MD Forte MD Forte Facial Lotion III

Filtered by skin tone : Other

Ingredients: Purified Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid (and) Ammonium Glycolate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Wow! After trying various percentages of glycolic acid products, this is, by far the strongest. But it works...and this is how I did it.

I have fair, prone-to- redness, clogged pores and breakouts (including the stress-induced cyst at times), sometimes sensitive skin. I currently use Retin-A gel in the .01 and .025 strengths for anti-aging and clear skin...but over the last few months, I was a slacker. Going to bed with makeup on, a few glasses of wine, the "what the heck?" syndrome. What a moron!

Then the "You have to be good to yourself" stuff started kicking in. Ha. 12 Steps. Floss and brush before bed. Say the "Serenity Prayer" even if you don't mean it. Get your dang hair cut---it looks like crap! What the heck? If you are too tired to do the cleansing "routine" before bed, then do it earlier! Eat right.

Even though I now use the MD Forte Level III cleanser (after a Fancl MCO oil cleanse), this particular product works as well as the glycolic treatment I get from esthetician! Pores and under-the-skin bumps clear like nobody's business!

HOWEVER--The first time I used this, I used directly after my pm cleansing and left on. Figured that my Retin-A use made my skin tolerant. FAIL.Woke up to red, irritated skin that later started super flaking.

Had to use a triple antibiotic ointment to calm my skin. But about two days later, the havoc wreaked upon my skin from trying to be the perfect person during the holiday (stressful) madness was much improved. Under skin bumps lessened...pores much cleaner.

So...what to do?

Solution: use this *excellent glycolic* as my esthetician, who actually cares about my skin, does: one/week apply for about 15 minutes (using a fan to cool the tingling sensation if necessary), rinse, and apply a hydrating moisturizer. I really am in love with MD Formulations Moisture Defense Antioxidant lotion. I layer a bit of the antibiotic ointment if necessay to heal. I use the antibiotic ointment treatment as it was suggested by my derm when I had a TCA peel ages ago. Voila! Skin is not red, but the glycolic acids do their work. Glowing, de-flaked skin. Maybe a hint of dryness, but nothing a bit of moisturizer can't fix. If it was worse than this, I wouldn't go for it!

The MD Forte III really adds some extra power to my Retin-A routine by removing the surface flakes without irritation. Maybe younger, more tolerant skins can take this as a leave-on, but if you are curious-yet-hesitant, the above is a good way to start and gauge how your skin reacts to high glycolic levels. Bon chance! Highly recommend.

OMG! Very good results with this lotion, unexpected. I have used level III cleanser. Bought Level III lotion without trying level I or II. My skin is very happy with this glycolic level. Dried out my recent break out over night. Skin looks more even toned overall. Definitely a keeper!

Popular Face Skincare Products