Physicians Formula CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Physicians Formula CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Foundation

3.7

on 1/27/2013 5:28:00 PM

Physicians Formula CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Foundation is (or was) a truly amazing product with build-able coverage and a better match for my skin tone, in Creamy Natural, than any other product I have tried. Unfortunately, this foundation was destroyed in the market by its poor brush-on squeeze applicator, which always began to break (leak) about half way through the bottle. The secret to successful application, I found, was to pull off the brush from day one and just dispense it in that manner. Sadly, the applicator was just frustrating enough that many people, including myself initially, did not get past their frustration with the product's packaging to appreciate the formula itself and this frustration pretty much skewed any and all reviews for this product online from Day One.

I used Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation for my wedding and while I appreciated the staying power it really felt and looked, due to both the color and texture, very artificial. In fact, the gal who sold it to me suggested I use a primer but doing so with any foundation, in my experience, only alters a foundation's staying power for the worse. For this reason, I am of the belief that a decent foundation ought to deliver a pleasing texture without having to layer on multiple products.

What I like about this PF product, by contrast, is that it provides department store foundation staying power but without the unnatural or heavy feel. Notably, it did not transfer to my cell phone like so many "luminous" or tinted moisturizing (anti-aging) formulas, yielding instead a neutral finish with the blemish, wrinkle and discoloration concealing power I was looking for. In fact, I would say this is the first foundation I have used that offers better-than-average coverage yet somehow manages to remain natural without an overt made-up finish. This is also the first foundation I have used on my combination skin where I have found it actually looks better by the end of the day than it did starting out. That NEVER happens with any other product I've owned.

Needless to say, I am seriously disappointed that nobody is stocking CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Foundation any more. Although the manufacturer, who does not officially list it at this time as "discontinued", still stocks this product, what actually occurs is that buyers are redirected to check out through Drugstore.com, at which point one is informed that the product is no longer available.

In comparing the new line of PF YouthWear products to this line, there is very little overlap. From what I recall, the YouthWear foundation does not have GABA or any other "cosmecutical" ingredient. The new formula/product does not claim to minimize wrinkles, just the "appearance" (which is subjective, regardless).

As drugstore brands go, Physicians Formula CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Foundation was in a class by itself. I was able to ditch under-eye concealer and it did not dry my skin or break me out with regular use. When applied without the brush in the way I typically apply foundation it had no streaky, cakey, plastic, pasty, waxy or greasy "issues" (I also believing that *not* using the same brush every day to apply it made the application of this product more sanitary, probably another reason I broke out less). In conclusion, absolutely every other foundation I have tried is flawed in one of the aforementioned ways but not this one. In fact, the worse I can say other than the brush-on applicator is that it had a mouthful of a name.

on 8/1/2010 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The first time I bought this, I hated it but now I know why. The product looked hard to spread and the brush was too hard to apply. Also, the shade was off. The product that I got before was an old product and that is why the product was completely useless. I gave this another try because of the ingredients. My skin responds so well to GABA. I am NC 30 and the Natural Beige shade was a perfect match. I apply this without a primer under my bronzer and my skin looks and feels great. I had these little break outs around my lower lip that disappeared after starting using this. Overall, this is a great product but you need to make sure that it is not old and it has not been sitting on the shelf for a long time.

on 1/7/2009 11:58:00 PM

This is the WORST foundation ever! Found this at 40% off at Long's drugstore and thought I'd give it a try. My usual HG Revlon colorstay was out of my color. My skins been looking a little dry. Probably because of having to use my heater more than ever due to record cold temps in Southern Calif (35 at night!). ANYWAY when I attempted to squeeze out the product the tube split below the lame application brush. The coverage was minimal and I made the mistake of wearing it all day. My face was an oily mess by the end of the day and 3 days latter I have 5 huge cystic zits. Run away from this toxic product!