Physicians Formula CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Foundation

2.4

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral

EDIT. I no longer use this foundation and have reverted to my favorite Maybelline Stay Pur powder foundation instead. After giving this a break for awhile, I tried it again and realized, even when applied sparingly, how incredibly mask like and "made up" it looks. Please disregard everything that I wrote before. When somebody asks you what makeup you're wearing, and doesn't say....."you have nice skin", you KNOW it's not a good look. Still use the L'Oreal mineral glow loose powder mentioned below as my blush.....a dead ringer for BE clear radiance, and actually apples much more evenly.

I agree that the packaging of this foundation leaves a lot to be desired. But if you use just a TINY bit of this foundation, I think the results are terrific. I am in my fifties, have good skin, and this makes it look even better. In fact, a woman I've known for years and who has never commented on my makeup actually asked me what I was wearing because she said my skin looked so even toned. I top it off with L'oreal's all over mineral color in either nude glow or pink glow, used as blush. I'm quite fair, so I chose the "classic ivory" in this foundation. . If you squeeze just a bit on the brush and then put your fingers in the product and apply it to your face with your fingers, being careful to MOISTURIZE first (I use Banana Boat Sunscreen), I think this foundation does a good job. I'm pleased with it, and I think part of the problem with this foundation may be if you're using too much.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

DRYING!

I am a fair skinned/olive complected combo skin having freak when it comes to foundations.

Having hit my 30's I started to notice fine lines and wanted to start doing all I could to combat them as well as hide and or correct dark eye circles that are inevitable in being a mother.

I picked up the foundation and the concealor and used them both today for the first time. I wanted to wait a couple of hours to see how it was wearing etc. before reviewing.

So far so good! I have had no issues with facial "freezing" or caking(I made sure to use a good mouturizer underneath) and really didn't have any issues in application.

The tube didn't leak near the brush, and I found taht when using it the same as you would any foundation brush presented no issues.

All in all I would say I would 100% repurchase.

on 2/20/2007 5:00:00 PM

I haven't tried this yet--I will later today and this week. I just wanted to leave my mark here so I wouldn't forget to review it. Right now it's on sale at Walgreens, and there's a rebate online so the product is free. At that cost, I'll try any cosmetic! I'm only 25, but my eyes have been subjected to 10+ years of contact tugging, and so I thought this might help them smooth out, in addition to covering my horrendous dark circles. I bought Classic Ivory, and we'll see how it matches.
EDIT: Okay, so now I've tried it. *Tries not to laugh* This is awful, awful stuff! It only covers my wrinkle-free cheeks smoothly, but forget about the 2 teensy forehead lines and the smile line on either side of my mouth! It filled in the creases prominently, and when I blended them out, filled them in again (and again)! The color was pretty good, however, and my cream blushes blended right in with the formula nicely. I used the Olay Microdermabrasian last night, and should look very smooth today, but this highlights every tiny speck of dry skin that remains. Holy cow, this stuff is terrible. I'm so glad I mailed in the rebate form--this isn't even worth the sale price--it makes me look even older! I didn't notice any "freezing" of my skin--except where it made a wrinkle under my right eye that lasted hours after I washed it off! My face is not tight and dry with it on; rather it's dewy, and I can keep blending away the creased parts with my fingertips. Did it not "set" properly on my skin? continued >>

on 1/24/2007 5:20:00 PM

This product is scary. It actually "froze" my face so that I couldn't smile -- the corners of my lips turned down instead of up! Thank goodness that those effects wore off after an hour. Then the makeup started to "flake". I chose the ivory which was really too light for my pale skin, made me look like I was dead. I am going to return it to the drugstore where I purchased it. I guess I got a glimpse into how "botox" would work on me -- no thanks, I'll take the wrinkles!