Physicians Formula CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Physicians Formula CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Foundation

1.7

on 5/10/2009 8:23:00 PM

When I moved from Michigan to South Florida I found that my regular foundation now felt like a mask and I started breaking out due to blocked pores. After trying maybe a dozen different types of foundation and getting little success I tried covertoxten and found the foundation that really worked for me. It provides an even coverage which is light and doesn't make my skin feel like it is covered with a layer of plastic. I really love this product however I hate the container. The brush always starts leaking at the base and only about 2/3 of the foundation can be squeezed out of the container. Also when using a powder over it if not used carefully it tends to cake. I will continue to use this product because it works for me in this (extremely humid) climate.

on 4/16/2008 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Quite possibly the most sucktacular foundation I've ever tried.

First of all, the price. I paid thirteen dollars for this crap and you better believe I took it back to the store and got my money back.

Second, the attached brush. Since I'd done my MUA homework, I knew that the brush was pretty much useless, so once I got home I immediately unscrewed the brush from the base (really not hard at all, you just twist it a few times while pulling) and put it in the cabinet. The makeup itself flows out of a few holes with a plug in the center, so it's easy to just dab some on a makeup wedge and apply.

Last, the wear. The color I chose, Classic Ivory, was the lightest and was an okay match. It didn't give my face much color or brightness...it's pretty much a neutral ivory color, not warm nor cool (I have oily, PPP, very cool-toned skin with no yellow tones whatsoever). I applied some one evening at home over clean skin and the few hours that I had it on, it wore okay. No nasties or shinies or whatever (I wore Corn Silk loose powder on top to set it). I didn't really notice a great deal of wrinkle reduction, but then I've been blessed with a "young" look so I don't have a lot of wrinkles to start with. People always think I'm younger than I am (I am 38), but I've started to notice little lines at the corners of my eyes and on my forehead that I'd just like to cover or camouflage if at all possible. While this did cover nicely, I didn't notice any huge, remarkable difference. The texture of my skin really didn't change.

The next day, I applied around noon and went about my day. I would like to point out that I did not apply a ton of this...in fact, I was pretty conservative in my application, considering I was using a makeup wedge and could therefore more accurately control how much product I was using than if I was using the brush. I again used the Corn Silk powder to set it. After a few hours, I noticed the foundation was starting to break down around my nose, and I was getting the dreaded "spotty nose syndrome". You know, where the foundation wears off on the skin of your nose but stays in the pores, leaving a spotty look. I looked in the mirror while outside, and even with a very conservative application this looked cakey after a few hours. By the end of the day, my face was an oily mess, with the foundation breaking down and looking splotchy and goopy.

But the best was yet to come. That night, I noticed a weird red, bumpy rash along the right side of my jawline, extending down onto my neck area under my chin. The next morning, the red bumps were still there, but they were joined by their friends the pimples, which had appeared all over my chin and cheeks. That sealed it...I was going to try it with a primer underneath, or trying it with the matching pressed powder, but if it's going to give me zits and a rash then forget it. I work too hard to keep my skin clear to have some stupid, nasty foundation ruin it.

Oh yeah, and about SPF? Putting SPF in makeup is just to fool consumers into buying a product. You can't put on makeup with SPF and expect it to protect you all day. In fact, you can't put on SPF lotion/cream alone once a day and expect it to protect you all day. You have to reapply during the day for continuous protection. So unless you're prepared to take off all your foundation at least once a day, possibly more, and reapply, then SPF is pretty much useless in makeup. Carry an umbrella or wear a hat.

If it works for you, great, but it didn't work at all for me. I would say, if this is a foundation that works for you, just take off the stupid brush (why does PF resort to such gimmicks, anyway?) and use a makeup wedge. Once you've applied, stick the square fat part of the makeup wedge over the hole and screw the lid back on, with the skinny flat part scrunched up in the lid. This keeps the foundation from leaking all over the place.

on 4/3/2008 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This isn't a real review because I bought this product today and haven't had a chance to use it. I got it for 70 percent off at Rite Aid (all the Rite Aids in Nevada are closing so there are tons of great deals) . After I made the purchase, I realized it does not contain any SPF. Sun causes wrinkles, right? So you would think that an anti-wrinkle foundation would have some SPF in it. Nope. If i had known that I never would've bought it. The reviews on here sound terrible; I'll probably just use it as an emergency backup type of thing if i run out of my regular stuff..which has SPF.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Ok, I am a sucker for makeup products with anti-aging ingredients. I knew better but I bought this anyway. First the packaging it is in is terrible. A tube of foundation with an attached applicator is oh so unsantitary. But even if it did not have the attached brush, the foundation still looks fake no matter how I apply it. Gives little to no coverage. The pictures on the packaging are great. Look at the results you will get in ... 10 minutes!! And then after 10 days, you will be a new person. Absolutely nothing happens to my skin from using this. The active wrinkle fighters used in this are hexapeptide-6 and vitamin C both of which degrade rapidly. Which makes me ponder why this is in a tube that always stays open due to the attached brush. ( yes, you can put the lid back on the brush but the tube opening is still getting way too much air exposure. Worst purchase I've made in a year.

on 3/30/2007 11:35:00 PM

This is the first PF product that has completely failed me. I like the mineral powders and the mineral liquid foundation. This was an "emergency" purchase while I was out of town. I had recently discovered the liquid mineral and liked it but had a full tube so I thought I would try this for something different.

I normally don't wear liquid foundation and if I do I just use it under my eyes or on blemishes. I prefer just to wear some powder most of the time but I was having a bad skin day. This was awful. Regardless of my bad skin day, I applied this and then went into the bathroom of the nearest Starbucks and washed it off - bad skin was better than this cakey mess :(

The color match was good, but unlike the mineral liquid it sat completely on top of my skin, was streaky, and dried me out within seconds. It was almost like applying a tinted clay mask.

Anyway, when I got back home I tried several methods of application - fingers, brush, sponge, thining it out with moisturizer, etc. Nothing works. It still looks and feels like a clay mask.

I tried again today to use it on my undereye circles from allergies and a blemish on my temple, but once again didn't make it past the door with this on my face. You know it is serious when I would rather leave the house with nasty circles and a huge blemish because the cover-up is worse!

I normally love PF products. I have never been dissapointed before. This just didn't work for me - still my favorite d/s line for powder and MMU tho.

on 2/20/2007 5:00:00 PM

I haven't tried this yet--I will later today and this week. I just wanted to leave my mark here so I wouldn't forget to review it. Right now it's on sale at Walgreens, and there's a rebate online so the product is free. At that cost, I'll try any cosmetic! I'm only 25, but my eyes have been subjected to 10+ years of contact tugging, and so I thought this might help them smooth out, in addition to covering my horrendous dark circles. I bought Classic Ivory, and we'll see how it matches.
EDIT: Okay, so now I've tried it. *Tries not to laugh* This is awful, awful stuff! It only covers my wrinkle-free cheeks smoothly, but forget about the 2 teensy forehead lines and the smile line on either side of my mouth! It filled in the creases prominently, and when I blended them out, filled them in again (and again)! The color was pretty good, however, and my cream blushes blended right in with the formula nicely. I used the Olay Microdermabrasian last night, and should look very smooth today, but this highlights every tiny speck of dry skin that remains. Holy cow, this stuff is terrible. I'm so glad I mailed in the rebate form--this isn't even worth the sale price--it makes me look even older! I didn't notice any "freezing" of my skin--except where it made a wrinkle under my right eye that lasted hours after I washed it off! My face is not tight and dry with it on; rather it's dewy, and I can keep blending away the creased parts with my fingertips. Did it not "set" properly on my skin? continued >>

on 1/27/2007 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I'm a PPP and I wear BB Porcelain. I'm a pale ivory with yellow undertones.

I bought this in Classic Ivory. The color was a good match.

I was skeptical about the brush, it seems like a cheap knock off of YSL Touch Eclat foundation, I was surprised that it did blend the product nicely, but I wondered how to wash the brush without getting water into the foundation? I can't just leave the brush unwashed, that seems gross!

My skin is combination and I don't need a lot of coverage. What made me dislike this product is that it settled into my pores like little flesh toned dots and it stayed that way all day! My pores aren't so big and I don't get this effect from other foundations.

I didn't notice any facial firming effect (and to be honest,I wasn't expecting any). I suggest you save your money. I'll be returning this to Walgreens.