Coconut Milk Hair Mask

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/5/2014 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Stumbled upon this hair mask on Pinterest and had to try it. For my bsl hair used about 1/4 cup of coconut milk, 2 tablespoons of honey and 2/3 tablespoons of olive oil and applied this to my hair. Let it sit for 3 hours and then followed the usual s/c routine. I applied regular amount of shampoo that I normally use and washed it off, my hair didn't feel greasy. Styled using my Living Proof No Frizz cream, this mask added a lot of shine and softness to my hair. Continued use of this mask will make a huge difference to your hair as it eliminates frizz and adds moisture. This would be a amazing mask to use in winter. Freeze the left over coconut milk and honey mix. Will continue using it and post updates.

I'm naturally a brunette and have curly hair. I recently dyed it blonde and always straighten it. It was very dry and had tons of splits ends, also my hair is medium short, my dream is for long healthy blonde hair. So i decided to try the much talked about coconut milk miracle. I first tried the one from the carton called Coconut Dream. I left in my hair for 2 hours and it felt crunchy dry as if I had put gel but then when i rinsed it and put conditioner ( a sulfate free, with keratin) it felt way smoother than when i would just condition my hair then I finished the carton, so I decided to use the can ones since I heard those are more effective. I used one from thailand since i heard it works better. And I use it daily for either 1 hour or 2, due to the condition of my hair. I have to say my hair is great. I do agree with the other users that after putting the coconut milk in the fridge it does only last like 2 weeks or less, but hey it goes to show how fresh and real the thing is unlike many foods we store in our fridge. Of course i also apply coconut oil after i rinse and condition my hair , and it looks so healthy. I dont need to put gels or hair spray. I almost loook like a natural blonde. except when my roots begin to grow. Now all im waiting for is my hair to grow but i have to be patient since ive only been doing this for 3 weeks. I also started taking pre-natal vitamins for hair growth, and my skin and nails are looking quite spiffy. I am also withholding from straightening my hair for about 3 or 4 months just so it can look extremely fabulous when I do... and just maybe, just maybe it might grow at least a few inches.

on 12/4/2007 10:28:00 PM

I tried this today and REALLY wanted it to be amazing (as I was rinsing out I was imagining gleeming shiny hair), but I was totally dissapointed. I used Coconut Milk from a can. I poured it into a plastic snap lock bag and left it in the fridge like member Jojoba suggested in her notepad, so that it would firm up becuase of the evaporation of the moisture. I left there for over a week and it did not change its state at all. Perhaps this only works if the coconut milk is from a carton. Anyway I poured the runny milk all over my hair and massaged in so that every strand was covered. I covered my head with a shower cap and left for two hours. I then rinsed out (By the way - does anyone else find that when they do hair masks etc, that quite a bit of hair falls out? I do, it is so annoying, I hate feeling loose hair sliding on my body in the shower, ich!), shampooed, lightly conditioned the ends and then blow dried. I did not see the gleeming hair I was imagining! :-( My hair is lacklustre, a bit frizzy and quite lank to be honest, and I know I washed all product out. I have long 'virgin' hair as my hairdressers call it (no dye etc) which is very healthy for reference. It was quite a dissapointment, I so wanted this super cheap alternative to a hair mask to herald amazing results, but it just didnt. I will try again with coconut cream to see if there is any difference. I cant find coconut milk in cartons anywhere near where I live, but will check out some asian grocery stores to see if it brings better results than the milk from a can. I do not mind that this didnt work, because it cost next to nothing, but it would have been great if it had. I will persevere with other coconut products.