Coconut Milk Hair Mask

No Image

4.7

on 3/16/2014 11:05:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My mum had extra coconut milk and told me to wash my hair with it. I thought she was kidding but I made it into a mask. Soaked my hair and then covered it with a hairwash cap for around an hour or two.

After washing it off and shampooing + conditioning as usual, my hair smelled so yummy and it was so.... sooooo soft! The first time it was as soft as a baby's hair. It's lovely and I'd do it again in the future as a treat to my hair.

I'm naturally a brunette and have curly hair. I recently dyed it blonde and always straighten it. It was very dry and had tons of splits ends, also my hair is medium short, my dream is for long healthy blonde hair. So i decided to try the much talked about coconut milk miracle. I first tried the one from the carton called Coconut Dream. I left in my hair for 2 hours and it felt crunchy dry as if I had put gel but then when i rinsed it and put conditioner ( a sulfate free, with keratin) it felt way smoother than when i would just condition my hair then I finished the carton, so I decided to use the can ones since I heard those are more effective. I used one from thailand since i heard it works better. And I use it daily for either 1 hour or 2, due to the condition of my hair. I have to say my hair is great. I do agree with the other users that after putting the coconut milk in the fridge it does only last like 2 weeks or less, but hey it goes to show how fresh and real the thing is unlike many foods we store in our fridge. Of course i also apply coconut oil after i rinse and condition my hair , and it looks so healthy. I dont need to put gels or hair spray. I almost loook like a natural blonde. except when my roots begin to grow. Now all im waiting for is my hair to grow but i have to be patient since ive only been doing this for 3 weeks. I also started taking pre-natal vitamins for hair growth, and my skin and nails are looking quite spiffy. I am also withholding from straightening my hair for about 3 or 4 months just so it can look extremely fabulous when I do... and just maybe, just maybe it might grow at least a few inches.

Okay, I had tried coconut milk some time before and I didn't see much results from the couple of times I tried it, not to mention the mess and experiencing fallout like one of the reviewers here. Was very disappointed with that remedy that I heard worked wonders. But a couple of weeks ago I decided to buy a can of coconut cream at a local asian store just to see the difference between the milk. Next day I tried it out, combed my hair so that there wouldn't be any tangles or fly aways, opened the can and scooped out the cream and just massaged big spoonfuls of it in my hair. I didn't make that much of a mess like I did with the milk because the cream is thick. Anyway, I waited 2 plus hours before taking a shower and washing my hair. I knew I had to because the cream was drying up and looking like excessive dandruff. Hopped in the shower, rinsed out the cream and shampooed, after that I waited for my hair to dry. My hair felt sooooo smooth and silky, not to mention the coconut aroma, that was really nice. Tried it again a couple of days ago experienced same good results. My hair is definitely shinier than before, darker and more easier to manage, since I'm used to having frizzier hair, that problem has gone away.
So, what I'm saying is, if you felt like coconut milk didn't really work out for you, try coconut CREAM! IT WORKS!! :)