Coconut Milk Hair Mask

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
No Image

Price: $

Price: $

Okay, I had tried coconut milk some time before and I didn't see much results from the couple of times I tried it, not to mention the mess and experiencing fallout like one of the reviewers here. Was very disappointed with that remedy that I heard worked wonders. But a couple of weeks ago I decided to buy a can of coconut cream at a local asian store just to see the difference between the milk. Next day I tried it out, combed my hair so that there wouldn't be any tangles or fly aways, opened the can and scooped out the cream and just massaged big spoonfuls of it in my hair. I didn't make that much of a mess like I did with the milk because the cream is thick. Anyway, I waited 2 plus hours before taking a shower and washing my hair. I knew I had to because the cream was drying up and looking like excessive dandruff. Hopped in the shower, rinsed out the cream and shampooed, after that I waited for my hair to dry. My hair felt sooooo smooth and silky, not to mention the coconut aroma, that was really nice. Tried it again a couple of days ago experienced same good results. My hair is definitely shinier than before, darker and more easier to manage, since I'm used to having frizzier hair, that problem has gone away.
So, what I'm saying is, if you felt like coconut milk didn't really work out for you, try coconut CREAM! IT WORKS!! :)

on 8/27/2008 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I do coconut milk hair treatments about 2 times a week. I buy the coconut milk in the can from Whole Foods and put it on my hair straight from the can before shampooing on dry hair, for an hour or so. Then shampoo and condition as usual. It keeps your hair really healthy and soft IMO. I have zero flyaways now, I used to have them years ago. I just leave the can in the fridge, lasts about a week and 1/2.

I use this as an all over body lotion also, free of chemicals and junk most lotions have in them, that I don't want on my skin. I've been using this for a few years now for my hair and skin.