Coconut Milk Hair Mask

No Image

1.0

Price: $

Price: $

I wanted this to work - but alas, no luck. I slow-boiled the product so as to get a more creme-like product, applied to my dry hair, wrapped in saran wrap & then a towel, and sat in the sun 30 minutes & read. Nothing. It did absolutely nothing for my hair. Disappointed, but glad I tried it. Next?

on 12/4/2007 10:28:00 PM

I tried this today and REALLY wanted it to be amazing (as I was rinsing out I was imagining gleeming shiny hair), but I was totally dissapointed. I used Coconut Milk from a can. I poured it into a plastic snap lock bag and left it in the fridge like member Jojoba suggested in her notepad, so that it would firm up becuase of the evaporation of the moisture. I left there for over a week and it did not change its state at all. Perhaps this only works if the coconut milk is from a carton. Anyway I poured the runny milk all over my hair and massaged in so that every strand was covered. I covered my head with a shower cap and left for two hours. I then rinsed out (By the way - does anyone else find that when they do hair masks etc, that quite a bit of hair falls out? I do, it is so annoying, I hate feeling loose hair sliding on my body in the shower, ich!), shampooed, lightly conditioned the ends and then blow dried. I did not see the gleeming hair I was imagining! :-( My hair is lacklustre, a bit frizzy and quite lank to be honest, and I know I washed all product out. I have long 'virgin' hair as my hairdressers call it (no dye etc) which is very healthy for reference. It was quite a dissapointment, I so wanted this super cheap alternative to a hair mask to herald amazing results, but it just didnt. I will try again with coconut cream to see if there is any difference. I cant find coconut milk in cartons anywhere near where I live, but will check out some asian grocery stores to see if it brings better results than the milk from a can. I do not mind that this didnt work, because it cost next to nothing, but it would have been great if it had. I will persevere with other coconut products.