Paula's Choice Hydralight Moisture-Infusing Lotion

Paula's Choice Hydralight Moisture-Infusing Lotion
Hydralight Moisture-Infusing LotionHydralight Moisture-Infusing Lotion

3.4

Not tested on animals

Water, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate (skin-conditioning agent), Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone/skin-conditioning agent), Butylene Glycol (water-binding agent), Dimethicone (silicone/skin-conditioning agent), Propylene Glycol Isoceteth-3 Acetate (water-binding agent), Squalane (emollient), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 (gel-based thickener), Potassium Cetyl Phosphate (emulsifier), Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate (thickeners), Cholesterol (skin-conditioning agent), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (anti-irritant), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract (antioxidants), Sodium Hyaluronate (water-binding agent), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (suspending agent), Glycerin (water-binding agent), Superoxide Dismutase (antioxidant), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Sodium PCA, Phytosphingosine (water-binding agents), Magnesium Aluminum Silicate (thickener), Cetyl Alcohol (emollient), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Laureth-4 (emulsifier), Laureth-23 (solubolizing agent), Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid (preservatives).

on 5/30/2016 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm always on the lookout for a nice, lightweight moisturizer for my combo normal to oily skin. Sometimes my skin needs just a little boost, and many commonly available moisturizers are too emollient, turning my T-zone into an oil slick.

I tried Hydralight Lotion because I liked other items in the line. I found this product to be a lovely texture, a thin milky lotion that applies smoothly, absorbs quickly, and is just a touch of moisture. The finish is slightly dewy/sticky, but feels weightless on skin. When worn overnight, it is just the right amount of moisture for my oily areas, and I wake up feeling like my skin is balanced (not too dry, not too oily). In the range of PC night moisturizers I've tried, Hydralight Lotion is toward the less emollient end of the spectrum, but more emollient than Skin Balancing or Resist for normal to oily. The product is also very soothing to my skin, which is a plus for me.

In general, I prefer the texture of Hydralight Lotion over its replacement from the new Calm line, except for one thing--the smell. Hydralight Lotion has a nauseating cucumber smell. It is somewhat reminiscent of PC Skin Perfecting 1% BHA Lotion but not quite as strong. Fortunately the scent wears off quickly, but it does take the luster off my impression of the product.

Regardless, I would recommend Hydralight Lotion...it is going away soon, but it is a nice product for a great price.

on 2/25/2016 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Update: I'm almost sure that this contributes to breakouts and cystic, painful acne. I could not believe it and it makes me SO angry. I looked it up in cosdna and this has highly comedogenic ingredients in the mix. Why? Why not avoid these things in a lotion for oily and combo skin people?

Review
I've been using this, her clear sunscreen, bha and clinique mild toner plus some cosmetics that supposedly are non comedogenic, and are a either light in texture or powder.

I'm actively breaking out in whiteheads and other annoying things. Could it be this lotion and the spf? :/ sigh. At this rate I'll only be able to put on aloe and powder foundation le sigh

To Read all 111 Reviews, Login or Join

I have combination skin, very sensitive, with rosacea & am prone to redness. This is my go to summer moisturizer (unless I need an soft). It is moisturizing, doesn't break me out, doesn't make my rosacea flare up & just soothes my skin. I love the light cucumber scent. Everyone compliments my skin & thinks I am much younger, I owe it partially to Paula's choice.

on 6/20/2015 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This left my skin a little red and left my chin with some breakouts but I loved the light hydration. I think it is better suited to normal slightly combo skin though since there is a sheen to my skin after a couple of hours. Just can't deal with the after effects. Smells lightly like cucumbers. I still give it a 4 because my skin is really sensitive.

on 6/19/2015 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

other then good spf 30 all she does is either meh or gives me acne
this one gave me acne. made my skin red and iritated. the only good thing it.s not very expensive

on 4/16/2015 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This lotion is lightweight for sure, and non irritating, but holy hell, you want to talk about cystic acne?
I don't know if one or two deep, cystic like pimples is acne at all. All I know is this lotion,which seemed great at first; caused three deep, very painful pimples with that hard "seed" in the Center that needs extraction before the pimple will heal.
I stopped using it after the first one or two and went back to impruv. It's getting warmer out so that can't be a solution. I tried the Hydralight again. And now I have a cystic like lesion that is sore, blind and ugly on my forehead.
I don't eat wheat and dairy, rarely eggs or meat. These kinds of break outs even with my sugar problem (yes I'm a sugar addict) never occur.
This lotion revealed itself as not very hydrating after a few weeks use-in fact the opposite. My skin became dehydrated, red and I started to get the perioral dermatitis Id just gotten rid of.
Everything I've sampled from Paula's choice has been just awful.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Don't use if you have sensitive skin. The only reason I didn't give it 1 star was because it moisturizes and controls oil really well. It gave me red little bumps on my cheek bones and forehead... Weirdddd

on 3/25/2015 6:43:00 PM

I really like this. My face looks fresh and rosy in the morning when I use this before bed. No milia, no eye lines and nice glow. This might be a little light for the dead of winter, but I love it the rest of the time.

My favourite moisturizer of all time. I honestly dont know what this product does only that my skin looks better than it ever has. I just love it. There is nothing else to say but the fact that it has been the only thing keeping my skin in shape. I highly recommend, it smells like tropical fruit punch or something. As per the formula it contains so many great ingredients. Really great skin cream!

on 12/21/2014 5:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I received a sample packet of this in a swap. While it did make my dry face feel a tad smoother I wasn't impressed. I do appreciate getting it to try out. You never know if something will work for you or not, and sadly this didn't work for me.