Physicians Formula CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Physicians Formula CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Foundation

1.3

on 7/15/2008 5:21:00 PM

I really expected to hate this product because of the terrible reviews. In fact I almost returned it without even trying it because I was so sure I would hate it. I don't though. I actually like it pretty well so far. It has medium coverage and will not completely cover blemishes, but I think it looks very nice. It's not heavy like I expected it to be. It doesn't feel or look masklike to me. I did notice however that it WILL grab a hold of the powder you use over it and therefore using too much powder gave me the mask look. I recommend a translucent powder with this product. My skin looks really smooth and it actually makes my pores look really small. It's a very humid day today in Texas and my hair is frizzy, but my makeup looks just fine. I will wear this for a few days and give an update, but so far I think this stuff is super and am hoping that it can be my HG.
**UPDATE: I used this foundation for about a week and took it back. It felt nice and looked ok, but after one week my blemish free skin looked like a Totino's Pepperoni Pizza. I am NOT happy about this. I work very hard to keep my skin clear only to have it destroyed by one week of this foundation. Also, the crazy thing is, I swear it actually accentuated my wrinkles! I'm only 30 and am really not wrinkly but noticed myself seeing lots of new wrinkles while wearing this foundation. I thought it was just because I was focused on them since I was using a wrinkle fighting foundation, but now that I've quit using it for about a week I never see those wrinkles anymore. So, it made me look old and pimply. ICK! Never again!

on 4/29/2007 9:49:00 AM

This has to be one of the worst, if not THE WORST, foundations I have ever used! I'm in my mid-40s and thought I could benefit from this foundation. Instead of smoothing out the fine lines and pores, it only accentuated them, making them look bigger and deeper. And talk about a dry, pasty, cakey look! I always always use a very light hand with makeup, especially since I hit 40. I've found that lighter always looks better, but with this foundation, no matter how light I apply it, it looks heavy, thick, & cakey -- just absolutely awful. I tried applying it with every tool I had available to me -- the brush attached to the tube, with a sponge, my fingertips -- even my MAC and Valerie Beverly Hills foundation brushes didn't help! Using over primer didn't help either. Once again, I fell for the unique concept and packaging that PF is famous for and was once again, I was majorly disappointed!

on 3/30/2007 11:35:00 PM

This is the first PF product that has completely failed me. I like the mineral powders and the mineral liquid foundation. This was an "emergency" purchase while I was out of town. I had recently discovered the liquid mineral and liked it but had a full tube so I thought I would try this for something different.

I normally don't wear liquid foundation and if I do I just use it under my eyes or on blemishes. I prefer just to wear some powder most of the time but I was having a bad skin day. This was awful. Regardless of my bad skin day, I applied this and then went into the bathroom of the nearest Starbucks and washed it off - bad skin was better than this cakey mess :(

The color match was good, but unlike the mineral liquid it sat completely on top of my skin, was streaky, and dried me out within seconds. It was almost like applying a tinted clay mask.

Anyway, when I got back home I tried several methods of application - fingers, brush, sponge, thining it out with moisturizer, etc. Nothing works. It still looks and feels like a clay mask.

I tried again today to use it on my undereye circles from allergies and a blemish on my temple, but once again didn't make it past the door with this on my face. You know it is serious when I would rather leave the house with nasty circles and a huge blemish because the cover-up is worse!

I normally love PF products. I have never been dissapointed before. This just didn't work for me - still my favorite d/s line for powder and MMU tho.