Orlane Bronzing Pressed Powder in Soleil Cuivre 02

Orlane Bronzing Pressed Powder in Soleil Cuivre 02

4.3

Talc, zea mays (corn starch), aluminum silicate, nylon-12, caprylic/capric triglyceride, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, glyceryl isostearate, cyclomethicone, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, octyldodecanol, caldium aluminum borosilicate, methylparaben, boron nitride, ethylparaben, sorbitan olivate, propylparaben, parfum (fragrance), silica, lauroyl lysine, sinnondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, BHA, rosa canina fruit oil, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, butylparaben, geraniol, hexyl cinnama [ /- (may contain): mica, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (boron oxides), CI 77742 (manganese violet)]. - L43620/00A

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Wow - this is by far the biggest pan of a powder product I’ve ever seen, even bigger than the Marc Jacobs O!Mega bronzer! The price wasn’t bad either, considering the quantity of product. The color is cinnamon brown with little to no pink undertone, blends quite nice and gives a sheer golden glow, sheer enough for fair skin tones or buildable to work up to a medium. It does run a bit on the dry side and is matte. The scent is a strange sweet floral but fades quickly. I typically don’t wear makeup any longer than 7-8 hours but haven’t noticed any fading or ill effects. I haven’t tried it anywhere else but on my face and neck (as a subtle contour).
I found it a tad disappointing the compact didn’t come in a box or wrapped in any way to prevent the compact from opening during handling, and the product barcode is printed on the back label telling me there never was a box to begin with.
This IMO makes it feel a little bit cheap. Overall the compact is reminiscent of an old school powder compact and stays closed with a tab button that you gotta press to open it. The huge size makes it a novelty and a nice item for bronzer lovers or those who like collecting unique makeup.

As stated before, this is a HUGE bronzer. It is actually meant for face and body, but I just use it on my face and neck with a huge bronzer brush to give an all-over sun-kissed glow. It really is a wonderful bronzer, not too dark and not too light, and I would say it isn't a true brown but more golden (not orange or yellow on my light-medium skin at all). It looks like there are tiny sparkles in the pan but it is matte when applied to skin. I think it is a perfect winter bronzer for lighter skin, although it might not be dark enough in the summer if you tan a lot.

EDIT: Two years later and I literally JUST hit pan in the middle a few days ago and I've used it a lot (if not daily, I skip a few months in the summer as I have the light shade which is great for winter). I've been using it daily the past months and I really think I'll be getting a year more out of it, lol.

on 8/17/2007 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My friends love this product!!! Unfortunately I have oily skin and when I use this bronzer it streaks and makes my skin look awful. I think it depends on the skin type.

The package is huge and it lasts forever.

on 1/24/2007 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow, this is a big bronzer! More than 4 1/2" across and 31g/1.09 oz. I stumbled across these at my local Shoppers and was very impressed with how silky and smooth these were. There are two colours (01 is more peachy) and this one is a soft light tan with *subtle* gold shimmer. On me (C3) this is really more of a winter bronzer or beauty powder. It just adds a hint of 'life' to my face and it's hard to over do this. Also seems to help with shine control.
This would be great for lighter skintones as well!

Ingredients: Talc, zea mays (corn starch), aluminum silicate, nylon-12, caprylic/capric triglyceride, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, glyceryl isostearate, cyclomethicone, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, octyldodecanol, caldium aluminum borosilicate, methylparaben, boron nitride, ethylparaben, sorbitan olivate, propylparaben, parfum (fragrance), silica, lauroyl lysine, sinnondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, BHA, rosa canina fruit oil, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, butylparaben, geraniol, hexyl cinnama [+/- (may contain): mica, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (boron oxides), CI 77742 (manganese violet)]. - L43620/00A