Kanebo eye shadow brushes

Kanebo eye shadow brushes

4.7

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

👌 Whilst Kanebo's Lunasol eyeshadow brushes are among the best you can get for being just below or thereabout the price range of Shu Uemura, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Shiseido etc these are worth the buy even if your eyelids are ridiculously hyper-sensitive like mine. I feel the occassional prickliness (especially between my nose and inner eye area) only if I use tapping/dabbing motions, but not if i gently 'touch & sweep' them across my eyelids.

L: Canadian and Pine squirrel mix
M: Canadian and Horse hair mix
S: Canadian and Horse hair mix.

WASHING WARNING: Do NOT wash with Johnson's Baby Oil (in my lousy attempt to make it all uber soft whichever angle). Since Shu Uemura has Macademia Oil in their brush cleanser, I cockily used Johnson's Baby Oil (Aloe vera and Vitamin E) because whilst it does dry up on your hair giving you silky hair effect, the brush bristles were still oily and clustered togather even after 2 days later. So X3 Johnson's Baby shampoo, X1 TRESemme hair-conditioner later with very warm water, FINALLY the oiliness has dissipated...more 😰

For 'touch & sweep' motions, Lunasol brushes are still LUXIOUSLY SOFT and they have not shed or frayed and still look brand new since 2011 when i bought them. i feel Lunasol eyeshadow brushes are nevertheless generally way better with its constant softness wash-after-wash than the scratchy Lancome's Large Shadow Brush #11 which i donated to my cousin.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have also reviewed the Kanebo Face brush and the Eyeshadow brush is of the same fantastic quality. Seriously - this is high quality stuff. I am not kidding - I have had this brush (actually 2 of them so I had already re-purchased) since the late 1980ies (sic!) and used it extensively (this goes for the face brush as well). At that time the handle was made from a transparent china red plastic, very 80ies indeed. It still looks like new. I take very good care of my brushes, but still - we are talking about 20 years of heavy duty use... In my stash I also have brushes from other brands (e.g. MAC, Bobbi Brown, Chanel, Youngblood) as well. It will be interesting to see how they compare when I have had them as long as the Kanebo ones :-). This brush is a natural hair brush (I cannot remember what hair but it could be sable). Fairly large so I use as a shading brush for larger areas of the lid. Great stuff!

on 1/21/2007 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

These are the absolute best brushes I have ever tried..they are extremly expensive at about $75 each but these will last and apply color like nothing else. Even the novice will be able to get a smooth uniform look with these brushes.They are great for building intesity or if you just want a sheer wash of color. My only regret is not buying more when they sold them seperately!!

Popular Makeup Brushes