Physicians Formula CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Foundation

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/3/2008 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This isn't a real review because I bought this product today and haven't had a chance to use it. I got it for 70 percent off at Rite Aid (all the Rite Aids in Nevada are closing so there are tons of great deals) . After I made the purchase, I realized it does not contain any SPF. Sun causes wrinkles, right? So you would think that an anti-wrinkle foundation would have some SPF in it. Nope. If i had known that I never would've bought it. The reviews on here sound terrible; I'll probably just use it as an emergency backup type of thing if i run out of my regular stuff..which has SPF.

Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral

EDIT. I no longer use this foundation and have reverted to my favorite Maybelline Stay Pur powder foundation instead. After giving this a break for awhile, I tried it again and realized, even when applied sparingly, how incredibly mask like and "made up" it looks. Please disregard everything that I wrote before. When somebody asks you what makeup you're wearing, and doesn't say....."you have nice skin", you KNOW it's not a good look. Still use the L'Oreal mineral glow loose powder mentioned below as my blush.....a dead ringer for BE clear radiance, and actually apples much more evenly.

I agree that the packaging of this foundation leaves a lot to be desired. But if you use just a TINY bit of this foundation, I think the results are terrific. I am in my fifties, have good skin, and this makes it look even better. In fact, a woman I've known for years and who has never commented on my makeup actually asked me what I was wearing because she said my skin looked so even toned. I top it off with L'oreal's all over mineral color in either nude glow or pink glow, used as blush. I'm quite fair, so I chose the "classic ivory" in this foundation. . If you squeeze just a bit on the brush and then put your fingers in the product and apply it to your face with your fingers, being careful to MOISTURIZE first (I use Banana Boat Sunscreen), I think this foundation does a good job. I'm pleased with it, and I think part of the problem with this foundation may be if you're using too much.

on 1/27/2007 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I'm a PPP and I wear BB Porcelain. I'm a pale ivory with yellow undertones.

I bought this in Classic Ivory. The color was a good match.

I was skeptical about the brush, it seems like a cheap knock off of YSL Touch Eclat foundation, I was surprised that it did blend the product nicely, but I wondered how to wash the brush without getting water into the foundation? I can't just leave the brush unwashed, that seems gross!

My skin is combination and I don't need a lot of coverage. What made me dislike this product is that it settled into my pores like little flesh toned dots and it stayed that way all day! My pores aren't so big and I don't get this effect from other foundations.

I didn't notice any facial firming effect (and to be honest,I wasn't expecting any). I suggest you save your money. I'll be returning this to Walgreens.