Eau Thermal Avene High Protection Tinted Compact SPF 50

Eau Thermal Avene High Protection Tinted Compact SPF 50
High Protection Tinted Compact SPF 50

4.1

Active: Titanium Dioxide (18), Zinc Oxide (4.9). Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, Squalane, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Silica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyglyceryl-3, Diisostearate, Water, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Microcrystalline Wax, Phenoxyethanol Tocopheryl Glucoside, Tribehenin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines.(per Paula's Choice; this is a cream)

on 5/2/2018 8:26:00 PM

I'm on my second compact. It's the only tinted sunscreen that covers well, blends in well, sets smooth and matte. It's pricey and there are only two shades to choose from (I have sable the lighter shade) but it's a good sunscreen/foundation. Gives me a warm glow.

on 10/27/2016 8:31:00 AM

Really good compact which provides very high spf cover, it comes in a handy case with a mirror intact, easy to use to touch up your makeup, it gives really good coverage and is quite thick but not cakey. The only down side is that it doesnt come in more shades!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love, love, love this product!!!

Bought this on a whim while on holiday and it was perfect. I have very dry fair skin and always wear foundation as I have broken veins on my cheeks. I bought the honey which gave me a lovely glow and I didn't wear foundation once!

Back home now and still using it. Looks so natural and so easy to apply. No dry skin either.

Best purchase I have ever made and will continue using it and not my Clinique even better foundation.

Please do not discontinue as for the first time ever I have found something so great!

I used this compact in both Beige and Honey and did not notice much of a difference in shades between the two. Honey is very very slightly darker but not by much. This sunblock has a white/pink cast on my yellow toned NC 30 skin. (Think Bobbi Brown foundation stick in 4.0 Natural). This gives good sun protection and medium coverage and can definitely take the place of foundation if it matches your skin. Although it comes in a compact this is not a powder but rather a cream type of formula. The compact itself is sturdy and practical and I did not have any problems with it breaking the few times it was dropped.

It emphasizes any flakes on skin and feels heavy and moist on my oily skin after an hour or two. My skin also gets itchy after a few hours with this on. I applied this using a fluffy brush, not the sponge that came with the compact, and that worked well to control the amount of product I was putting on.

I wish there was 1) an option for yellow-toned skin and 2) that it didn't emphasize skin flakes so much, since I use Retin-A. Exfoliating very very well helps, but when I have to get up early in the morning it would be nice to just put on something and go. I would not repurchase due to the white/pink cast. It is just too obvious and if I try to layer products on top to mask the cast it feels too heavy on my face since I have oily skin. I can see this product working well for people with combination to slightly dry skin who have a pink undertone.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Skin: decent, breaks out during menstrual cycle or stress (or wine); living in Miami so the humidity can get you here.
I tried the first Garnier BB cream, ... I broke out.
Tried the Salicyclic acid version, I broke out.
I should stick to what works, this WORKS!
I went to a pricey dermatologist in Miami Beach by recommendation of a friend.i didn't love her and she tried to sell all of her products in me, however the on good thing that came out of that was learning of this product. I worked on a racetrack with race cars and race car drivers al day around oil, grease, humidity and heat all day. I'd use this and it NEVER caused a breakout. I worked in production in the sweltering Orlando heat and on set this would just make my skin flawless, wouldn't melt off and stayed through until nighttime.
It's amazing,you won't regret it and with sunscreen how can you go wrong

on 6/15/2015 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Pros:
- You can get some really good coverage with this product, I didn't need concealer to cover my acne scars
- Built in sunscreen, which is fantastic

Cons:
- Limited availabilities in colour (I think there are only 2 shades)
- Does not reduce shininess/oiliness of skin. My face was pretty shiny and required powder touch ups.

My skin also reacts to this product when I use it in hot weather (small, numb bumps along my chin and forehead) so I will not be using it again. Definitely test it out before you use it!

Love the color & the coverage

I reviewed this two years ago and wrote a small novel.
This time I'll say only that I have spent another two years in search of the perfect non-chemical sunscreen, came back to this, realized if I moisturize a bit more before, it actually looks amazing, and touch ups make it even better not worse. Which is good, because touching up your sunscreen is a requirement! I LOVE this stuff. Don't be scared of the two colours, they just melt into your skin and leave a very subtle glow makeup look but very little actual pigment. It basically became my 4 in 1 summer face care product. (sunscreen, makeup base, concealer, and touch up portable compact!) On sale at Shoppers, it's very affordable and lasts longer if you use a good multi-purpose face makeup brush to blend it out. The sponge is so-so, as is the case for most compacts with this texture/consistency.

on 1/20/2014 8:49:00 PM

Me gusta mucho este compacto con color. La única contra que le veo es la escasa variedad de tonos, lo bueno es que es de subtono beige (no naranja como los protectores con color fluidos de Avéne), pero el mas claro es muy claro para mí y éste color (Doré) es un poco oscuro.
Hay que controlar la aplicación con la esponja que trae porque se carga mucho y puede quedar con mucho efecto "mascarita", pero a pesar de eso (recordemos que es un protector solar con color y no una base) su acabado es aterciopelado, ofrece una protección segura y se siente MUY confortable en la piel.
Es ideal para pieles sensibles porque es muy confortable, es hipoalergénico, no comedogénico y trae agua termal.
No lo compraría de nuevo por los escasos tonos, quizás la próxima pruebe con Shiseido o Bioderma a ver si se adaptan mejor a mi color de piel.

on 1/12/2015 4:38:00 AM

I bought this a little late into the summer, after I had darkened already in the color beige, which was too ashy on my skin at the time. Now that I'm back to my usual color, I feel it will match better. I read on Paula's Choice that this is a good product for sun protection so I decided to keep it, also it doesn't expire for another 2 years. The coverage is sheer but natural and the spf is high enough so you wouldn't have to worry. I would use this for casual use when I don't want to wear makeup but don't want to be bare-faced.