MAC Mac cremestick liner in gingerroot [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Combination
MAC Mac cremestick liner in gingerroot [DISCONTINUED]
Enter Title

4.9

I am really sad that this seems to be discontinued -- this is the perfect neutral lipliner under peachy nude lipglasses. My only gripe about this is that the product breaks easily, but that's because it's a softer pencil.

on 2/20/2010 7:58:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have purchased this liner twice already. The color is a pretty sparkly pinky nude that goes with everything and has a wonderful creamy consistency. However, for the price, this lipliner (especially if you use it everyday) seems to run out in less than a month, so I took one lippie off. However, I'll continue to buy because the product is so good. I just wish that maybe MAC could make these in a pencil form so you could get more product for your money.

on 11/29/2009 10:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

While I might not like the kind of ginger root that goes *inside* my mouth, I am definitely a fan of the one that goes *on* it.
I'll be honest - I'm not a huge fan of lipliners. I understand their benefit as a means of precision & definition, but I find them fairly difficult to apply and extremely obvious to see - neither of which make them winners in my book. But... then came gingerroot.
First off, let's talk about the formulation: cremestick liners are a *dream*. If you have issues with regular pencil-like lipliners, don't abandon hope - instead, get yourself to your nearest MAC counter and make a beeline for these lovely lip products. The texture is smooth & creamy... there is absolutely no dragging and no harsh lines, which allows for a soft and subtle lining of the lips. In fact, you can even get away with wearing these on your pout all on their own, or just adding some gloss on top for some shine. And, of course, fill in your lips with the liner & it's perfect for layering under lipsticks for longer wear throughout the day.
The color is also pretty perfect... a true, natural color with just the slightest hint of peachy-pink (& absolutely no orange to be seen) which makes it perfect to layer under virtually any lipstick (except for maybe plums & wines - though you can definitely get away with wearing it under reds to prevent the color from bleeding, while staying away from the harsh look red lipliners can give sometimes).
All in all, a natural & useful product if the need for a lipliner ever happens upon you.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this prior to rocking my nude lippies :)

best neutral pink color, stays put perfect under lipgloss

on 7/17/2007 9:51:00 AM

This is my new go-to color for lip liner. I usually use Subculture, but now I am a Gingerroot junkie! I really like the subtle shimmer and creamy texture of these liners. Gingerroot is a neutral fleshy pink shade that might not work as well if you have more pigmented lips. My only gripe is that I go through these like nothing else, since they are softer and more creamy than the regular MAC liners and there is less product in this type of pencil. I do like that it doesn't need to be sharpened.

Just got this at the MAC counter today and I LOVE it already. I'm usually a Subculture girl and I love how this color is smilarly nude for my fairly pigmented lips, but has that slightly pearlescent sheen to it. It has stayed on pretty well since this morning too. Definitely YLBB!!