Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Hydra-Pure Oil Free Moisture

No Image

3.7

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Purified Water (Aqua Purificata), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Squalane, Bentonite, Butylene Glycol, Soy Isoflavones, Tetrapeptide-21, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ubiquinone, Phospholipids, Sodium Hyaluronate, Disodium Lauriminodipropionate Tocopheryl Phosphates, Acrylates/Carbamate Copolymer, Lecithin, Carbomer, Caprylyl Glycol, Ceramide 2, Dimethicone, Cyclodextrin, Disodium EDTA, Pentasodium Pentetate, Phytic Acid, Potassium Citrate, Potassium Gluconate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ethylene Brassylate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid.

on 6/1/2016 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

Moisturisers are supposed to calm down any red, dry or sore skin. For some reason this gives me a tingling sensation whenever I apply it. I wondered if this was a treatment or just a plain moisturiser as it states.
-It does moisturise, however not so much.

on 3/4/2015 5:34:00 PM

Very disappointing as it is simply not hydrating enough. Hence am using it now under a moisturiser as it claims to have anti ageing and repairing properties. Why are most oil free products so drying? I have bought instead goldfaden md vital boost and this seems a much better option.

on 2/9/2015 9:21:00 PM

The best moisturiser I have ever used. No breakouts or problems. Feels great on the skin and looks good. All round very good product. Have purchased 4 bottles now.

I'm using this in the lotion form...it smells really nice and clean, and is definitely helping with my very oily skin. Would repurchase.

on 6/4/2013 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This broke me out in places that I NEVER have issues with. So many clogged pores and pimples on my chin. I warn anyone with acne prone skin NOT to purchase.

on 2/7/2013 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my HG moisturizer, and no matter what I try--nothing compares to this (for me). I concur with the reviewer below! It is light, yet very moisturizing; it soaks into the skin and makeup applies beautifully over it. This is the only moisturizer I've tried that doesn't exacerbate oil production (most make me an oily mess), it doesn't clog or break me out, it doesn't give me any allergic reaction, and my skin is smooth and lovely when I use it. This is mild enough for my extra-oily sensitive skin, yet, tough enough to fully deal with any Retin A and exfoliation flakies. Am done wasting money looking for (trying/tossing) a cheaper alternative; this is what works for me. It's done right by me for 5 years now.

Update: 8/11/13: Due to the rough economy, I am no longer able to use this very often. I have found that Dormer 211 Oil Free is a great (and more affordable) daily moisturizer. I am saving the remainder to use during the winter. I do love Hydra-Pure, and will resume use when I win the lottery. ;)

Update: 7/13/14: Given this as a gift a couple months ago, I started using this again. It broke me out after only 2 days usage. The formula has not changed. I kept trying it, but it was not to be. I realized that, before, I was aggressively exfoliating with BHA, AHA and RetinoA... now I am exfoliating much less & much more gently. Bottom line, everything with Squalane breaks me out--had I not been using my strong BHA & AHA every morning/night, I'm sure this would have broken me out before, too. It works beautifully on my neck and dcolletage, but I changed my answer to would not buy again. It's a great product, just to pricey, and not compatible with my skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This moisturizer is in a word: AWESOME. I'm surprised it didn't get better reviews. I have OFF THE CHARTS oily skin and I try anything and everything that says "matte" or "Oil control". This is one of the best moisturizers ever and I really realized it when I ran out. I was using my Dr. Brandt moisturizer and it just doesn't have the same staying power as the Dr. Dennis Gross. Yes, it's expensive but you can get it cheaper than $75 if you look around. Even if that wasn't the case I would buy because it is THAT good for skin

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got a sample of this for two uses. I found this to be an ok moisturizer. It really was nothing special, but it was not useless either. I find the smell a little odd. It is not a fresh smell. It just smells odd. I peronsally do not like it. Luckily the smell does wear off. I would not personally purchase this because I do not think it is worth the higher price tag.

on 1/15/2011 1:23:00 PM

Great moisturizer. It does not break out my skin and it does what it suppose to do without leaving a greasy feeling.

on 5/25/2010 1:02:00 PM

I normally have pretty decent skin--usually no pimples--and yet I am still always trying to find the BEST moisturizer. I purchased this and used it for about a week. The first week was great but then I started to get these HUGE cystic bumps on my chin. I had never in my life had more than one pimple at a time and there I was with at least five HUGE ones on my chin that were no where close to coming out. It was terrible. I immediately got off it and started using my old skin care regime and in about a week it was OK. But it was the most awful experience ever. So needless to say, I will not re-purchase.