MAC Mac cremestick liner in gingerroot [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
MAC Mac cremestick liner in gingerroot [DISCONTINUED]
Enter Title

4.6

I am really sad that this seems to be discontinued -- this is the perfect neutral lipliner under peachy nude lipglasses. My only gripe about this is that the product breaks easily, but that's because it's a softer pencil.

on 2/20/2010 7:58:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have purchased this liner twice already. The color is a pretty sparkly pinky nude that goes with everything and has a wonderful creamy consistency. However, for the price, this lipliner (especially if you use it everyday) seems to run out in less than a month, so I took one lippie off. However, I'll continue to buy because the product is so good. I just wish that maybe MAC could make these in a pencil form so you could get more product for your money.

on 11/29/2009 10:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

While I might not like the kind of ginger root that goes *inside* my mouth, I am definitely a fan of the one that goes *on* it.
I'll be honest - I'm not a huge fan of lipliners. I understand their benefit as a means of precision & definition, but I find them fairly difficult to apply and extremely obvious to see - neither of which make them winners in my book. But... then came gingerroot.
First off, let's talk about the formulation: cremestick liners are a *dream*. If you have issues with regular pencil-like lipliners, don't abandon hope - instead, get yourself to your nearest MAC counter and make a beeline for these lovely lip products. The texture is smooth & creamy... there is absolutely no dragging and no harsh lines, which allows for a soft and subtle lining of the lips. In fact, you can even get away with wearing these on your pout all on their own, or just adding some gloss on top for some shine. And, of course, fill in your lips with the liner & it's perfect for layering under lipsticks for longer wear throughout the day.
The color is also pretty perfect... a true, natural color with just the slightest hint of peachy-pink (& absolutely no orange to be seen) which makes it perfect to layer under virtually any lipstick (except for maybe plums & wines - though you can definitely get away with wearing it under reds to prevent the color from bleeding, while staying away from the harsh look red lipliners can give sometimes).
All in all, a natural & useful product if the need for a lipliner ever happens upon you.

Awesome color!! No orange ~ I hate orange makeup!!

on 8/14/2009 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I finally found a lipliner for my nude lipsticks that not too brown! Yea! I have a few nude lipsticks where I love the color in the tube but not on my lips because it washes me out and makes me look dead. (I have very fair, pale skin.) This lipliner intensifies those nude lipsticks just enough to make them wearable.
I also like that I don't have to sharpen this pencil, but other reviewers have noted that you get less product out of it compared to a regular pencil.
$14.50 is expensive for a lip pencil, but for me it was a great shade so I just bought it. Anyone know if there is a good drugstore dup?

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this prior to rocking my nude lippies :)

on 4/5/2008 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Creme liner (so it goes fast-would give it a 4 or 5 for packaging if it was a regular crayon). Went on my lips very smoothly, no need for balm. It is the perfect shade. Maybe too perfect? if i apply lightly i cannot even see it! so i go over my lips about 2-3 times to "cancel" out my lip color. I top it with some gloss and it's the perfect neutral "nude" lip to go with darker eyes or just a day look! Not too brown, pink, grey, orange or whatever-it's the perfect pinky nude ml's shade. Will definitley re-purchase. :)

Just got this at the MAC counter today and I LOVE it already. I'm usually a Subculture girl and I love how this color is smilarly nude for my fairly pigmented lips, but has that slightly pearlescent sheen to it. It has stayed on pretty well since this morning too. Definitely YLBB!!

on 4/8/2007 11:43:00 AM

This is truly a beautiful "nude" lipliner. Other lines I've tried are either too pink, too beige, or too brown. Gingerroot is truly a gorgeous neutral flesh coloured pink!!! Although the staying power is not as great as spice, the colour is absolutely beautiful. It's very natural looking so you can wear it on its own, or under lip gloss. The only complaint I have is that the the liner does not last as long as the pencil.

on 2/12/2007 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Great pearly pinky nude neutral l/l. Similar to vgv l/s so it looks great paired with it but I prefer to wear peachier l/s for a peachy pink color. Also looks good with clear l/g. Very pearly subtle l/l, just wish it was more peachy on my non pigmented lips.