Coconut Milk Hair Mask

No Image

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is what I use in my henna treatments--it adds extra bulk and shine to fine/dry hair.
Coconut cream is too heavy for my hair, leaving it crunchy.

If you leave either of these on too long, it gives the opposite effect and dries the hair with too much grease n 'protein' (?) that is hard to get out. A few hours max, don't leave it overnight.

It is fine for the occasional dry skin 'mask'...
Also fine for a bath add-in, but plain oils are better for me. This leaves anunpleasant film that doesn't absorb that well.

on 8/5/2014 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Stumbled upon this hair mask on Pinterest and had to try it. For my bsl hair used about 1/4 cup of coconut milk, 2 tablespoons of honey and 2/3 tablespoons of olive oil and applied this to my hair. Let it sit for 3 hours and then followed the usual s/c routine. I applied regular amount of shampoo that I normally use and washed it off, my hair didn't feel greasy. Styled using my Living Proof No Frizz cream, this mask added a lot of shine and softness to my hair. Continued use of this mask will make a huge difference to your hair as it eliminates frizz and adds moisture. This would be a amazing mask to use in winter. Freeze the left over coconut milk and honey mix. Will continue using it and post updates.