I was surprised that they actually increased it. This is bad news for my matte make up finish and greasy scalp. But... I'll make it work. The reason I consider this to be a neutral point rather than a straight up con is because I am a big believer that being oily skinned is a blessing in disguise when it comes to anti-aging and hair health. Think of it as a built in moisturizer. That's a huge reason I decided against ever going on Accutane despite every derm pressuring me. Note: If you are dry skinned naturally, omega 3 should help normalize your skin/oil production.

My biggest piece of advice is BE PATIENT and make sure you're getting an adequate dosage. It takes a few months for these to really get in your system.

Again - these haven't been miracle results but they're significant enough that I've noticed them. I'm sure they could be a miracle product for others. The person with the best skin I know in her 50s swears by these and I've seen INCREDIBLE results in others.

on 10/18/2013 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The great omega 3 it has benefited me since I was a baby I was given halibut liver oil squeezed in my bottle as an Infant it was a tiny little gelatin pearl it was High in omega 3 and vitamin a and e within two days my cold had miraculously cleared up as an adult still taking the halibut liver oil as well as hair skin and nails which is very high in omega 3 I found my skin is looking a lot healthier and my eyes are looking a lot clearer but apart from the good points it has boosting The appearance its amazing for your health I have noticed since I have upped my omega 3 in take my mood levels are beginning to stabilize and am feeling a lot less depressed and less anxious omega 3 is amazing and I couldint imagine My life without it.

on 6/4/2013 10:04:00 PM

Glad I only took it for a short time. I made my face super oily during the day, and I am starting to have a lot clog pores and small bumps all over my face. I will never try it again....

on 12/2/2011 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I think it is funny how people expect a supplement to work within a week. Let's get serious, in order for you to see or feel results you have to take the supplement daily and follow the dosage for a few months. I take Natures bounty fish oil 1000mg omega-3. The directions say to take 1 soft gel 3 times daily, preferably with a meal. Fish oil is awesome! It has helped me grow out my hair. My hair is healthier, stronger and LONG. I also take B-12 for hair growth. Everyone should take fish oil whether its for beauty or health purposes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

However , omega 3 truly can do wonderful things to your body and your skin,
Providing you choose the right brand, and keep a healthy life style. My skin is glowing my mother asked if I was pregnant!! I asked her why and she said well I saw you eat a pickle and your skin is glowing lmao. Yes you can freeze them and take them to help with fish burps thats how I give them to my son(his needs to stay refrigerated anyway) but I give him better ones then what I have since he has psoriasis and helps with that(his are 21.99). I got the natures best brand from cvs for myself(under 10 bucks)odorless 1200mg that says controls fish burps on it, I have tried the really cheap ones I tried(under 5) are horrid they those ones made me smell lol The natures best ones I dont have that problem.
..ok here we go

Here are the main omega 3 skin benefits
- reduces wrinkles,no, it won't "make a 80 years old look like teenager in 5 days" , but it will definitely help
-Most people relay on creams only... Why not nourish your skin from inside out?
- prevent dryness, and made my skin perfectly moistureized .
- fight against skin problems like acne and eczema and helps my sons psoriasis.
- Reduce dry, flakey skin, by preventing dehydration of cells
- Promote glowing skin and improve skin tone
- Prevent sagging skin
- Make your skin plumper and more youthful
- Maintain skinís elasticity

HAIR
Essential omega-3 fatty acids moisturize your scalp from the inside. Lack of adequate amount of Omega 3 fatty acids can lead to dry scalp,dandruff,dry hair,and hair fall. My hair is longer and I get dry scalp less often

HEALTH
-Help build healthy cell membranes
- Reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
-Provide anti-inflammatory effects on our joints
- Reduce your risk of depression
- Lower cholesterol
- Lower triglycerides
- Lower blood pressure
-Lower the risk of certain cancers and reduce prostate tumor growth
- Improve immune function
-attention deficit hyperactivity disorder(ADHD) this has also helped my son he has this condition and it seemed to vanish after about 4 months
-joint pain I no longer hear clicking sounds when I work out

on 9/8/2011 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

feel very strongly about warning anyone else with oily acne prone skin that this us a definite no no! my skin was going well until I used this - within 2 days of use I completely broke out - along my chin and forehead big big time ! overnight really and as others have mentioned deep within the skin - seems more like sn allergic reaction - I've not used or had a different diet or amyyhmg - this oil was the only thing different - have actually noticed a fishy smell too to be honest and an unsettled stomach - so disappointed coz this was supposed to do the opposite to my skin - now I've gone 100 steps back !! hoping to clear it out of my system very soon and not feel disfigured for very long -

on 1/27/2010 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was using fish oil supplements for about a month and a half and I've pretty much had it. I was hoping it would improve my skin and control my acne but it did nothing. In fact, it actually made it worse, especially my back and chest. FYI-my back and chest almost never break out, only my chest occasionally. The fish oil caused big inflammed acne all over my back, it was disgusting! I'm pissed because I always had beautiful skin on my back (I know, it's just the back but hey, summer's rolling around) and always looked forward to wearing tank tops. Now I'm embarrassed and I'm also left with ugly acne scars. I don't understand why fish oil gave me inflammed acne when it's suppose to be an anti-inflammatory component. I have a pretty healthy diet, I work out, take care of my skin and I've also tried two of the best brands, Nordic Naturals and Carlson. It seems so unfair that I take care of myself and my skin but still have bad breakouts. I noticed my breakouts were getting worse but kept using it hoping to get to a point where it would finally stop and I would just be left with great skin. There was about a week where my skin actually looked pretty good (with a lot of attention to skin care) and I thought the fish oil was finally improving my skin but unfortunately, almost like it was waiting dormant before letting me have it, I got one of the worst breakouts in a while. It was all throughout my forehead, which is an area that doesn't really break out, and along my jaw and neck. It just seems like fish oil caused me to breakout in areas that aren't prone to break out. I wanted to keep taking this in hopes that this wasn't all in vain but I honestly couldn't stand the breakouts anymore. I'm disappointed that this didn't work for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I consider fish oil a beauty staple. I prefer to get nutrients from whole foods, but this is a great addition to food given that I can't afford wild caught fish as frequently as I'd like. In general when I consume a lot of essential fatty acids my dry hair looks better and my sensitive scalp is somewhat soothed. I also notice that my oily skin is a bit more balanced, and as this happens, I break out less. I do want to mention that this only happens when I consume both omega-3 and omega-6 fats, whereas a big imbalance in either direction can make matters worse. I eat hemp seeds and/or oil to help with this because they have a decent amount of omega 6, including GLA (the anti-inflammatory kind). I've also taken evening primrose for their GLA. But as long as I keep the two types of fatty acids in balance, my skin and hair looks incredibly healthy and oil/moisture is balanced.

on 10/16/2009 1:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I started supplementing with Carlson's Finest Fish oil (liquid) 4 months ago. Within a month my combo/oily face became super oily. I thought it was my imagination but I stopped taking it for a few weeks and lo and behold my face went back to normal. Strange but true- fish oil (and flax/primrose) makes my skin VERY oily-which I am not interested in - more oil= more breakouts:(

on 7/11/2009 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Just wanted to share my experience with the Omega 3 fish oils...I heard about all the great benefits and was so excited to start taking them. When I first started, I was taking every other day, and did start to notice my hair grew faster (mind you - all body hair which is not necessarily the intended effect :) but also my nails grew faster and stronger, I was starting to see an effect on my skin....but unfortunately a few weeks after taking them, I started breaking out. I didn't want to believe it was the fish oils, soI stoppped for awhile. After starting up again and changing up the frequency (once every 3-4 days or so), I started breaking out again. And these zits were large and painful...not just the little whiteheads I normally get. Stopped taking again...waited a few more months....started 1/week....and started the breakouts again. I know there are certain times of the month where skin is more apt to break out, but this was not one of them. Sadly, I have to surrender and know I will have to get my extra Omega 3 another way....I am giving 3 lippies as these DO provide many health benefits...but I am just not willing to sacrifice my skin for them :( I'll probably end up dumping the rest out, as there is no way my roommate will take them after seeing what they have done to my face

Popular Other Products