Coconut Milk Hair Mask

No Image

3.0

on 12/5/2013 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Let me tell you gals that there is a difference between coconut cream and coconut milk. Coconut cream is derived when you mix a small quantity of water into a whole grated coconut and squeezed and sieved through a muslin cloth and the liquid is called coconut cream. Coconut milk is just a diluted version of this.
I use coconut cream instead of coconut milk just the same as many prefer to use extra virgin olive oil instead of olive oil. It is easy in the place I live to purchase freshly squeezed coconut cream because consuming curries is part of our culture. You can keep fresh coconut cream in the fridge preferably up to 3 days and if you want to keep it longer you can freeze it. What I do now is freeze it in an ice cube container and is so convenient.

As a hair mask, you can mix some coconut cream with essential oils like ylang ylang, lavender, rosemary, etc and apply it for about 2 hours and shampoo and condition as usual. But what I love the most is mix some coconut cream with my sulphate and paraben free shampoo and it gives you a nice lather. For a long time, I have not enjoy shampooing my hair because the sulphate free shampoo does not give you lather and makes your hair frizzy but coconut cream change all that. I do not even have to blow dry my hair but just let it air dry and you have so much body and bounce. I was so amazed with the result that I kept wondering how did grow so much hair out of nowhere. Coconut cream it seems will help in preventing hair shedding.

Ok, let me give you a tip in culinary in cooking curries. Chill the coconut cream in the fridge until you see a layer formed at the top. Scoop this layer out. You can even use it for you skin but in cooking you use this by gently cooking under slow fire until you see a separation of oil and then you can stir in your pounded spices. Do not add in other type of oils. When you do this, I can guarantee your curries will taste awesome.

PHEW!!! This is the longest review I have written but I hope it helps.

I wanted this to work - but alas, no luck. I slow-boiled the product so as to get a more creme-like product, applied to my dry hair, wrapped in saran wrap & then a towel, and sat in the sun 30 minutes & read. Nothing. It did absolutely nothing for my hair. Disappointed, but glad I tried it. Next?