Physicians Formula Plump Potion - Pink Potion

Physicians Formula Plump Potion - Pink Potion

3.4

on 9/20/2017 1:34:00 PM

So, I am a HUGE lip product person. I'm down to try anything and everything. I also am a fan of PF. I decided to try this guy on a whim because I was looking for a super for my favorite MAC gloss. I actually really enjoy it. The smell isn't as bad as I'm reading and I like the tingle I get. However, I don't know if maybe I just got a defective tube, but my brush applicator is horrendous. All of the bristles point every which way, making it difficult to apply. It makes me not want to use it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this on a whim and I'm very happy I did. It isn't as plumping as, say, Too Faced Lip Injection, but those who are more sensitive to ingredients will be happy to note it is a more comfortable formula. It does produce a very slight plumping effect that goes away after about an hour.

You get a decent amount of product, packaging is sleek and secure. The color is a shimmery very pale, ice pink. Not everyone's cup of tea I'm sure, but if it's too pale for your taste it would work well over a lipstick too. I happen to think it is pretty, the color is rather subtle but the shine will knock you on your feet. Also this formula is sticky, which can be an annoyance to some but for me it is fine. I don't mind sticky lipglosses such as this and MAC's, because the staying power is very good.

The price tag ($10.49) is verging on "up there" for a gloss, but when I compare this to Buxom's line of plumping glosses (which are awesome as well), or the Lip Injection line, I don't see a massive difference TBH. I feel like the only major discrepancy is that Physicans Formula hasn't come out with a huge shade range, which I wish they would! This was the only color I saw on display but if there were more, I would gladly buy them.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I really like how this looks on the lips. It is not magic but it does have a slight plumping effect. I need a new one but can no longer find it in stores.

on 3/22/2016 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I wanted the clear version but they were out so I got this. I don't mind the color but I would prefer the clear I think. Yes yes yes! This is awesome! What a great drugstore find! Thank you all on MUA for leading me to this. It does plump, it does smooth out lines and soften lips and the gloss is very long lasting.
This is indeed a potion which magical spell only lasts for about an hour but even after the plumping goes down, my lips still look amazing. I like to blot some of the excess gloss off after it's had its time to plump because I like a more natural look but I would recommend applying about 15 minutes before you walk onto the scene (meeting a date, entering the club/bar, reunion) and reapply whenever you feel the magic wearing off.

I can easily name the number one reason I like this product so much when it has a few unlikable qualities, and don't need the plumping factor because I already have full lips. So, whats so great? It KEEPS my lips baby soft after it has worn off about an hour later, through food and drinks. Though I don't like the stickiness and thickness of this product and wanted the clear version, but couldn't get my hands on it, this will do. I like the slightly pink tone and slight shimmer it gives my lips because it adds to the fullness making them look delectably juicy. It stays on much longer than any other lip product I've ever used, so I can look over the downsides because overall it works. I like the minty tingle I get when it's on my lips, and so in love with how soft my lips are after it has gone away. It's a fair price as well. Next time I will order the clear version online, but wouldn't mind if I had to buy this again. 2 thumbs up!!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this gloss, it has cinnamon and another chemical which has a cholinergic effect on cells, it stimulates your lips to swell, I put it over a rose color lipstick and since I'm 40 it gives me that youthful fresh lips, it is sticky but a little goes a long way, I just dab a dot on my lips and it does the job without the stickyness, the swelling and stickyness usually goes away but leaves your lips super smooth and moisturized, love my 16 yr old lips!! Woo :0o

on 4/13/2011 11:10:00 AM

I purchased this in Pink Potion when my local drugstore was having a 40% off sale on all PF products. It does make my lips feel nice, and it's more clear on me than actually pink. However, the smell bothers me so much it actually makes my stomach hurt....and it doesn't seem to fade. I actually had to stop what I was doing to remove the gloss about 30 minutes after applying. It reminds me of one of those tingly tanning lotions I used back in my 20s when I was still silly enough to get into a tanning bed. I'm afraid I'm going to have to take it back. One reviewer added peppermint oil to her bottle and that seemed to help. I'm not sure I love this enough to go through the trouble, though.

The Plump Potions are soooo sticky! I had such high hopes for this product because I really like PF brand. I bought it at CVS when they had PF brand on sale for buy one get one half off. I bought this color and the Nude Potion color. My hair would get stuck to my lips after I applied this. The smell is not so great but I didn't really mind it because it went away after a while. The plumping part stung my lips a little and I didn't notice a huge difference. My lips are kinda full to begin with and I just liked the color. It's a beautiful gloss with pink shimmer but I ended up throwing it away because I couldn't stand the thickness or stickiness of it. The packaging is cute and sturdy just like most of their other products. It comes with a wand brush that I like but since it's so thick, it was hard to glide on my lips. If PF would remake this to a thinner formula, I would consider to keep using it but I wouldn't purchase this again no matter how much I like the color. It really felt like I had honey on my lips but a bad smelling, really pretty shade, stinging form of honey!

on 2/27/2012 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this lip gloss. Lately, I have been trying many different ones that are so so to me. I bought this one at riteaid because I had +up rewards from last week. It was 9.45 I think. I liked the idea of the plumper in the gloss so I said, what the heck and gave it a go. First off, I know some people do not like the thickness of this gloss but I LOVE it. I have dry lips and when I use the thinner glosses, my lips tend to just soak up all the moisture resulting in the color becoming flaky and gross looking. This gloss is thick and luscious! Went on so smooth (I put it on initially about an hour ago and I can still feel it on my lips moisturizing). As for the plumping power, yeah it tingles and burns and it does seem to make them look a tad bit puffier. Overall I loooove this product and will be going back to try other colors! The pink potion is a perfect pink color for my skin tone!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been using this lipgloss on and off for years. whenever I remember to use it or actually care about trying to have "plump lips," I go to this. it makes my lips really nice and like I maybe I had work done on them! I've tried the Victoria's Secret ones, and no other ones really. so far PF is my favorite. I like the sparkle ones the most. ❤️

Popular Lip Glosses