L'Oreal HiP Concentrated Duo - Devious #336

L'Oreal HiP Concentrated Duo - Devious #336
L'Oreal HIP Duo in DeviousLoreal HIP Duo eye shadowL'oreal H.I.P Duo in Devious

4.4

When I first got this duo I hated it. Then I realized that they are doomed to failure if you try to use them as a duo. The colors do not work well together--the green is a cool color and the brown is a warm bronze. They are far more successful used individually. The colors are not complimentary and are too dark to use together on my skin and the result is not attractive. Perhaps it would work better on darker skin.

I cannot use the green on my lid as it does not go with my skin tone. I occasionally use it for accent/crease. It is such a wonderful different shade of green.

Both colors are highly pigmented and last all day. All of the Loreal HIP shadows that I have tried except Shady are very pigmented. They are so pigmented that they are a little hard to blend. They kind of stick to the lid exactly where you put the brush.

UPDATE: I am now obsessed with the brown in this duo so I upped this to 5 lippies. It is so awesome. Slight shimmer, coppery color. Very beautiful on warm medium skin tones. I started using it as a lid color and so long as I use a liner, it is beautiful. I still don't use the colors together.

on 6/5/2010 6:03:00 PM

The colors in this duo are very pretty- olive green and dark bronze- and they match my eye color (I have flecks of both colors in my eyes)! It does have some shimmer.
The packaging for me was just OK. I didn't think that it was extremely attractive, and I hurt myself trying to figure out how to open it... That was actually probably mostly my fault...
This stuff goes on smoothly and stays. The color that it is in the package is almost the exact color on my skin (I'm fair).
I recommend this to everyone.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a really nice eyeshadow duo. The green side is a lovely khaki color. I do have to layer this color a couple of times to get the intensity I want. The brown side is my favorite-a gorgeous bronze color that doesn't look orange on my NC40 skintone. The pigmentation on the bronze shadow is much better than the khaki color but they both have great staying power.

on 10/29/2009 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is quite possibly my favorite of all the HiP duos. I love the green, especially, it has so much color depth to it. It's mossy green, gold and khaki all at once. The shadows are very pigmented and easy to work with, and they last all day with a primer.

A really simple pretty eye I did with this: I put the green all over the lid extending up slightly onto the brow bone, then the brown in the outer V, blending up and out. The result was a beautiful smokey eye.

The packaging is a bit bulky. The extra compartment at the back with the tiny mirror and spongey that no one uses was completely unecessary. It's big enough you could stick a ring or something small in there, seriously. Thus I gave the packaging a 3.

HiP stuff is generally too expensive for my tastes, but luckily there's a HiP BOGOF @ Walgreen's this week, so I jumped on it. Honestly, I probably wouldn't buy these if they weren't on BOGO.

on 10/16/2009 3:47:00 PM

Very pigmented e/s and it lasts all day with a base. The colours are blendable and it is really smooth to apply. I like the green alot better than the brown colour in this duo case. The brown looks a bit dirty on my skin which I don't use it that often. Cute but small mirror at the bottom of the case.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I've had this one for a while. In this duo you get a green and brown basically. They both have great color pay off and both blend well. NC50/55

on 7/23/2009 6:52:00 PM

I already own Shady and this Duo interested me too. I bought it for the green side but have only worn the bronzey side. I like it on the lid with mascara, I don't even need liner. With a base first (L'Oreal Decrease) it's really long lasting to me. I'm sure I'll buy more Duos before I'm done ;)

on 6/10/2009 1:33:00 PM

I bought this for the green shade, but was disappointed because neither of the sides are that well pigmented, which is strange because most of the other HIP duos have great pigmentation.

The shadows are highly pigmented. I particularly like the green better than the brown. The green is a shimmery mossy green colour, very unique but I found the brown colour quite flat and a bit red for my taste. I never where these two together, works better on its own I think.

on 5/16/2009 3:22:00 PM

ROP/ continue for photo example....I love the HIP duos. The packaging is really cute, and even tho I don't like to use sponge applicators, you can store one underneath for on the go and touch ups. I wonder if I can find a brush small enough to fit?? The price is a little high for drugstore, so I get mine when the are bogo. The quality is really good, and they are very pigmented. They are creamy and not too crumbly. They crumble less if you apply them with a brush and pat/ pack the color on your eyes and build the color. I don't ever wear anything but pinks, mauves, and purples, and browns...so I was very intrigued by the green and brown combo. If you are tired of plain brown like I was, I highly recommend this! I love to place the green on my lid, put the brown in the crease, and for a more smokey eye I pair this with the Mischief duo, with the blue in the outer v and the gold/cream color as a highlight, it is gorgeous! If you love neutral brown or gold looks try out the green as a light liner under your eyes or on the lid or crease, especially if you have brown eyes, the green is a great toned down color that makes your eyes pop. Here is a light smokey eye I used these colors in

Full Size Image