Physicians Formula CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Physicians Formula CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Foundation

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I hated this!I only paid 3 dollars for it thank goodness full price here is 18 dollars.
My issues with this
There was no coverage
It's streaky(with a brush tip applicator)
The first one I bought the product didn't reach the tip and just started leaking out the middle where the brush part and foundation container meet.
Just stay away

on 12/7/2011 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

I am here to give this wonderful product justice! I don't understand the bad reviews at all. CoverTox is great! I am actually a teenager believe it or not! So I don't know about the wrinkle part, but for coverage, it's excellent! I had 2 zits that were at a head and I couldn't resist popping them :( So anyways they looked pretty bad after doing so, but they did get flattened out, so it was easy to conceal them with this gem. The brush makes the application go on smoother and blend for a 'no makeup on' look. The shade I used was in sand beige. It matches me perfectly. I actually stole it out of my mom's makeup drawer when I was in a dilemma and am so glad I did! I guarantee she will be missing this one! P.S. I know she uses it to conceal mainly, and to use for under her eyes for fine linesand she loves it and she looks sooo young for her age! So its great for all ages! Must buy at the drugstore!

Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral

EDIT. I no longer use this foundation and have reverted to my favorite Maybelline Stay Pur powder foundation instead. After giving this a break for awhile, I tried it again and realized, even when applied sparingly, how incredibly mask like and "made up" it looks. Please disregard everything that I wrote before. When somebody asks you what makeup you're wearing, and doesn't say....."you have nice skin", you KNOW it's not a good look. Still use the L'Oreal mineral glow loose powder mentioned below as my blush.....a dead ringer for BE clear radiance, and actually apples much more evenly.

I agree that the packaging of this foundation leaves a lot to be desired. But if you use just a TINY bit of this foundation, I think the results are terrific. I am in my fifties, have good skin, and this makes it look even better. In fact, a woman I've known for years and who has never commented on my makeup actually asked me what I was wearing because she said my skin looked so even toned. I top it off with L'oreal's all over mineral color in either nude glow or pink glow, used as blush. I'm quite fair, so I chose the "classic ivory" in this foundation. . If you squeeze just a bit on the brush and then put your fingers in the product and apply it to your face with your fingers, being careful to MOISTURIZE first (I use Banana Boat Sunscreen), I think this foundation does a good job. I'm pleased with it, and I think part of the problem with this foundation may be if you're using too much.

I bought this only because it was packaged with the concealer that I wanted to try, well the concealer is nothing note-worthy, but this foundation has some benefits. the first time I tried it, I hated it. It was too thick, the applicator worked horribly, and it seemed to make my pores look huge! I wasn't leaving the house, so I left it on. Ten minutes later, I looked in the mirror and any creases or wrinkles I had were "plumped". Now I have learned to use my Laura Mercier foundation on my entire face and just squeeze a tiny bit of this out of the tube and apply to problem areas, such as the "11" on my forehead and my marionette lines. It is not a miracle product, but for anyone with slight creases, it seems to help.