Physicians Formula CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Other
Physicians Formula CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Foundation

3.5

on 1/23/2007 11:13:00 PM

This foundation does what it claims--it does diminish the appearance of wrinkles because it contains GABA, the key ingredient in all those ice/freeze creams. Unfortunately, after the foundation dries, you're left with a very stiff Kabuki-like face, which is obviously made-up and unnatural. The lightest shade--Porcelain Ivory, I think--looks dark in the bottle but actually runs quite pale, which makes me think the formula has a lot of titanium dioxide in it. In fact, this foundation's texture remind me quite a bit of Illuminare liquid mineral foundation, which, too, comes in a very pale shade. To warm the foundation up and give it a more natural appearance, I blended some moisturizer into it and that seemed to do the trick. I obtained a semi-matte foundation with excellent coverage that seemed to suppress the lines running from my nose to my mouth.

I must mention this product's container because, like those of many PF products, it's sort of weird. The cap has a foundation brush attached, which is not the world's greatest idea because you have to leave the foundation uncapped in order to wash the brush after each use.

I purchased this product because it was free with rebate and unless PF changes the packaging, I don't plan to repurchase. Neverless, if you play with this foundation and add a little primer or moisturizer, you can get excellent coverage and the benefit of the GABA, which is a premium ingredient. I tried it around my eyes and it was a better concealer than PF's CoverTox ten concealer, which was far too thin for my taste.

Great for deep forehead wrinkles and brow furrows. Also seemed to finally give me a poreless, velvet complexion. The trick is to sleep with it on. Then wash face in morning and don't wear it during the day. Nothing else has ever helped my forehead lines or my oily skin and large pores. I do not wear this during day, I don't have too, this has literally changed the look of my face and I don't even need make up in the day time. I wish I had found it years earlier, I think my forehead and brow lines would never have progressed to the depth they are now.