Physicians Formula CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Foundation

Physicians Formula CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Foundation

2.8

on 12/7/2011 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

I am here to give this wonderful product justice! I don't understand the bad reviews at all. CoverTox is great! I am actually a teenager believe it or not! So I don't know about the wrinkle part, but for coverage, it's excellent! I had 2 zits that were at a head and I couldn't resist popping them :( So anyways they looked pretty bad after doing so, but they did get flattened out, so it was easy to conceal them with this gem. The brush makes the application go on smoother and blend for a 'no makeup on' look. The shade I used was in sand beige. It matches me perfectly. I actually stole it out of my mom's makeup drawer when I was in a dilemma and am so glad I did! I guarantee she will be missing this one! P.S. I know she uses it to conceal mainly, and to use for under her eyes for fine linesand she loves it and she looks sooo young for her age! So its great for all ages! Must buy at the drugstore!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the worst foundation I have ever used. I DO NOT have sensitive skin but this stuff set my face on fire. No coverage, awkward to use... uneven texture. Truly a disappointment from Physicians Formula. I sent them an email and tried to contact them to express my dissatisfaction and received no response.

Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral

EDIT. I no longer use this foundation and have reverted to my favorite Maybelline Stay Pur powder foundation instead. After giving this a break for awhile, I tried it again and realized, even when applied sparingly, how incredibly mask like and "made up" it looks. Please disregard everything that I wrote before. When somebody asks you what makeup you're wearing, and doesn't say....."you have nice skin", you KNOW it's not a good look. Still use the L'Oreal mineral glow loose powder mentioned below as my blush.....a dead ringer for BE clear radiance, and actually apples much more evenly.

I agree that the packaging of this foundation leaves a lot to be desired. But if you use just a TINY bit of this foundation, I think the results are terrific. I am in my fifties, have good skin, and this makes it look even better. In fact, a woman I've known for years and who has never commented on my makeup actually asked me what I was wearing because she said my skin looked so even toned. I top it off with L'oreal's all over mineral color in either nude glow or pink glow, used as blush. I'm quite fair, so I chose the "classic ivory" in this foundation. . If you squeeze just a bit on the brush and then put your fingers in the product and apply it to your face with your fingers, being careful to MOISTURIZE first (I use Banana Boat Sunscreen), I think this foundation does a good job. I'm pleased with it, and I think part of the problem with this foundation may be if you're using too much.

on 3/30/2007 11:35:00 PM

This is the first PF product that has completely failed me. I like the mineral powders and the mineral liquid foundation. This was an "emergency" purchase while I was out of town. I had recently discovered the liquid mineral and liked it but had a full tube so I thought I would try this for something different.

I normally don't wear liquid foundation and if I do I just use it under my eyes or on blemishes. I prefer just to wear some powder most of the time but I was having a bad skin day. This was awful. Regardless of my bad skin day, I applied this and then went into the bathroom of the nearest Starbucks and washed it off - bad skin was better than this cakey mess :(

The color match was good, but unlike the mineral liquid it sat completely on top of my skin, was streaky, and dried me out within seconds. It was almost like applying a tinted clay mask.

Anyway, when I got back home I tried several methods of application - fingers, brush, sponge, thining it out with moisturizer, etc. Nothing works. It still looks and feels like a clay mask.

I tried again today to use it on my undereye circles from allergies and a blemish on my temple, but once again didn't make it past the door with this on my face. You know it is serious when I would rather leave the house with nasty circles and a huge blemish because the cover-up is worse!

I normally love PF products. I have never been dissapointed before. This just didn't work for me - still my favorite d/s line for powder and MMU tho.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is an interesting idea for a makeup--adding GABA for wrinkles. It does a decent job of taking care of the creases. Because it is such a thick liquid, I usually only apply it to areas of my face where there are creases. You do not have to apply a lot. In fact, it looks much better if you apply this makeup sparingly--for heavens sake, use a sponge, not the silly brush that's attached. I haven't had ANY of the problems of the reviewers below. It doesn't settle into my fine lines, either. Overall, I'd say this is a pretty good product IF you want some boost your fight against wrinkles. If you are young (20s, early 30s), please don't buy it. It's not made for you.

on 1/27/2007 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I'm a PPP and I wear BB Porcelain. I'm a pale ivory with yellow undertones.

I bought this in Classic Ivory. The color was a good match.

I was skeptical about the brush, it seems like a cheap knock off of YSL Touch Eclat foundation, I was surprised that it did blend the product nicely, but I wondered how to wash the brush without getting water into the foundation? I can't just leave the brush unwashed, that seems gross!

My skin is combination and I don't need a lot of coverage. What made me dislike this product is that it settled into my pores like little flesh toned dots and it stayed that way all day! My pores aren't so big and I don't get this effect from other foundations.

I didn't notice any facial firming effect (and to be honest,I wasn't expecting any). I suggest you save your money. I'll be returning this to Walgreens.