MAC Mac cremestick liner in gingerroot [DISCONTINUED]

MAC Mac cremestick liner in gingerroot [DISCONTINUED]
Enter Title

4.7

I am really sad that this seems to be discontinued -- this is the perfect neutral lipliner under peachy nude lipglasses. My only gripe about this is that the product breaks easily, but that's because it's a softer pencil.

on 11/29/2009 10:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

While I might not like the kind of ginger root that goes *inside* my mouth, I am definitely a fan of the one that goes *on* it.
I'll be honest - I'm not a huge fan of lipliners. I understand their benefit as a means of precision & definition, but I find them fairly difficult to apply and extremely obvious to see - neither of which make them winners in my book. But... then came gingerroot.
First off, let's talk about the formulation: cremestick liners are a *dream*. If you have issues with regular pencil-like lipliners, don't abandon hope - instead, get yourself to your nearest MAC counter and make a beeline for these lovely lip products. The texture is smooth & creamy... there is absolutely no dragging and no harsh lines, which allows for a soft and subtle lining of the lips. In fact, you can even get away with wearing these on your pout all on their own, or just adding some gloss on top for some shine. And, of course, fill in your lips with the liner & it's perfect for layering under lipsticks for longer wear throughout the day.
The color is also pretty perfect... a true, natural color with just the slightest hint of peachy-pink (& absolutely no orange to be seen) which makes it perfect to layer under virtually any lipstick (except for maybe plums & wines - though you can definitely get away with wearing it under reds to prevent the color from bleeding, while staying away from the harsh look red lipliners can give sometimes).
All in all, a natural & useful product if the need for a lipliner ever happens upon you.

on 10/22/2009 10:11:00 AM

I love this lipliner. I have very pale lips so I use liner everyday. I usually use a more brown color to accentuate my lips more but this liner is fantastic. At first I thought it was too light for me, but once I put it on and applied Love Nectar lusterglass on top, it's gorgeous. The perfect nude lip!! I will definitely repurchase this.

Awesome color!! No orange ~ I hate orange makeup!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this prior to rocking my nude lippies :)

best neutral pink color, stays put perfect under lipgloss

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Gingerroot is a fabulous, very subtle iridescent pink nude shade. I use this with every light or nude pink lipstick and gloss that I own (Dior Jersey Pink lipgloss, Chanel Naive Rouge Allure, Nars Mitzi, Laura Mercier Tea Rose, MAC Bare Slimshine, L'oreal Taffeta...the list goes on and on. It's that versatile!). It's almost the same color as my lips. Super smooth in texture and very long-lasting.

on 9/6/2008 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

After trying to find a good nude lipliner for some time, I ordered this online. I am very happy with the color. It's a fleshy color that tones down the pink of my lips to a more nude tone. It's not too orange, too brown or too dark. This liner is great for lipsticks like Hug Me, Viva Glam V, and with neutral glosses as well. Very wearable nude for me. The product is creamy, and I do like the fact it doesn't need sharpened.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I adore Gingerroot Cremestick Pearl Liner! It is *THE* perfect nude shade and works with soft pinks, peaches and soft beige colours so nicely. The formula is creamy and very easy to apply and is also incredibly long wearing and feather-resistant too. I use it when I have a smoky eye look and I want a paired down lip. Such a handy pencil to have on hand! For times when Spice is a bit too much, try Gingerroot!

on 1/30/2008 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I *finally* found my HG lipliner. I have been on the search for this for a very, very long time. What I've been looking for: a not too brown, not to red, not too pink-y or peach-y liner that goes on easily and stays put -- in short, everything that this is! The color is a wonderful neutral shade that works wonderfully on my sorta cool-toned skin and looks good with nearly all my favorite lipsticks. Further, when this rubs off throughout the day, it does not leave brown or red undertones; the color stays true. I am a huge fan of this lipliner and would happily repurchase!