Physicians Formula CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Physicians Formula CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Foundation

on 12/7/2011 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

I am here to give this wonderful product justice! I don't understand the bad reviews at all. CoverTox is great! I am actually a teenager believe it or not! So I don't know about the wrinkle part, but for coverage, it's excellent! I had 2 zits that were at a head and I couldn't resist popping them :( So anyways they looked pretty bad after doing so, but they did get flattened out, so it was easy to conceal them with this gem. The brush makes the application go on smoother and blend for a 'no makeup on' look. The shade I used was in sand beige. It matches me perfectly. I actually stole it out of my mom's makeup drawer when I was in a dilemma and am so glad I did! I guarantee she will be missing this one! P.S. I know she uses it to conceal mainly, and to use for under her eyes for fine linesand she loves it and she looks sooo young for her age! So its great for all ages! Must buy at the drugstore!

on 5/10/2009 8:23:00 PM

When I moved from Michigan to South Florida I found that my regular foundation now felt like a mask and I started breaking out due to blocked pores. After trying maybe a dozen different types of foundation and getting little success I tried covertoxten and found the foundation that really worked for me. It provides an even coverage which is light and doesn't make my skin feel like it is covered with a layer of plastic. I really love this product however I hate the container. The brush always starts leaking at the base and only about 2/3 of the foundation can be squeezed out of the container. Also when using a powder over it if not used carefully it tends to cake. I will continue to use this product because it works for me in this (extremely humid) climate.

on 1/7/2009 11:58:00 PM

This is the WORST foundation ever! Found this at 40% off at Long's drugstore and thought I'd give it a try. My usual HG Revlon colorstay was out of my color. My skins been looking a little dry. Probably because of having to use my heater more than ever due to record cold temps in Southern Calif (35 at night!). ANYWAY when I attempted to squeeze out the product the tube split below the lame application brush. The coverage was minimal and I made the mistake of wearing it all day. My face was an oily mess by the end of the day and 3 days latter I have 5 huge cystic zits. Run away from this toxic product!

on 7/15/2007 10:20:00 PM

It has been off the market for a long time now, but CoverToxTen50 sort of reminds of a foundation once made by Coty called Chronologix. I bought this PF foundation in Buff Beige and it's the perfect color for my skin tone. Use this product sparingly, otherwise, it will emphasize your pores and wrinkles rather than diminish them. A small amount will go a long way. I think it covers nicely. I dislike the packaging. When I squeezed out the foundation, it leaked around the edge of the tube. The brush that is attached to the tube is useless, but as far as the foundation itself, I like it. Just use a light hand.

on 4/29/2007 7:56:00 PM

So far I like this product. I've tried a lot of foundations and find most of them have problems, but I have pale skin and look very bare and unpolished with nothing. Plus, I have some days that I really seem to furrow my brow, although I have few wrinkles and I'm in my 40's. I bought this after having one of those days. I find this product really does relax my involuntary muscle contortions. I also use Freeze 24/7 on problem areas, but this foundation does more. It is thick, I'll give you that. I use just a drop or two on my whole face. It and it really lasts. It covers almost too well, as I like to see my natural skin texture. However, it makes my skin look more 'pillowy" if that makes any sense and smooth but not shiny. I wear a lot of sunblock and most foundations are too greasy (who determined that everyone over 25 has dry, dry skin. This is an urban myth). This one goes on feeling like it will be greasy, but it firms up and I don't find it to be any more mask-like than other foundations with medium to full coverage. I've checked it in several light conditions and outdoors and it doesn't look shocking in any of those conditions. At first I bought Classic Ivory (very light, yellow) on the advice of a clerk at ulta. I thought this would be too light and it was. I next got Buff Beige (light and neutral). This matches really well. I'm about NC 20, but most NC 20 foundations are too yellow and it ages me. Now Physicians Formula needs to come out with a thinner consistency with the same concentration of GABA. The packaging is weird; I use the brush just in corners that are hard to reach. EDIT: Still wearing this almost every day. Went on a vacation and noticed no difference in this product in outdoor light. the dumb brush fell off, but it is easier touse now because there is a small stem the foundations goes through. however, it leaks but only inside the cap. Other foundations are definitely not as lifting and plumping as this one.

on 4/12/2007 11:55:00 AM

I see all the negative reviews.I on the other hand really liked this product.Although I agree..Y need to use a sponger for application..I use this for work and it holds up better then most evewn my..merle norman foundation comes off on my clothing while I work...This however didnt.cudos..And since I have oily skin it didnt seem to clog my pores and cause acne which is a battle for me at the age of 39..I will buy this again..The only problem I have is that it leaked from the side of the tube...