Physicians Formula CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Foundation

Physicians Formula CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Foundation

3.3

on 8/1/2010 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The first time I bought this, I hated it but now I know why. The product looked hard to spread and the brush was too hard to apply. Also, the shade was off. The product that I got before was an old product and that is why the product was completely useless. I gave this another try because of the ingredients. My skin responds so well to GABA. I am NC 30 and the Natural Beige shade was a perfect match. I apply this without a primer under my bronzer and my skin looks and feels great. I had these little break outs around my lower lip that disappeared after starting using this. Overall, this is a great product but you need to make sure that it is not old and it has not been sitting on the shelf for a long time.

on 4/16/2008 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Quite possibly the most sucktacular foundation I've ever tried.

First of all, the price. I paid thirteen dollars for this crap and you better believe I took it back to the store and got my money back.

Second, the attached brush. Since I'd done my MUA homework, I knew that the brush was pretty much useless, so once I got home I immediately unscrewed the brush from the base (really not hard at all, you just twist it a few times while pulling) and put it in the cabinet. The makeup itself flows out of a few holes with a plug in the center, so it's easy to just dab some on a makeup wedge and apply.

Last, the wear. The color I chose, Classic Ivory, was the lightest and was an okay match. It didn't give my face much color or brightness...it's pretty much a neutral ivory color, not warm nor cool (I have oily, PPP, very cool-toned skin with no yellow tones whatsoever). I applied some one evening at home over clean skin and the few hours that I had it on, it wore okay. No nasties or shinies or whatever (I wore Corn Silk loose powder on top to set it). I didn't really notice a great deal of wrinkle reduction, but then I've been blessed with a "young" look so I don't have a lot of wrinkles to start with. People always think I'm younger than I am (I am 38), but I've started to notice little lines at the corners of my eyes and on my forehead that I'd just like to cover or camouflage if at all possible. While this did cover nicely, I didn't notice any huge, remarkable difference. The texture of my skin really didn't change.

The next day, I applied around noon and went about my day. I would like to point out that I did not apply a ton of this...in fact, I was pretty conservative in my application, considering I was using a makeup wedge and could therefore more accurately control how much product I was using than if I was using the brush. I again used the Corn Silk powder to set it. After a few hours, I noticed the foundation was starting to break down around my nose, and I was getting the dreaded "spotty nose syndrome". You know, where the foundation wears off on the skin of your nose but stays in the pores, leaving a spotty look. I looked in the mirror while outside, and even with a very conservative application this looked cakey after a few hours. By the end of the day, my face was an oily mess, with the foundation breaking down and looking splotchy and goopy.

But the best was yet to come. That night, I noticed a weird red, bumpy rash along the right side of my jawline, extending down onto my neck area under my chin. The next morning, the red bumps were still there, but they were joined by their friends the pimples, which had appeared all over my chin and cheeks. That sealed it...I was going to try it with a primer underneath, or trying it with the matching pressed powder, but if it's going to give me zits and a rash then forget it. I work too hard to keep my skin clear to have some stupid, nasty foundation ruin it.

Oh yeah, and about SPF? Putting SPF in makeup is just to fool consumers into buying a product. You can't put on makeup with SPF and expect it to protect you all day. In fact, you can't put on SPF lotion/cream alone once a day and expect it to protect you all day. You have to reapply during the day for continuous protection. So unless you're prepared to take off all your foundation at least once a day, possibly more, and reapply, then SPF is pretty much useless in makeup. Carry an umbrella or wear a hat.

If it works for you, great, but it didn't work at all for me. I would say, if this is a foundation that works for you, just take off the stupid brush (why does PF resort to such gimmicks, anyway?) and use a makeup wedge. Once you've applied, stick the square fat part of the makeup wedge over the hole and screw the lid back on, with the skinny flat part scrunched up in the lid. This keeps the foundation from leaking all over the place.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is an interesting idea for a makeup--adding GABA for wrinkles. It does a decent job of taking care of the creases. Because it is such a thick liquid, I usually only apply it to areas of my face where there are creases. You do not have to apply a lot. In fact, it looks much better if you apply this makeup sparingly--for heavens sake, use a sponge, not the silly brush that's attached. I haven't had ANY of the problems of the reviewers below. It doesn't settle into my fine lines, either. Overall, I'd say this is a pretty good product IF you want some boost your fight against wrinkles. If you are young (20s, early 30s), please don't buy it. It's not made for you.