MAC Beauty Powder in Peaceful

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
MAC Beauty Powder in Peaceful

This went missing for a while, and oh how I missed it. I own 3 other beauty powders, but this is the one I reach for the most. (Actually, the other three get completely ignored in favor of this. Maybe I should swap 'em.) It's a very subtle, peachy-tan shade - I think the closest comparison I could think of would be a really sheer studiofix compact in NW35. The depth of the shade is ever so slightly darker than my skintone, but doesn't look muddy. It's not a bronzer, but it warms up the complexion. I find it useful for whenever I get little sleep and am looking pale. Unfortunately, this was limited edition. I will really miss it when it's gone -- not to mention that I LOVE the tiger-striped compact. I'm told that NARS' Madly is very similar, so I'll have to check that out when I finish this off.

I am just crazy enough about this that if Madly turns out to be the same, I will crush it up and repress into this compact. Totally serious. I wish MAC would re-release this!

For reference, I'm light-medium Asian, NC30/35 in Studiofix powder; NC25 in StudioFix fluid, black hair, brown eyes.

on 2/14/2007 6:05:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this beauty powder. It's my first and I find it's a great finish, setting powder. I use it after bronzer, blush and everything else and just buff it in with my Smashbox #1. It is bronzey on me with a VERY slight peach tone but not so much as you'd think I put blush all over my face. Just warm and glowy. I do not detect any sparkle or overt shimmer. This does not accentuate my already scary pores. On days when my neck is not so tan, this works as my bronzer. Gorgeous shade and such a soft lovely powder. I'd be upset it's LE but my guess is it's gonna last me a while and I'll find another one I like in the meantime!

on 2/13/2007 5:10:00 PM

I love this beauty powder. I must admit I have not really worn any type of powder lately because I have been afraid too since becoming hormonally acne-prone. I have been wearing this for a few weeks and no sign of acne due to this powder. I am a FFF and this just warms up my skin w/a peachy glow. It looks as though my skin is airbrushed (I apply all over like a bronzer). It doesn't show up orangey like some have said, just a nice healthy look on me. Too bad it's a LE, I would definitely repurchase.

on 1/22/2007 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love MAC Beauty Powders, but when I opened this one I was a bit hesitant. It appears in the pan a medium peachy-tan, and I didn't know how that was going to look on my PPP skin. I set it aside and ignored it for a few days, until last night. My makeup was all done, but I looked a bit paler than I like to. So I whipped out Peaceful and a powder brush and brushed a bit on. And all of a sudden my skin was more...skin-colored. I looked fresh, healthy, and glowy. With a bit of Smile blush, Peaceful is just perfect. At first, I didn't even think I'd keep this stuff, and now I want a back-up! It's almost like a subtle matte bronzer for the truly pale :)