Physicians Formula CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Physicians Formula CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Foundation

2.8

on 1/27/2013 5:28:00 PM

Physicians Formula CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Foundation is (or was) a truly amazing product with build-able coverage and a better match for my skin tone, in Creamy Natural, than any other product I have tried. Unfortunately, this foundation was destroyed in the market by its poor brush-on squeeze applicator, which always began to break (leak) about half way through the bottle. The secret to successful application, I found, was to pull off the brush from day one and just dispense it in that manner. Sadly, the applicator was just frustrating enough that many people, including myself initially, did not get past their frustration with the product's packaging to appreciate the formula itself and this frustration pretty much skewed any and all reviews for this product online from Day One.

I used Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation for my wedding and while I appreciated the staying power it really felt and looked, due to both the color and texture, very artificial. In fact, the gal who sold it to me suggested I use a primer but doing so with any foundation, in my experience, only alters a foundation's staying power for the worse. For this reason, I am of the belief that a decent foundation ought to deliver a pleasing texture without having to layer on multiple products.

What I like about this PF product, by contrast, is that it provides department store foundation staying power but without the unnatural or heavy feel. Notably, it did not transfer to my cell phone like so many "luminous" or tinted moisturizing (anti-aging) formulas, yielding instead a neutral finish with the blemish, wrinkle and discoloration concealing power I was looking for. In fact, I would say this is the first foundation I have used that offers better-than-average coverage yet somehow manages to remain natural without an overt made-up finish. This is also the first foundation I have used on my combination skin where I have found it actually looks better by the end of the day than it did starting out. That NEVER happens with any other product I've owned.

Needless to say, I am seriously disappointed that nobody is stocking CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Foundation any more. Although the manufacturer, who does not officially list it at this time as "discontinued", still stocks this product, what actually occurs is that buyers are redirected to check out through Drugstore.com, at which point one is informed that the product is no longer available.

In comparing the new line of PF YouthWear products to this line, there is very little overlap. From what I recall, the YouthWear foundation does not have GABA or any other "cosmecutical" ingredient. The new formula/product does not claim to minimize wrinkles, just the "appearance" (which is subjective, regardless).

As drugstore brands go, Physicians Formula CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Foundation was in a class by itself. I was able to ditch under-eye concealer and it did not dry my skin or break me out with regular use. When applied without the brush in the way I typically apply foundation it had no streaky, cakey, plastic, pasty, waxy or greasy "issues" (I also believing that *not* using the same brush every day to apply it made the application of this product more sanitary, probably another reason I broke out less). In conclusion, absolutely every other foundation I have tried is flawed in one of the aforementioned ways but not this one. In fact, the worse I can say other than the brush-on applicator is that it had a mouthful of a name.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I hated this!I only paid 3 dollars for it thank goodness full price here is 18 dollars.
My issues with this
There was no coverage
It's streaky(with a brush tip applicator)
The first one I bought the product didn't reach the tip and just started leaking out the middle where the brush part and foundation container meet.
Just stay away

on 8/1/2010 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The first time I bought this, I hated it but now I know why. The product looked hard to spread and the brush was too hard to apply. Also, the shade was off. The product that I got before was an old product and that is why the product was completely useless. I gave this another try because of the ingredients. My skin responds so well to GABA. I am NC 30 and the Natural Beige shade was a perfect match. I apply this without a primer under my bronzer and my skin looks and feels great. I had these little break outs around my lower lip that disappeared after starting using this. Overall, this is a great product but you need to make sure that it is not old and it has not been sitting on the shelf for a long time.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the worst foundation I have ever used. I DO NOT have sensitive skin but this stuff set my face on fire. No coverage, awkward to use... uneven texture. Truly a disappointment from Physicians Formula. I sent them an email and tried to contact them to express my dissatisfaction and received no response.

on 4/3/2008 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This isn't a real review because I bought this product today and haven't had a chance to use it. I got it for 70 percent off at Rite Aid (all the Rite Aids in Nevada are closing so there are tons of great deals) . After I made the purchase, I realized it does not contain any SPF. Sun causes wrinkles, right? So you would think that an anti-wrinkle foundation would have some SPF in it. Nope. If i had known that I never would've bought it. The reviews on here sound terrible; I'll probably just use it as an emergency backup type of thing if i run out of my regular stuff..which has SPF.

I bought this only because it was packaged with the concealer that I wanted to try, well the concealer is nothing note-worthy, but this foundation has some benefits. the first time I tried it, I hated it. It was too thick, the applicator worked horribly, and it seemed to make my pores look huge! I wasn't leaving the house, so I left it on. Ten minutes later, I looked in the mirror and any creases or wrinkles I had were "plumped". Now I have learned to use my Laura Mercier foundation on my entire face and just squeeze a tiny bit of this out of the tube and apply to problem areas, such as the "11" on my forehead and my marionette lines. It is not a miracle product, but for anyone with slight creases, it seems to help.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I returned this makeup after one use. I did not like the way that you had to squeeze the foundation through a foundation brush that was attached to the top of the tube. I found application with this brush a bit tricky and had to use my own sponge to finish it off. I also did not like the way that the foundation actually seemed to call attention to my wrinkles. I am 37 and am beginning to develop wrinkles on my forhead and around my eyes, and this stuff seemed to accentuate my wrinkles, not smooth them. I did not give the make up a chance to do any of the repairing of the skin that it claims to do, because I couldn't stand the way I looked. I even had a rebate that would have made the makeup free, but I returned it instead. Definitely will not repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is an interesting idea for a makeup--adding GABA for wrinkles. It does a decent job of taking care of the creases. Because it is such a thick liquid, I usually only apply it to areas of my face where there are creases. You do not have to apply a lot. In fact, it looks much better if you apply this makeup sparingly--for heavens sake, use a sponge, not the silly brush that's attached. I haven't had ANY of the problems of the reviewers below. It doesn't settle into my fine lines, either. Overall, I'd say this is a pretty good product IF you want some boost your fight against wrinkles. If you are young (20s, early 30s), please don't buy it. It's not made for you.

on 1/27/2007 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I'm a PPP and I wear BB Porcelain. I'm a pale ivory with yellow undertones.

I bought this in Classic Ivory. The color was a good match.

I was skeptical about the brush, it seems like a cheap knock off of YSL Touch Eclat foundation, I was surprised that it did blend the product nicely, but I wondered how to wash the brush without getting water into the foundation? I can't just leave the brush unwashed, that seems gross!

My skin is combination and I don't need a lot of coverage. What made me dislike this product is that it settled into my pores like little flesh toned dots and it stayed that way all day! My pores aren't so big and I don't get this effect from other foundations.

I didn't notice any facial firming effect (and to be honest,I wasn't expecting any). I suggest you save your money. I'll be returning this to Walgreens.