MAC Mac cremestick liner in gingerroot [DISCONTINUED]

Enter Title

4.7

on 2/20/2010 7:58:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have purchased this liner twice already. The color is a pretty sparkly pinky nude that goes with everything and has a wonderful creamy consistency. However, for the price, this lipliner (especially if you use it everyday) seems to run out in less than a month, so I took one lippie off. However, I'll continue to buy because the product is so good. I just wish that maybe MAC could make these in a pencil form so you could get more product for your money.

on 11/29/2009 10:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

While I might not like the kind of ginger root that goes *inside* my mouth, I am definitely a fan of the one that goes *on* it.
I'll be honest - I'm not a huge fan of lipliners. I understand their benefit as a means of precision & definition, but I find them fairly difficult to apply and extremely obvious to see - neither of which make them winners in my book. But... then came gingerroot.
First off, let's talk about the formulation: cremestick liners are a *dream*. If you have issues with regular pencil-like lipliners, don't abandon hope - instead, get yourself to your nearest MAC counter and make a beeline for these lovely lip products. The texture is smooth & creamy... there is absolutely no dragging and no harsh lines, which allows for a soft and subtle lining of the lips. In fact, you can even get away with wearing these on your pout all on their own, or just adding some gloss on top for some shine. And, of course, fill in your lips with the liner & it's perfect for layering under lipsticks for longer wear throughout the day.
The color is also pretty perfect... a true, natural color with just the slightest hint of peachy-pink (& absolutely no orange to be seen) which makes it perfect to layer under virtually any lipstick (except for maybe plums & wines - though you can definitely get away with wearing it under reds to prevent the color from bleeding, while staying away from the harsh look red lipliners can give sometimes).
All in all, a natural & useful product if the need for a lipliner ever happens upon you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have lipliner issues. My lips are fairly pigmented, I love a nude look, and I don't wear lipliner all that often, but I'm always keeping an eye out for a lipliner that might help cancel out my lip color and help my nude lipsticks look more true to color. From other reviews, it seemed as though this liner did that, so I ordered one. But on me, I'm afraid, it doesn't lighten my lips at all. It warms them a bit and adds pearl, but the depth of color remains about the same. I'm still giving it a 4, because this is a nice texture and I think will be really versatile for me since it doesn't change the shade of my lips much. But then, since I'm a lipliner slacker, I don't know how often I'll actually reach for a liner that doesn't do exactly what I was hoping it would do.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Gingerroot is a fabulous, very subtle iridescent pink nude shade. I use this with every light or nude pink lipstick and gloss that I own (Dior Jersey Pink lipgloss, Chanel Naive Rouge Allure, Nars Mitzi, Laura Mercier Tea Rose, MAC Bare Slimshine, L'oreal Taffeta...the list goes on and on. It's that versatile!). It's almost the same color as my lips. Super smooth in texture and very long-lasting.

I am really sad that this seems to be discontinued -- this is the perfect neutral lipliner under peachy nude lipglasses. My only gripe about this is that the product breaks easily, but that's because it's a softer pencil.

Awesome color!! No orange ~ I hate orange makeup!!

on 9/6/2008 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

After trying to find a good nude lipliner for some time, I ordered this online. I am very happy with the color. It's a fleshy color that tones down the pink of my lips to a more nude tone. It's not too orange, too brown or too dark. This liner is great for lipsticks like Hug Me, Viva Glam V, and with neutral glosses as well. Very wearable nude for me. The product is creamy, and I do like the fact it doesn't need sharpened.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I adore Gingerroot Cremestick Pearl Liner! It is *THE* perfect nude shade and works with soft pinks, peaches and soft beige colours so nicely. The formula is creamy and very easy to apply and is also incredibly long wearing and feather-resistant too. I use it when I have a smoky eye look and I want a paired down lip. Such a handy pencil to have on hand! For times when Spice is a bit too much, try Gingerroot!

on 1/30/2008 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I *finally* found my HG lipliner. I have been on the search for this for a very, very long time. What I've been looking for: a not too brown, not to red, not too pink-y or peach-y liner that goes on easily and stays put -- in short, everything that this is! The color is a wonderful neutral shade that works wonderfully on my sorta cool-toned skin and looks good with nearly all my favorite lipsticks. Further, when this rubs off throughout the day, it does not leave brown or red undertones; the color stays true. I am a huge fan of this lipliner and would happily repurchase!

on 7/17/2007 9:51:00 AM

This is my new go-to color for lip liner. I usually use Subculture, but now I am a Gingerroot junkie! I really like the subtle shimmer and creamy texture of these liners. Gingerroot is a neutral fleshy pink shade that might not work as well if you have more pigmented lips. My only gripe is that I go through these like nothing else, since they are softer and more creamy than the regular MAC liners and there is less product in this type of pencil. I do like that it doesn't need to be sharpened.