Estee Lauder Automatic Brow Pencil

3.9

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my 2nd time I've bought the brow pencil, this has become my one and only eyebrow pencil. It's damn expensive but considering I've only had to buy this every two years, it is definitely worth every penny! I have thick, black Asian hair and my eyebrows are very bushy and thick but it does have some spots that needs filling. I used to have HD Brow Kit and it just my eyebrows look tacky and fake, honestly I just wanted to invest in something that you know would last and give you that natural finish look.

I was recommend by a friend to look into Estee Lauder products, as I went into the store a saleslady was able to help me. She demonstrated it on me and instantly fell inlove with the product. A little goes a long way with this one and too much stroke will result in an overdone eyebrows, it's sometimes frustrating cause it would mean restarting, but I normally just do one long stroke starting from one end to the other at the bottom of my eyebrows and same thing for the top. The finish look is amazing, I have been complicated so many times about my eyebrows and I always recommend this product to them!

Cons for this is the brush, I wish they made a refill/replacement head for the brush as well because over time it does get dirty and unhygienic, I would normally have to stop using the brush and use my Ecotools eyebrows brush/comb. Another con is, it doesn't stay on the whole day/night, it would last a bit more longer with a setting eyebrow gel but when I put the setting gel on top of the product it does smudge/erase some of the colour, which means I would have to do a bit of fixing once the gel sets. Other than those two, I think this product is amazing, with a nice consistency and the colour is on point!

I really do recommend this product, I've got the colour 03 in Soft Black

Throw away any and all eyebrow products you now own and go out and get this. Seriously.

I have had several compliments saying my eyebrows were, quote, "On fleek" after I use this product.

Random people stop me in the grocery store and comment on my eyebrows. No joke. They must lead dull lives.

Honestly, this is my must have along with Estee Lauder's Double Wear Foundation. It is super easy to fill in your eyebrows, and they last all day. No more eyebrows dripping down your cheek and no more Kermit The Frog "That's none of my business" memes here.

The price is great, the product lasts a good while AND you get a full size refill every time you purchase the pencil. What more can I say.

To Read all 59 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've used this for years. When I was younger, I had never done my brows and an Estee Lauder rep was in the store and did my makeup for me. She used this in Soft Blonde and I was really surprised at how nice my brows looked and I've used it every since. I have gone through several phases of trying to find something different, mostly because this has a thicker tip and I would like to have more precision, but my eyebrows just need some filling in, so I always come back to this, for one reason, the color. It has just right amount of gold, without being yellow, the right amount of ash, without being green or grey, and is lighter than almost every other blond color I've seen without being flat. It's a somewhat creamy formula, without being greasy, and it lasts all day on me. My brows are probably more of a taupe color. Brow Wiz in Taupe is a perfect match, but it makes my brows look too heavy with my highlighted hair and small face. This lets me add a little lightness to my brows, and therefore, matches my hair better. The only thing I've found similar, is the Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil in Blonde, which is maybe a hint darker, but not by much and if they made the Brow Wiz in the Blonde it would be my HG. Since I prefer a retractable pencil, this is, by far, the best brow pencil for me. If your looking for something ashy, there are plenty of choices out there, but if you want something a little more neutral, that isn't red or orange and yet still has some ash tones, this would be one to sample. Update: Bobbi Brown's new angled auto-pencil in blonde is pretty much an exact color match for this, but I'm not paying $42 for a brow pencil.

I've been using this pencil on and off for the past 15 years or so. I only stray to other brands because this one is so expensive (as of this moment, $16 for one refill that's about the size of your thumb). I love that it self-sharpens and though it is small it lasts a long time. Probably close to a year, even when used daily.

I see lots of reviewers saying it's dry, and I agree. It kind of reminds me of a dried-out crayon, but for me that's actually great. It goes on light, but once you get it going the color is buildable. You're not going to get super dramatic color payoff with this, though, so if you want Power Brows you'll have to keep looking. This one's more for every day. Stays on during the day in all kinds of weather, but comes off easily at night with no need for makeup remover.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Color Dark Brown. I have very thin brows so having this big container makes applying it directly so easy. The product is a great color, lasts all day, and has a built in brush if you want to use it. I love the fact that you do not have to sharpen this product. I have been using this product for over 15 years and just love it.

Works great for someone with extremely fair brows that are barely visible. Work with a light hand and it's very easy to achieve natural looking brows.

This is just way too hard. You really have to work to get any color payoff. It actually is uncomfortable to have to press down so hard and drag it through my brows. Wish I would have returned this...huge fail.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I am gonna go ahead and give this 5 lippies, Which is not something I give freely. The reason however is that as far as eyebrow pencils go, this is amazing! My eyebrows are a constant disaster. I have very light, very sparse eyebrows, I can't leave the house without doing something to them. I've tried them all. All the drug store pencils, all the expensive ones too. Generally if you use pencil it looks exactly like that; eyebrows drawn on. Powders look more natural but they are a way bigger pain. This stuff delivers what I want. Its a pencil that looks like powder when finished. No harsh lines, no looking like they were drawn in with sharpie, it goes on smooth and easy and it looks unbelievably natural. I love it, its my new HG. The price doesn't make me take away a lippie because its estee lauder, of course its expensive, If you want to save money you don't go to the esteemed lauder counter at all! It also comes with a refill and in my opinion its cheaper to finally have something that works instead of buying every single pencil I see in hopes that one will finally work.

Holy Grail eyebrow pencil. The first product I reach for every morning. Feathers on easily (although it can take some time to get used to; a heavy hand will make it too dark/waxy-looking). I have dark brown hair, and the soft black fills in beautifully. Twists up so doesn't need to be sharpened, and applies softly. I never use the brush, so can't speak to it. Lasts forever; I use it daily and it lasts me a year plus per fill, and it comes with two.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I really like automatic brow pencils as they are so quick and fuss-free. This is my 3rd, after Mac Fling and the Clinique superfine.
As I'm fair, it's a great colour match, and I like that you get a refill, and that the brush on one end is soft and can be replaced. But I'm not overkeen, and I can't wait for my refill to run out (over 1 year & waiting!)
First problem is that it's hard, as others have commented. My brow hairs are sometimes pulled out when I use this, due to waxiness and tugging to get it on my brow. It doesn't last as well as the other 2 - I have to reapply if I go out in the evenings. The nib is noticeably thicker than others, so it's harder to do precise work, I have to smudge over with a finger if the line is too thick. Another little gripe is that when you touch it to your skin it pushes back a bit more before depositing colour, so it makes accuracy harder.

Popular Brows Products