Boots No7 Protect and Perfect beauty serum

Boots  No7 Protect and Perfect beauty serum
No7 Protect and Perfect beauty serum

3.4

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethicone Copolyol, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium PCA, Retinyl Palmitate, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Lupinus Albus Seed Extract, Carbomer, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Morus Alba Leaf Extract, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7

I have used 4 of these serums and I have not seen any difference to my skin. Maybe it is the type of skin that I have, but what usually happens in the morning after having this serum all night on, I end up with very greasy film on my skin. I do not think I am using this properly because I do not apply the night cream afterwards - only because the cream is too heavy. I dont think it is a bad serum but just nothing that I would really rave about.

on 8/23/2016 12:18:00 AM

It smells like half-dry rubber cement, which is not exactly a pleasant facial experience.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I purchased this product after hearing raving reviews about it, but was quite disappointed. After using it for several months and seeing no real changes and then taking to Beautypedia to look up this serum's ingredients, I've quickly discovered it's essentially useless. I originally only spot treated around my mouth with this, no where else, but upon learning that it wasn't going to do anything, figured I would begin using it all over my face just to get through the bottle. I quickly discovered that this serum makes for a VERY patchy, cakey foundation application, even after using a primer and giving the serum time to soak in. I made a couple different attempts and each time I had to wash my face and start over. So not only is it useless, it interferes with your makeup.

The lesson I learned was that Beautypedia will actually go through the ingredients lists and tell you whether something even has the chemical potential to improve your skin and I don't think I'll ever make a skin care purchase without consulting their site.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Hello all!

I thought it was time I wrote a review for this gigantically successful ant-wrinkle cream:

It became an overnight sensation after a clinical study conducted by Proff. Regan came to the conclusion and fact that this cream does indeed reduce wrinkles and is more effective (MUCH more) than all the leading and designer moisturisers which were used in this study. So it turned out that it was medically and scientifically backed up as a fact but also, it costs over a one-hundreth times the price of say, Creme De La Mere.

You have heard the expression, "If it sounds too good to be true, then that's because it is"

So here is the catch: Boots N7 Protect and Repair was found to reduce wrinkles on a MICROSCOPIC level. Which means that it does reduce wrinkles but, in no way that is visible! Naturally, even though it was only microscopic, it was now a scientific fact and it was exploited and sold to the public who all heard that this product has been proven scientifically to reduce wrinkles. But what they are not telling you is that the effects are so incredibly small (indeed, only visual through a microscope!) that, once again, they are just selling you a dream.

I have said this in most of my reviews and I cannot stress it enough: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN ANTI-WRINKLE CREAM!!! Yes, they may improve the health and beauty of the skin, BUT,,, they do NOT get rid of wrinkles. PLEASE don't use your hard earned cash to buy a product that is absolutely no different, in the fight against wrinkles, to plain Nivea cream!

Having said, that, it is not extortionately priced and it does make your skin look better... just don't be fooled into thinking it will get rid of wrinkles. That is simply a biological impossibility. And it goes for ALL moisturising creams labelled "anti-wrinkle"

All the skin of your face really wants is hydration (oils, not water) so simple Nivea Cream does exactly the same job with respect to wrinkles than all the designer, high-end creams which only make your skin look better because they have other nourishing ingredients. But DO NOT expect your wrinkles to fly off as soon as you use these products!!

The harsh truth is that the only way to get rid of wrinkles properly is with Botox or Dermafiller (side bar: always ask for this specific make: "Juvederm" for hyaluronic acid injections) or surgery.

I'm not saying stop buying it... after all, it is reasonably priced. But don't let them fool you into thinking your are going to see your wrinkles disappear.

The deal with Boots N7 Protect and Perfect is that it was quite simply using an incredibly lucky circumstance (that it worked on a microscopic level) and then use this together with great marketing in order to make the consumer desperate to buy it. When the televised program with Proff. Regan was broadcast, EVERYONE rushed to their local Boots. Some branches even had to put up signs saying they don't have any more stock for this product! I personally went out down to Oxford Street in search of a bottle and about everyone were in a frenzy and bought and bought!

You might remember the hype that was made with "Pom", the pomegranate juice which had undergone a study which SUGGESTED that it prevented cancer. Simply because they had scientific proof (even though it was so close minuscule it was practically non-existent) people bought into it in this same manner. If you do remember Pom and all that hype, let me tell you something you did not know... guess who funded the medical trials? Yep, you guessed it... Pom paid for that trial.

Now, I am not saying that this was the same deal with Boots N7 Protect and Perfect... I am not suggesting at all that Boots funded the trials and I CERTAINLY am not suggesting Proff. Regan sold out for the money. I know Proff. Regan and I can safely say she would never sell out like that. She did, naturally, make a lot of money by endorsing Boots N7 Protect and Repair but it seems to me Boots's marketing team simply snuck in very quickly the fact that it reduced wrinkles on a microscopic level and then left it at that - now they could say it is medically proven and so we are all told and convinced of its potential. This is simply a case of using what is actually negligible medical evidence to promote a product. I happen to be a doctor and I have researched cosmetic products for years. There is quite simply no other way to say it... THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN ANTI-WRINKLE CREAM!!!

If you really want to get the best skin products which I have found, take a look at the list of products which I have reviewed. You are more than welcome to message me with questions.

My love to all of you and remember... don't give into obscenely large prices when it comes to creams... especially if you are doing so in the hopes of reducing wrinkles!

on 8/25/2015 1:18:00 PM

A bit pricey but it leaves skin feeling supple.

I discovered this product from watching the "Dr. Phil" Show. A few months ago, he had someone on the show singing the praises of this serum from across the pond. Apparently, when this product debuted in England, there were lines around the local apothecary. The hub-bub about this product was due to supposed research that proved this stuff really does diminish wrinkles. Critics were quick to point out that the research was done by the company that makes this product so they might be a little biased but whatever. I am on my 3rd bottle of this stuff and I am a believer. The expressions lines in my forehead and the number 11 between my brows are much less pronounced. I am using this product faithfully Am and PM under make-up. I also use retinol products but I am convinced this serum and the Matrixyl 3000 complex are helping to reduce the depth of my expression lines. Thankfully it is affordably priced as well. I can get it at my local Walgreens and it periodically goes on sale . When I get it on sale it's only $23.00. A bottle will last me about a month. I will continue to use this one. A keeper!

on 4/7/2015 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Have been using the serum on my face very happily for years in conjunction with the eye cream and moisturiser in the same range. Was travelling and forgot my eye cream so simply continued with the serum and moisturiser- wow! It looks like I have had a huge allergic reaction exactly like that described by another contributor here. Massively puffy eyes, one more than the other (?), huge water-filled bags under my eyes which are very itchy and my skin around my eyes is sore, itchy and bright red. Feeling very stupid as I've been to the doctor (out of hours as its a holiday) and reassured her I hadn't changed my face cream - I hadn't, but I had changed the way I used it. I finally had an eureka moment and decided to look online to see if that could be the cause. I was so relieved to read from other people who have had the same experience. I have been a fan of this for many years, but will stop now as I have lost faith. To be fair, it doesn't say it is an eye cream but it doesn't say to keep it clear of the eye area either. I was using the Protect and Perfect Advanced Serum which states it is hypo-allergenic.

on 9/26/2014 6:12:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

At 83, I think I am eligible to comment on this product. I have used it for one week, and already I can see an improvement in my skin texture. I don't wear a lot of makeup, but I do use a moisturiser every day. My regime is to moisturise first and then spread a pea-size amount of Protect & Perfect Intense all over my face. The moisturiser seems to help in this. In fact, I find there is usually enough to do at least part of my neck, too. As regards the smell, I can't comment, because age has robbed me of that sense. So far, nobody has "backed off", so I must assume that there isn't a problem there. I know a week isn't long to form a judgment, so I'll post again if things go haywire! My only advice is: if you are old, like me, don't use heavy makeup, particularly if you have had your cataracts done - as I have! It gives one a real shock.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This review is for the Protect and Perfect INTENSE serum (they have a Protect and Perfect serum as well, that I guess is not as intense? Weird).

The sorta low score on this product surprises me! The reason being is there is so much hype about this product, and it seems well-deserved. Good Housekeeping did a study/survey on the best anti-aging product out there, and they were super impressed with this one. So that's why I bought it last week at Walgreen's, on sale for $18.74. I got the tube version because the pump bottle seems like it would be hard to open and get every last drop out of.

So far, so good. The product feels really good on the skin and makes it look poreless and smoother. It makes fine lines look less noticeable, probably due to the silicones. The one problem is, it's not very liquidy so kind of have to use a lot of product. I need a little more than a pea-sized amount just to cover my whole face (and I probably should be using more). Forget my neck...if I applied it to my neck, too, this tiny tube would probably only last me a few weeks! And if I applied it twice daily as directed...well, I would be out witihn two weeks easily. Definitely a minus. Anyway, no irritation or burning. It feels gentle. And I am impressed with the ingredients (sodium PCA, pro-retinol, and a nice cocktail of anti-oxidants).

As far as long term results go, I've only been using it for a few days...but I will repost results later.

This did help reduce the wrinkles on my forehead which was surprising. When I put my foundation on the lines looked more prominent again though! It feels quite nice to put on and you cant tell you have it on once you put it on. I just find serums too expensive and dont like the fact I am putting loads of chemicals on my skin. Also it did seem to lessen some shine I had without looking completely matte.